Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rest In Peace Pygmalion - Condolences thread only - No Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

bythewoods wrote: »
    Hi guys, just saw this RE Pygmalion. Spread the word perhaps?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056539301

OMG! Hope he's ok :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Damn :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Fúck, thought that was a piss-take or something at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056539301

Jesus, I hope he is found soon and okay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I saw it come up in Trace Missing Persons Ireland on my Newsfeed. Hope he's found and that he's ok :( I'll share it on my wall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Oh shít. I really hope he turns up soon and is just on some epicly long computer programming marathon or something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Pyggy :( </3
    Come back like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Maybe get everyone to thank that post in the DCU forum (even if it's very odd 'thanking' such a post) and get it to post of the day, so more people will see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Well, I shared the information on my Facebook page, I know a few people going to college in Dublin at the moment. It's strange how I've never met him, and yet it seems rather personal, having been on boards for awhile. This really is a valuable community we have here.

Hopefully it'll all be a misunderstanding and he'll be fine!

I've made an announcement here anyway so hopefully more people will see that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hope he's ok <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I saw the pictures on Facebook/Twitter and I thought I recognised the photo, I hope he's alright.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Folks,

anyone who has any information, please contact the Gardaí at Whitehall or post in the DCU thread to keep everything together.

Thanks,

R.

Attol wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I apologise for the double post but I think this deserves it.

196086_10150115531996587_681956586_7058603_823038_n.jpg

Paul Bunbury, a DCU Student has recently gone missing. Paul hasn't been seen since Thursday at roughly 4pm in DCU and nobody has been able to contact him. His family are very worried, and are appealing to anybody with information to contact Whitehall Garda Station on 01-6664500.

Please pass this message on to anyone you know. Hopefully someone has seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It's strange how I've never met him, and yet it seems rather personal, having been on boards for awhile. This really is a valuable community we have here.
    I know this is a terrible situation, but it's actually nice to see how everyone's reacting on facebook, twitter, reddit and especially here. People give out about the internet, and say it's just full of assholes, but there's a lot of proof today that it's a very caring community when it really matters.

I hope Pygmalion gets to see all this concern soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

People from my school (Who have no idea who he is and no association with boards whatsoever) are sharing this on facebook.

It gives me a nice feeling

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I've made an announcement here anyway so hopefully more people will see that.
    Oops, didn't even see the announcement, Kate, and copied in the thread ...

And Silverfish has upgraded us all, and stuck up a sitewide announcement, which is all to the better.

Oops, didn't even see the announcement, Kate, and copied in the thread ...

And Silverfish has upgraded us all, and stuck up a sitewide announcement, which is all to the better.

Yeah I just saw that there, I posted in the mod forum requesting it. There's about 20 people posting about it on Facebook most aren't boardsies so it's being spread around pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Heard about this earlier and had to rejoin to help add some support for this. :( Really hope he's found safe and sound.

I've been spreading it around twitter all day and have gotten a few Irish celebs retweeting and spreading the message about it. If any of you are on there, use the hashtag #FindPaulB to help spread it around.

(Noel2k9/Grindylow/etc here btw..)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I really hope this has a happy ending.

I retweeted this on twitter and have posted it to Facebook, though I have a fairly limited friend-base in the Dublin area. It's been shared by one of them at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I found out when Noel tweeted it and I really hope he's ok :(

I've shared it and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Any news on him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Any news on him?
    No, I don't think so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Really hoping he's found soon :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Any news on him?

His brother posted on his Facebook page thanking everyone for spreading the word but no other news posted since so I think he's still missing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Hope both missing people are found safe and sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I really hope both people are fouind, this is horrible and as QoL said it makes it real for you when you see it on the news. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jorges

I really hope he is found soon and it has all been a terrible misunderstanding.
    It's always sad to hear of people missing like this but when they are so young it's even more upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Hope he's found okay. I know a couple of his friends from Wexford and everyone's been sharing it on Facebook from all over the country so at least they're getting his picture out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I really hope Pygmalion is okay... this is awful. :(

Advertisement