Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget sim racing

• 07-04-2020 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have been researching sim setups and see that you need a fairly decent gaming pc for most of the popular games to run properly,wheel pedals and screens. This runs quite a bit of money.
    I'm not sure if I want to make the investment straight away incase I loose interest.

I have a ps4,thinking of getting a logitech wheel, pedals and shifter along with a rig.will the standard ps4 do the job or would the ps4 pro be better? Is it in any way comparable to sim racing with pc just with less options/customisation?

Sorry if its been covered before.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Assetto Corsa is on PS4 as is Dirt rally both very good sims, then you have stuff with lesser physics like GT Sport and pcars.
    You will never get to the level as a PC but if you have a PS4 already why not grab them and a wheel thats compatible with both PC and PS4 to see if its what you enjoy then take it from there.
    Otherwise a 1080P gaming PC is very doable and not as expensive as you might think.

Advertisement