Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-05-2020, 17:49   #391
MrStuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beersmith View Post
Anyone else absolutely hate the tweets appearing mid fight! ****ing so annoying!
I actually quite like it
Advertisement
15-05-2020, 21:09   #392
JimmyAlfonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStuffins View Post
I actually quite like it

I'm with the original poster. Distracting. Might be better placed in between rounds. Also thinking that when we look back at old footage these tweets covering up the action will seem very lame.
Thanks from:
15-05-2020, 21:54   #393
Porthallian

I'm in between. It's a good idea, but should be filtered a little more. I understand they are trying to show tweets from a lot of different fighters, fans etc. But some of them are so mundane, like "Finally some UFC action."
Thanks from:
15-05-2020, 22:17   #394
EagererBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyAlfonso View Post
I'm with the original poster. Distracting. Might be better placed in between rounds. Also thinking that when we look back at old footage these tweets covering up the action will seem very lame.
They'll not be hard coded as part of the footage.
Thanks from:
16-05-2020, 01:06   #395
Fromvert

The tweets should be kept for in between the rounds. Hated them coming up during the fight.

Was a fantastic performance by Justin, hopefully he gets the Khabib fight whenever he is ready and McGregor doesn't jump to the front of the line.

I was completely wrong thinking this card would do bad PPV wise, 700k the estimated buy rate in the US.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-05-2020, 02:06   #396
Still Ill

They should at least screen the tweets they put up during the fight. Nobody wants to hear what Stephen A Smith thinks about a fight. Especially when he's calling Justin Gaethje 'Garth'. Predictive text error or not, it's pretty brutal.
(2) thanks from:
20-05-2020, 02:34   #397
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwexford View Post
Tony wasn’t at his best. Nobody knows why. Cutting weight previously was stupid in my opinion. Regardless I believe Justin is a better fighter.
For what it's worth, Tony has said cutting twice wasn't a factor - via Eddie.

Eddie Bravo also said that he wasn't supposed to be in the Octagon, the the striking coach was the lead. But striking coach told him to go in there and he wasn't prepared for it and didn't know what to tell him.
21-05-2020, 14:50   #398
mdwexford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
For what it's worth, Tony has said cutting twice wasn't a factor - via Eddie.

Eddie Bravo also said that he wasn't supposed to be in the Octagon, the the striking coach was the lead. But striking coach told him to go in there and he wasn't prepared for it and didn't know what to tell him.
Yeah I’ve heard that but it takes a toll on the body. I find it hard to believe it didn’t have an impact and hinder his performance. But that’s speculation, maybe it made no difference to him.

When he’s ready a fight vs Poirier would make a lot of sense and would be guaranteed fireworks.
21-05-2020, 15:45   #399
Mellor

There's no way to know. But it certainly didn't help him.
Tony might not have even said it. Eddie was high at the time

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion