Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-02-2020, 18:45   #1
Minime2.5

red wine and comfort eating

I have an issue with the booze. I drink 1 to 2 bottles of wine most nights. I just love coming home after work and cracking open a bottle of wine with a nice pizza or cheese and crackers or white rolls and Italian food . Its both a bad dirty habit but given the levels I have been drinking there's obviously a dependency . I know I cant keep this up, I live alone and don't have much going on in my life so its a kind of crux for me. Apart from the obvious health implications this issue has me stuck in life.Any advice
Advertisement
08-02-2020, 20:14   #2
tdf7187

From your other posts you mention you are late 30s. I was doing the same at your age and became a full-blown alcoholic. One bottle of wine a night either out with friends over a meal or drinking myself at home. Then the one became two a night. Then I started day time drinking on occasion which is something I had never done before.

If you can't stop on your own then try an AA meeting. You have nothing to lose and there is no expectation for newcomers to speak if you're not comfortable doing so. Sounds like you could do with more hobbies also and I think you realise this.

Last edited by tdf7187; 08-02-2020 at 20:37.
16-02-2020, 23:28   #3
Sigma Force

Good advice do try to get to meetings but also begin changing your routine. In the evenings have a class you can go to, get out there instead and occupy your mind, meet with like minded people. Pick a hobby or sport you like or challenge yourself with something you’ve always wanted to do but have been putting off.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion