Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-05-2020, 21:25   #1576
Marlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_ View Post
Hey does anyone know if you can end a Vodafone broadband contract early ? Do you have to pay the remaining months fee or is there a max that they will charge ?
To my knowledge, Vodafone don't have a buyout option, so you'll be liable for the entire contract.

/M
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-06-2020, 18:02   #1577
scabo33

Hi everyone.

I just purchased a new development and the house attached to me has 100mb broadband. We are directly accross the exchange. We called eircom and they are saying our line isint connected and there is nothing they can do. My wife and I work from home so need broadband before we move In. Is there any supplier who will do this for us? We met the KN engineer who put it in our neighbour.

Any help would be great
08-06-2020, 17:45   #1578
hero001

Swith from Eir options

Hi there, I have Eir FTTH (Fibre Extreme 150 Mb) paying Euro 75 per month .

3 teenagers in the house, so internet usage is high and Wifi signal appears to be getting poorer in recent months, but that may be down to the amount of usage.

I'm thinking of moving to Vodafone or SKY at present. Vodafone looks like good value for FTTH, is it any good? Wwill I need a new cable as they use SIRO and my fiber is a Eir cable?

We have SKY TV, so their hub would appear to give better wifi coverage around the house, as the sky boxes act as repeaters and the price point appears to be slightly less than what I'm paying at present.

Any recommendations?
09-06-2020, 12:19   #1579
ciaranmul

Cancelled Eir, which provider to go for?

Finally managed to cancel Eir. Genuinely the worst company I have ever dealt with. Looking to switch provider.

Don't require much, no TV or phone needed, just broadband and I live in Portobello, Dublin City.

Bonker.ie is showing confusing results. Looking for fast speeds (tried Three's 4g sim card thing, download speed was only 3mb) and reliability along with good customer service.

Any recommendations?
09-06-2020, 12:55   #1580
Stewball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranmul View Post
Finally managed to cancel Eir. Genuinely the worst company I have ever dealt with. Looking to switch provider.
Vodafone by a country mile.

My current dealings with them.
  • Ordered mobile broadband on 29/4
  • Delivered on the 1/5
  • They didn't activate the sim card until the 4/5
  • Rang to cancel within the 14 days cooling off period on the 18/5 because of poor coverage.
  • They said they'd extend the cooling off period until the 22/5 and fix my coverage.
  • Rang back on the 22/5 to cancel because the coverage didn't improve.
  • I've been waiting since the 22/5 for someone to come and pick up the device - the service is still active but I'm not using it. I've called them 5-6 times and each time I've been told someone will contact me with 24hrs to arrange pick up.

I've blocked them from taking any payments from my bank account.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2020, 15:18   #1581
LaAlgerie

Vodafone ^^
  • I signed up with them months ago
  • Engineers said there's a ducting issue on public property, not my issue
  • Vodafone said that's fine, they'll work it out. Lots of appointments, nobody turns up
  • Vodafone calls me telling me the issue is on my property. I ask them why that contradicts the engineer's report, no reply I ask for the engineer's notes, they tell me the engineers are saying it's "unavailable"
  • I ask VF why they were telling me the issue was on my property if they have no engineer notes? Made a complaint to them, then comreg
  • Second engineer comes out of the blue, says exactly same as first guy, ducting issue is out on the street, civil works
  • Comreg closed the case the other day saying VF has now made arrangements for the ducting to be fixed VF totally lied to me. I guess they didn't want to pay for the engineers to dig a shallow hole to fix the ducting so were probably BS just to scare me out of the contract
  • Comreg has done nothing now, and they don't seem to understand the ISP were lying their holes off
12-06-2020, 15:42   #1582
snoopsheep

is there a thread for renewal offers/tips on virgin

currently paying full whack for tv/phone/broadband and only using the latter

be interested to know what kind of deal i could expect if i rang them and went through the rigmarole etc
17-06-2020, 10:34   #1583
gibgodsman

Digiweb are without a doubt the best broadband provider I have used, I have used Virgin, Sky and Eir and have knowledge of Vodafone, Eir and Vodafone are similar in the sense they are absolutely woeful with customer service and service in general.

Virgin are great when working but when it goes down you have literally no hope of getting any answers, again terrible customer service.

Sky were great but the price is much higher than other providers so its not worth it

Digiweb actually worked out cheaper that virgin for double the speed, It never goes down, and their customer service is absolutely brilliant, you ring them there is no waiting on hold, you get a real person and they answer your questions completely and honestly.
Thanks from:
17-06-2020, 12:25   #1584
chewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibgodsman View Post
Digiweb are without a doubt the best broadband provider I have used, I have used Virgin, Sky and Eir and have knowledge of Vodafone, Eir and Vodafone are similar in the sense they are absolutely woeful with customer service and service in general.

Virgin are great when working but when it goes down you have literally no hope of getting any answers, again terrible customer service.

Sky were great but the price is much higher than other providers so its not worth it

Digiweb actually worked out cheaper that virgin for double the speed, It never goes down, and their customer service is absolutely brilliant, you ring them there is no waiting on hold, you get a real person and they answer your questions completely and honestly.
+1 for Digiweb. Always available for a chat and their tech support is super. No issues with them.
Advertisement
17-06-2020, 14:07   #1585
LaAlgerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
To my knowledge, Vodafone don't have a buyout option, so you'll be liable for the entire contract.

/M

I read Vodafone's contract yesterday, as I have my own issue.

It says if you want to leave early you can, but "may" face early termination chargers.

"Please notify us 30 days in advance of cancelling your service, if you cancel within the minimum term, an early termination fee may apply. "

Sky
Does anyone have their BB? It's FTTH and speeds are good? Customer service is ok?

Some of the prices of the smaller providers are very high compared to the big 2.

Last edited by LaAlgerie; 17-06-2020 at 14:16. Reason: Adding a question
17-06-2020, 15:54   #1586
eiei0

Hi All

I am trying to see what options for FTTH there is for my Inlaws

I know FTTH passes there gate as we live up the road and have it but when I put there number or Eircode into either Voda or Eir I can only select VDSL, is there no new FTTH connections available??

On the Airwave site it lists FTTH as available

Thanks
17-06-2020, 17:45   #1587
Marlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiei0 View Post
Airwave is an internet provider in Cork, who only does fixed wireless to my knowledge. Are you sure, you have that right ? You didn't mean Airwire by chance ?

/M
18-06-2020, 11:17   #1588
wacotaco

I looking to get broadband only for a 2 month period. I need a decent service for working from home, netflix etc.
Would anyone know the best deal on a monthly basis?
18-06-2020, 11:21   #1589
cnocbui

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiei0 View Post
Hi All

I am trying to see what options for FTTH there is for my Inlaws

I know FTTH passes there gate as we live up the road and have it but when I put there number or Eircode into either Voda or Eir I can only select VDSL, is there no new FTTH connections available??

Thanks
Is their house well back from the road; are they close to a village?
18-06-2020, 11:46   #1590
cnocbui

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacotaco View Post
I looking to get broadband only for a 2 month period. I need a decent service for working from home, netflix etc.
Would anyone know the best deal on a monthly basis?
Providers don't generally do short term broadband contracts. I think Airwire have a shorter than 12 month service. Your best bet is probably just data for your phone.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion