Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-10-2011, 07:19   #31
mneylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamo1991 View Post
This may sound stupid, If I was to register a company say Blog Interior Design, is there anything stopping me from registering a domain interiordesign.ie if it is available or does it have to relate to the company name exactly etc.
It doesn't have to relate exactly, so if you had that business you could get a domain name made up of any combination of the keywords without any extra paperwork
Advertisement
07-10-2011, 22:54   #32
unnameduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknight View Post
You need to get a registered business name from the CRO if you are trading as anything other than your given name ie. if your name is John Doe and you want to trade as Irish Widgets you would need it
The VAT registration limits are unrelated
When the best hosting providers give this kind of advice you'd better take it onboard!

As stated earlier register a business name with the CRO. My understanding is that web applications are processed much faster than paper applications.

And as for .ie addresses, my advice would be to continue with it. They have several advantages over other extension TLDs.

Best of luck
08-10-2011, 21:07   #33
liamo1991

Quote:
It doesn't have to relate exactly, so if you had that business you could get a domain name made up of any combination of the keywords without any extra paperwork
Thanks for the advice Blacknight, it was helpful
26-10-2011, 09:20   #34
Speculator

Hi

i bought 3 .ie domains for personal use. I am now planning on developing them to make money. Do i need to inform them that i now wish to use these domains as a business?

And what type of company do most websites operate, a sole trader?
30-10-2011, 14:33   #35
mneylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
Hi

i bought 3 .ie domains for personal use. I am now planning on developing them to make money. Do i need to inform them that i now wish to use these domains as a business?
If you registered the domain(s) to yourself as a private individual and are now operating as a limited company then you probably should get them updated to the company.
Advertisement
30-10-2011, 17:17   #36
Speculator

Quote:
If you registered the domain(s) to yourself as a private individual and are now operating as a limited company then you probably should get them updated to the company.
Hi Blacknight,

I will be operating as a sole trader, will this make any difference?
30-10-2011, 18:17   #37
mneylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
Hi Blacknight,

I will be operating as a sole trader, will this make any difference?
Probably not, as there's no real line between an individual and a sole trader
Thanks from:
02-07-2012, 11:30   #38
scotwilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
No. People are often smarter than that. If you are targeting the Irish market, it is best to have a .ie as .com is global.

Regards...jmcc

I am totally agree with u jmcc, me as a scotish person i would refer that.........
01-10-2012, 16:40   #39

With .ie there is a requirement to validate your connection as an Irish entity. This can be quite good once you have it but it does mean that you must supply the required documentation. If you are committed to your business long term then registering with CRO is something you will want to do anyway. Best advice is collect your documents and take the time to sort it out correctly. It will be worth it. Also check out http://gettingirishbusinessonline.ie/ its a great support for new business starting out. As an Irish business, if your customer base is Ireland then it will be worth the effort getting the .ie status. Good luck, hope this helps.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-10-2012, 11:52   #40
jlacey

this is true really for your business in Ireland, even.co.uk can marginalise an irish consumer, but if all else fails, people are not that bothered if your .com or .ie, how good you run your business is the most important thing, because rank engine and search engine results will go up and down and this will effect profits
15-10-2012, 14:40   #41
Mr Bump

OP, HellFireClub is correct, it is ot hard, just register online, it costs 20 euro, you must also register with core.ie, when you pay online then within 24hours you will be able to access your RBN1 for in core and email it for your .ie address, it is really not that hard, also it only takes 24 hour for everything to be completed,

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFireClub View Post
What you need to do OP is register a Business Name with the CRO using the RBN1 form, when you pay your (40 Euro I think it is or 20 Euro if you do it online), you can fax the receipt you get to your web hosting company and this will tick the little public sector box that needs to be ticked in order to issue you with a domain name.

http://www.cro.ie/ena/business-regis...ness-name.aspx
24-11-2012, 12:05   #42
aclerkin
Banned

Write the provider of .ie domain a letter explaining all and that should cover it. I don't think they read them half the time anyway.
05-02-2013, 11:36   #43
Gizmoses

A .ie domain name is one of the hardest domains to get. But if you supply your hosting company with a business number from CRO (which costs 20 euro online) should have it within the week.

Hope that helps
05-02-2013, 11:54   #44
Graham

A .ie domain is generally not at all difficult to get but it does take slightly more than handing over your credit card details.
12-02-2013, 20:36   #45
Cookiepus

CRO online applicaton

i thought - great i can do this on my PC with credit card or whatever
look at the instructions!....post a cheque!

Step 1
Complete your document online

Step 2
Print and sign your signature page

Step 3
Post the signature page along with your cheque to:-

Business Names Section
Companies Registration Office
Parnell House
14 Parnell Square
Dublin 1

Quick Reply