Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
23-06-2011, 16:39   #16
nia121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 86
crap...hope u get it :/ they stil may giv it 2 u on a 2.2 (hopefully)

i dnt tink i can repeat for a 2.1..im just guna hav to rely on dem hopefully takn me on a 2.2
nia121 is offline  
Advertisement
23-06-2011, 22:15   #17
brennra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 127
Send a message via MSN to brennra
yeah doubt il get it now to be honest.. i missed the 2.1 by 5% which im annoyed about! when do u find out ur results?
brennra is offline  
23-06-2011, 22:20   #18
nia121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 86
They may stil consider u...i emailed them after i got the conditional offer and asked would i still hav a chance of getting into the course if i only got a 2.2...and they said maybe...it depends on the course co-ordinators decision...so dnt giv up hope yet! only 5% off a 2.1 is a really good mark!

I get my results nxt thursday...I know full sure i will get a 2.2

Lets just hope no one who has applied to this course has got a 2.1 and we will get in
nia121 is offline  
23-06-2011, 22:24   #19
brennra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 127
Send a message via MSN to brennra
thanks.. you have given me some bit of hope.. i know il get the 2.1 in august cos i didnt sit one exam, so i will be doign it then but just really want to get into this course
brennra is offline  
28-06-2011, 21:51   #20
nia121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 86
my nerves are actually shattered waitin on dese results!! 2 days left! did u send ur results off to dit as soon as u got them?
nia121 is offline  
Advertisement
28-06-2011, 22:02   #21
brennra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 127
Send a message via MSN to brennra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nia121 View Post
my nerves are actually shattered waitin on dese results!! 2 days left! did u send ur results off to dit as soon as u got them?

no I called cos I got a 2.2 but I can't get in with out the 2.1 :'(
brennra is offline  
30-06-2011, 18:30   #22
nia121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 86
I got a 2.2 :/ like i knew i would so its no big surprise...so close to a 2.1 aswell..off about 6 marks....what can ya do like!

i sent off my results to them in an email anyway... but u called them and told dem about the 2.2....they said no straight away??? u definitely cant get a place on the course?? thats a bit unfair.. :/ i should ring them then should i? awww this isn't lookin hopeful at all
nia121 is offline  
07-07-2011, 11:27   #23
brennra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 127
Send a message via MSN to brennra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nia121 View Post
I got a 2.2 :/ like i knew i would so its no big surprise...so close to a 2.1 aswell..off about 6 marks....what can ya do like!

i sent off my results to them in an email anyway... but u called them and told dem about the 2.2....they said no straight away??? u definitely cant get a place on the course?? thats a bit unfair.. :/ i should ring them then should i? awww this isn't lookin hopeful at all
Sorry I thought i replied to this ages ago. I just cancelled my application for this cos they wont let me in without a 2.1 so i just accepted a place on the Msc in Tourism Management.. How did you get on after?
brennra is offline  
07-07-2011, 14:29   #24
nia121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 86
Oh well done at least ur sorted for something. I sent off my results to them the day I got them I had a applied for 2 masters... the other one i never got a conditional offer for but they replied to me yesterday sayin i hadn't been successful in it. Haven't heard anything back from criminology yet...but im not hopeful..if you didn't get in on a 2.2..i won't like really wanted that course! oh well...I've applied for 4 more today!!! might be too late but fingers crossed i get something...at a very loose end if I don't get any course for next year!

Anyway...well done again
nia121 is offline  
Advertisement
10-07-2011, 18:19   #25
AdamD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillan View Post
A law degree that doesn't qualify you for a job. People are surprised by my decision to embark on another degree after my four years of law. What a complete and utter waste of time. I've since lost my parchment, but who needs it? It isn't worth a dick's fart to a blind man.

You could do a Masters in Criminology sure for whatever 2/3 grand, but ****, my sterling advice would be to pack it in and go get a real qualification. Do ****in science or E-Commerce, or something you don't have put down on your CV and then think how am I going to explain how those four years are going to get me this job that I don't even ****ing want.

Or you could do the FE1s, or the Kings Inn exams and just get on with your life. Get your job and make your money boo boo. Function in society without blaming your lack of interest in working a job you don't like on the degree you have chosen, because in general I notice the majority end up not liking the jobs they work as starting off at least, but they get on with it because they don't have the option to go on and try other things until they're thirty and decide it's finally time to choose a career path, having failed at every attempt at writing a ****ty play that always ends up autobio****ingraphical.

Criminology? ****in codology. The whole lot of it
**** post full of horse**** is ****
AdamD is offline  
04-11-2013, 16:57   #26
tomcluskey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadnerb111 View Post
Hey Jen

I finished the MA criminology in DIT in september 2009. Ive just a few short comments:

1) In my opinion its an excellent course. We had one lecturer who wasnt very good, all the rest were top range, most had extensice research histories, and were educated at top universities here and abroad.

2) I did the course part time over two years. I work full time so I was advised by staff in DIt that full time MA would be a serious struggle. It was good advice. However there were people in my class, mostly Garda, solicitors, barristers etc, who also worked full time and did the one year full time course. Most of these ( not all) got time off work for study.

3) Re future careers: it really depends on personal circumstances. Im of to Queens to do a PhD in October, class mates felt it would help with promotions, or diversity re other areas of law work/social work/teaching etc.

In short the course is very good and interesting. Lots of theory, good research methods tuition, and criminology is a huge subject so lots of room for specialisation.

If you are interested I can provide you with a copy of my final thesis to browse.

Nad
Hi Nad,

Are you doing a Phd in Criminology?
tomcluskey is offline  
13-05-2015, 10:36   #27
RedmondHR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 275
Revival

Hi, attempting to revive this thread

I was offered a masters in criminology if I get a 2.1. I am guessing you are all finished it, just want to know, How did yous find it? any tips for someone going in?
RedmondHR is offline  
19-05-2015, 03:21   #28
Badgingarra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmondHR View Post
Hi, attempting to revive this thread

I was offered a masters in criminology if I get a 2.1. I am guessing you are all finished it, just want to know, How did yous find it? any tips for someone going in?
Hi Redmond..
I'm just finished 3rd year social care and I'm hoping to be in the same boat as you this time next year.
Just wondering what the application process was like for you this year? Was there interviews etc..?
Badgingarra is offline  
19-05-2015, 09:42   #29
RedmondHR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgingarra View Post
Hi Redmond..
I'm just finished 3rd year social care and I'm hoping to be in the same boat as you this time next year.
Just wondering what the application process was like for you this year? Was there interviews etc..?
Hey Badgingarra,

The application process was handy enough, All Online.
Just apply for part time or full time. You fill out your form, DOB,what and where you studied you studied, your address...the usual stuff. There are two sections where you write out your personal achievements and professional association details. No interviews for me all online so its handy enough.
They got back to me in the space of 4-5 days, and offered it to me. I say the application is still open so there might be no harm in applying for it.
Also there is an open day on the 27th May 5.30-7.00. My college gave me a E-Brochure of the course of you want it?
RedmondHR is offline  
19-05-2015, 14:48   #30
Badgingarra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmondHR View Post
Hey Badgingarra,

The application process was handy enough, All Online.
Just apply for part time or full time. You fill out your form, DOB,what and where you studied you studied, your address...the usual stuff. There are two sections where you write out your personal achievements and professional association details. No interviews for me all online so its handy enough.
They got back to me in the space of 4-5 days, and offered it to me. I say the application is still open so there might be no harm in applying for it.
Also there is an open day on the 27th May 5.30-7.00. My college gave me a E-Brochure of the course of you want it?
Thanks for that.
I've still got a year to go with my hons degree so I can't apply till next year.
I'm just trying to get some info on the course at the moment.
It would be great if someone who has recently done this ma could tell us a bit more..
I'll pm you about the e-brochure, thanks.
Badgingarra is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet