Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-09-2013, 22:50   #31
Blu_flamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbadger View Post
Leaving Cert done and dusted Moving to Glasgow in the next few weeks to study Physiotherapy.

Pretty nervous but excited about the whole thing to be honest. Just wondering was anyone else heading over? Or does anyone have any info of any sort about the place? What to do, gaa clubs,transport, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated lads
Hello! I'm also moving over to study Neuroscience!
Which university are you going to and have you ever been over?
Advertisement
04-09-2013, 19:54   #32

Threads merged and tidied up.

It'd be nice if you guys keep the thread going with how you're getting on etc., as a few months from now there'll be more just like you debating whether to take the plunge
Thanks from:
10-10-2013, 19:19   #33
Blu_flamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by pow wow View Post
Threads merged and tidied up.

It'd be nice if you guys keep the thread going with how you're getting on etc., as a few months from now there'll be more just like you debating whether to take the plunge
I've been here for almost a month now and it's been absolutely amazing!!
If anyone is thinking about studying here or anywhere in the UK even, I highly recommend it
Thanks from:
19-02-2014, 11:19   #34
NicholaFarrell

Hi,
I got an offer to do Maths teaching in University of Glasgow and University of Strathclyde. I am just wondering which one would be better for education, which university would have the better name/more prestigious, which is more intense, most central to town etc..? I really haven't a clue which one to pick :/
19-02-2014, 11:50   #35
Blu_flamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholaFarrell View Post
Hi,
I got an offer to do Maths teaching in University of Glasgow and University of Strathclyde. I am just wondering which one would be better for education, which university would have the better name/more prestigious, which is more intense, most central to town etc..? I really haven't a clue which one to pick :/
Hey there!
Congrats on your offer!!!
In my opinion, I would have to say that University of Glasgow in the better university in terms of prestige and education. Being 51st in the world top university rankings according to the QS world rankings, there's no doubt that it's at a high standard and therefore can be quite intense.
In relation to proximity to the city centre, both are roughly equidistant. Uni of Glasgow is spread out all around the city though but since you'll be studying maths, your lectures will be by the main campus(which is beautiful btw) so you can get to the city centre in about 6 minutes by subway or even walk there if you don't mind a ~30 minute walk .
If you've got any other questions, feel free to ask!
Advertisement
20-01-2016, 17:58   #36

Hi, we're moving to glasgow from Ireland as my wife got a spot in Stratclyde Uni.
Just wondering for areas to live. I'll be working so we won't be living the student lifestyle so where's good mid-range?
30-03-2018, 00:38   #37
turkeyboy1990

Hi, hope i’m not causing anyone any harm by grave digging!

I’m just a desperate for information at this stage for information on living in Glasgow.
Hoping to do nursing in Glasgow Caledonian but hardly any information of the experience online, which is a pity!

Is Glasgow living costs roughly same as Edinburgh ?
Ho difficult would it to find a job?
Thanks
30-03-2018, 14:25   #38
bob mcbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyboy1990 View Post
Hi, hope i’m not causing anyone any harm by grave digging!

I’m just a desperate for information at this stage for information on living in Glasgow.
Hoping to do nursing in Glasgow Caledonian but hardly any information of the experience online, which is a pity!

Is Glasgow living costs roughly same as Edinburgh ?
Ho difficult would it to find a job?
Thanks
There is a separate Scotland forum where questions on moving to Edinburgh / Glasgow come up quite a lot. It maybe better posting there

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion