Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-06-2020, 19:11   #106
smacl

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbastarder View Post
there's the famous theory that he's addicted to calpol. i think he's addicted to his own douchebaggery, and the fact that people can't say no to him anymore, so like any addict, keeps having to up the dose of his own douchebagness to get the same hit from it.

that, and the fact that there are some psychological issues he needs to talk through.
Indeed. Americans often talk about the need for checks and balances. Once you give any individual this amount of power it strikes me that you need regular checks for imbalances. Personally I find it deeply disturbing that in a modern democracy an elderly infant can be allowed throw tantrums that can wreak so much havoc, hurt and pain. I wonder is there a bold step in the White house?
Advertisement
10-06-2020, 21:39   #107
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbastarder View Post
there's the famous theory that he's addicted to calpol. i think he's addicted to his own douchebaggery, and the fact that people can't say no to him anymore, so like any addict, keeps having to up the dose of his own douchebagness to get the same hit from it.

that, and the fact that there are some psychological issues he needs to talk through.
adderall apparently
16-06-2020, 11:54   #108
robindch

Last month, Russia opened a brand, spanking new Main Cathedral of the Russian Armed Forces - a cavernous, khaki-colored building which looks like it was designed for Mordor, but actually resides in in Patriot Park, a 13,500 acre theme park devoted to Russian military activities some 60k west of Moscow. With so much historically- or aesthetically-offensive kitsch on offer in the building, it's hard to say what's the worst, though the Grinning Alien Door (fourth photo, Moscow Times article) would certainly be near the top of most lists. In a rare, and possibly unique, nod to taste, the builders decided not to include mosaics of Stalin and Putin, though they'd been included in the original design.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...thedral-a70567
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...n-armed-forces
16-06-2020, 13:10   #109
Igotadose

Quote:
Originally Posted by robindch View Post
Last month, Russia opened a brand, spanking new Main Cathedral of the Russian Armed Forces - a cavernous, khaki-colored building which looks like it was designed for Mordor, but actually resides in in Patriot Park, a 13,500 acre theme park devoted to Russian military activities some 60k west of Moscow. With so much historically- or aesthetically-offensive kitsch on offer in the building, it's hard to say what's the worst, though the Grinning Alien Door (fourth photo, Moscow Times article) would certainly be near the top of most lists. In a rare, and possibly unique, nod to taste, the builders decided not to include mosaics of Stalin and Putin, though they'd been included in the original design.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...thedral-a70567
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...n-armed-forces
Was patriarch Kirill wearing the fancy wristwatch do you think?
18-06-2020, 23:57   #110
Hotblack Desiato
dead for tax reasons

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...postcount=9734

De Buurkes are back!

On the last day I was in work before lockdown they were back protesting outside Arthur Cox against injustice!!1!1!!1!

Now it's this - note the "realJosiahBurke" nod to Trump:

https://twitter.com/realJosiahBurke/...839707136?s=20

Of course what he's really at is getting all of his nutter fundie chums to click on the Nazional-Zocialst Partei feed... if he had a criticism of them, it would be that they were too liberal if anything!

Last edited by Hotblack Desiato; 19-06-2020 at 00:04.
Advertisement
19-06-2020, 01:31   #111
Bannasidhe
Moderation is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotblack Desiato View Post
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...postcount=9734

De Buurkes are back!

On the last day I was in work before lockdown they were back protesting outside Arthur Cox against injustice!!1!1!!1!

Now it's this - note the "realJosiahBurke" nod to Trump:

https://twitter.com/realJosiahBurke/...839707136?s=20

Of course what he's really at is getting all of his nutter fundie chums to click on the Nazional-Zocialst Partei feed... if he had a criticism of them, it would be that they were too liberal if anything!
No way am I clicking on that - and not only because the still frame was enough to give me the willies.
(3) thanks from:
19-06-2020, 10:32   #112
Hotblack Desiato
dead for tax reasons

As a parent (don't you hate it when people start a message with that?), I have to acknowledge they must have some serious skillz to keep their kids that indoctrinated and deluded in the modern information age.

How do they do it?
19-06-2020, 10:33   #113
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
As a parent (don't you hate it when people start a message with that?), I have to acknowledge they must have some serious skillz to keep their kids that indoctrinated and deluded in the modern information age.

How do they do it?
they cut them off from the modern information age or they only let them see the part they approve of
19-06-2020, 10:42   #114
nozzferrahhtoo

And there is the evil algorithm too. There is so MUCH information in the Modern Information Age that we rely on the algorithm more and more. And if you go down a rabbit hole of indoctrination then the algorithm is going to support the parents in this, by continuously suggesting the same kinds of content more and more to them and their children.
Advertisement
19-06-2020, 11:07   #115
Hotblack Desiato
dead for tax reasons

maybe teenage rebellion in their house was joining Continuity SSPX
19-06-2020, 11:08   #116
robindch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotadose View Post
Was patriarch Kirill wearing the fancy wristwatch do you think?
A fancy one - almost certainly. The fancy one - I'd say that one's been stuck in a drawer for just over eight years.
19-06-2020, 11:20   #117
robindch

Mafia Don's now-infamous tear-gas-and-rubber-bullets photo-op a few weeks back actually involved two churches - the well-known bible photo-op at St. John's Episcopal Church (without the permission of the owners), and a less-well-known swing past a statue of JPII at the Saint John Paul II National Shrine (again, seemingly without the permission of the owners).

The second visit seems to have been suggested/facilitated by a group called The Knights of Columbus, a moderately large company principally involved in the insurance business, and which seems to cater principally to the catholic community.

Anyway, following the photo-op, a senior member of the Knights sat down, wrote and published a splendid snorter, and hung up his hat for good:

https://www.ncronline.org/news/opini...ights-columbus

Last edited by robindch; 19-06-2020 at 11:47.
(2) thanks from:
19-06-2020, 11:24   #118
robindch

Quote:
maybe teenage rebellion in their house was joining Continuity SSPX
"Continuty SSPX" - that's what our own extended family calls the group in which Popette finds her spiritual fulfilment - the actual name being "SSPX Resistance" which is a hardline splinter group which formed from the SSPX, and which holds that the SSPX are a bunch of lackluster, lily-livered liberals. The SSPX, of course, is a hardline splinter group which holds that the mainstream RCC are a bunch of lackluster, lily-livered liberals.
19-06-2020, 11:25   #119
robindch

Quote:
De Buurkes are back!
Would I be right in thinking that Mr Burke is the Irish answer to English ubertroll Darren Grimes?
19-06-2020, 11:25   #120
Hotblack Desiato
dead for tax reasons

I've always wondered that about €800 watches never mind €80k ones. Do people actually wear them? Wouldn't you be terrified of banging it off the car door / cat litter tray / whatever ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion