Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-04-2016, 17:10   #1
mollybird

Dublin Geocachers Meetup

Just recently got into this activity and been looking online to see if there was any meet up's happening in the area but none that i could see of.

Anyone interested in meeting up to go looking for some geocaches in the next week or two?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-04-2016, 16:03   #2
budgese
Budgie Translator

Send a message via Skype™ to budgese
Hey! Last year myself and another boardsie put the feelers out for the same, but there wasn't much interest. But it only takes a spark! I'd be up for this, although may have to wait till my exams are done.
11-04-2016, 20:36   #3
mollybird

ya would be great to go out and to go looking for some with a group of people. im happy enough to wait a few weeks no bother. may give others the chance to see if they fancy doing it.
14-04-2016, 21:33   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybird View Post
Just recently got into this activity and been looking online to see if there was any meet up's happening in the area but none that i could see of.

Anyone interested in meeting up to go looking for some geocaches in the next week or two?
The Geocaching group on meetup.com which is Dublin based seems to be after waking from the dead in recent days, though I wouldn't hold my breath
24-04-2016, 15:14   #5
mollybird

ya i had been on to them about getting it going again. hoping to try and make the first one and will see how it goes.
Advertisement
24-04-2016, 15:44   #6
hytrogen

Look for "eventcaches" or even set one up yourself.
I've been to a few random flashmob eventcaches and they're great fun when people just emerge out of the wood work of the crowd on a busy street. They even used a public webcam setup down the river to snap us all & then we went for cake & coffee after.
24-04-2016, 20:37   #7
hytrogen

Speak of the devil there is one on in town, on the 14th May. Unfortunately on this new boards.ie app I can't seem to add a weblink but if you filter for eventcaches and look around the temple bar area you'll see it.
Thanks from:
01-05-2016, 19:09   #8
mollybird

may take a look if i can. did want to start up my own meet up group on the meet up site but says you need to pay to set up a group which sucks!!!!
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion