Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

ScumLord wrote: »
    Scroll down, they won't all fit at the side and RSR app is one of the last.

Problem wasn't scrolling down :p The right hand side menu wasn't showing up for me at all - reinstalled all from scatch and it all works now. Must not have being hovering the mouse over far enough or something.

Anyways got a couple of laps in Vallelunga with my 360 controller and getting the grips with the game slowly. Have a DFGT steering wheel so will have to drag that out soon enough to see does it help with the lap times.

Having a lot of fun with the game so far though, now to find some time to find optimal settings and figure out the racing lines and speeds for corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

I have the timing working I've followed the instructions. The timing works but i have no option to get the RSR UI module selected in the Options/General at the main menu.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Squidwert wrote: »
    I have the timing working I've followed the instructions. The timing works but i have no option to get the RSR UI module selected in the Options/General at the main menu.:confused:
    The UI is a separate folder from the app. I'm not at home now so I can't check which folder it goes into.

Once the UI is in place you can launch the event, it's a bit like launching a special event in that it sets everything up for you.

If the app is working RSR is recording your lap times. Launching from the UI just tells it to add the lap time to our specific event as well as the over all standings. So worst case scenario is it doesn't show up on the event but will have your time from the over all times.

You have to join the group, use the RSR UI button to launch the event and then have the app running while you're playing to have your laptime show up in the event standings.

The good news is once you've finished doing that you'll have to do it all again when the next update of the game comes out. :pac: I've done it 10 times now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

After I had it installed, it didn't show up in the game's main menu at first either. Go to the options menu and under UI Module there should be a box to check that shows apps in the main menu.
    Once that is ticked you can log into the website through the games menu.
    Not sure if this is the problem or not:P.

Sraw wrote: »
    Go to the options menu and under UI Module there should be a box to check that shows apps in the main menu.
    I'd forgotten about that. That's probably it.

• Advertisement

After I had it installed, it didn't show up in the game's main menu at first either. Go to the options menu and under UI Module there should be a box to check that shows apps in the main menu.

Thats the problem i have no box to tick. I've just got the draggable clock option. I.ll give it another go later. lovin the combo :)

Thats the problem i have no box to tick. I've just got the draggable clock option. I.ll give it another go later. lovin the combo :)

Sorted just reinstalled assetto

I'm all most there:rolleyes: I sign in to the sim go to the RSR livetiming app, go to the boards group, select the group and hit join, enter the caption, Yay it says i joined the group. what do i do now?? I started and did some laps and could see them on the RSR timing app in game. But how do they register in the group leaderboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes you are almost there, took me a while too to twig what to do...when you are in the sim and have the RSR livetiming app open, in the top right corner click the round Start button and viola the game will start up with the correct car/track combo.

• Advertisement

Darwin wrote: »
    Yes you are almost there, took me a while too to twig what to do...when you are in the sim and have the RSR livetiming app open, in the top right corner click the round Start button and viola the game will start up with the correct car/track combo.

Thanks i'll find it later(i hope :pac:)

Thanks i'll find it later(i hope :pac:)
    As long as RSR is recording the times we can at least compare them.

As long as RSR is recording the times we can at least compare them.

Yea i have I'd be on top by .2 but long way to go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Looks like the app just got updated again!

Still lots more time to get. set is from the RSR setups tab

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/ajax.php?action=download_setup&id=35

robk24 wrote:
    Looks like the app just got updated again!
    I jinxed it.
    Yea i have I'd be on top by .2 but long way to go:D
    Is your time a 1:23.218? I think it's on our leaderboard.

I jinxed it.

Is your time a 1:23.218? I think it's on our leaderboard.

I did have a 23.5 before i got the group timing work but i managed to beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think we better off using some sort of Boards.ie names in there?

I think we better off using some sort of Boards.ie names in there?
    The name is taken directly from your steam account. In edit profile you can set a nickname.

New time done with this set just changed the tyre pressure's all round to 24 psi.
    http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/ajax.php?action=download_setup&id=35

• Advertisement

Rumours of multiplayer or race weekend update today.

1907292_856370434389276_7374914037231327508_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Rumours of multiplayer or race weekend update today.

1907292_856370434389276_7374914037231327508_n.jpg

That looks stunning, I wish mine looked like that, I wonder what the GT4 Evora will be like?

Is it time for another challenge?

The other one is going to run for another while yet, I set it to run for much longer than a thought.

How about a race event?

Is it time for another challenge?

The other one is going to run for another while yet, I set it to run for much longer than a thought.

How about a race event?

Sure set one up :)

I was thinking one of the new lotus cars on Silverstone international. I only tried the national version of Silverstone recently and it's a much nicer layout than the GP.

I was thinking one of the new lotus cars on Silverstone international. I only tried the national version of Silverstone recently and it's a much nicer layout than the GP.

Sounds good I've not got the new update yet so it will be a great way to get into one of the new cars

Any news on a new event

Any news on a new event

Sorry I'll set it up this evening. Lotus GTC at Silverstone international.

• Advertisement

No update tomorrow due to Italian national holiday but multiplayer comes out next week, may the 2nd.

http://www.racedepartment.com/assetto-corsa-multiplayer-scheduled-may-2/

They seem to be putting a lot of effort into being ready for multiplayer but it's bound to be mayhem, everyones going to want to be in a race that day.

Advertisement