Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick FC 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Iang87 wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry too much about tickets, Corks crowd will have no impact on the home crowd. i'd say we'll be outnumbered comfortable tomorrow
    I would guess the away tickets will be limited to what the away stand can hold....like it was for Rovers.

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

osarusan wrote: »
    I would guess the away tickets will be limited to what the away stand can hold....like it was for Rovers.

No?

According to John O Sullivan they have been given 750. 250 in the stand maybe? And then the rest on the opposite side of the club house and around a bit on the hill.

There will be an expression of interest meeting with regards the setting up of a trust. There has been a bit of movement on it so anyone looking for info on where it stands should come.

Date: Tuesday 19th May
    Time: 8pm
    Venue: The Limerick Strand Hotel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

So what you think of the game tonight lads!?

Limerick 0 - 1 Cork.

Back post header from Karl Sheppard midway through the first half was the only goal of the game. Apart from two very good long ranges efforts in the second half, one from Clarke, the other from Duggan, we offered nothing in attack.

Jason Hughes went off with what looked like a bad knock. Sligo and Bray both won. We have 5 points out of a possible 65. We are scoring well under a goal a game. We are now 5 points adrift at the bottom, and definite favourites for relegation.

Next game: away to Longford, Saturday, May 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Tbh ... It's not looking good....

I know Cork are a good team but limerick offered very little!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Not a great game. Cork are a poor footballing side, but effective and we didn't know how to break them down.

Faherty looks very unfit, Clarke battled hard on his own but didn't have enough support. Williams got done badly for the goal.

Apart from that and the one Hughes cleared off the line, they didn't threaten us either.

Fireball07 wrote: »

Apart from that and the one Hughes cleared off the line, they didn't threaten us either.
    Missed an open goal in the second half under pressure from Paudie.

But yeah, they didn't do much, but they didn't have to. Story of our season - relatively level over 90 minutes, but the other team got the goal that we couldn't.

Faherty isn't unfit as much as he's just slow as f**k.

osarusan wrote: »
    Missed an open goal in the second half under pressure from Paudie.

But yeah, they didn't do much, but they didn't have to. Story of our season - relatively level over 90 minutes, but the other team got the goal that we couldn't.

Faherty isn't unfit as much as he's just slow as f**k.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one; that was actually quite funny, shocking miss from O'Sullivan, I think.

To me it looks like he's carrying an injury, he doesn't look comfortable when running at all. Think we're utilising him wrong as well, he's good in the air but not very mobile; surely he should be spearheading the attack. There's really little point in having him picking up scraps behind.

I see the logic, but in a game like today, Faherty should have been put up right on top of Murray/Dennehy to pressure them a little bit and then see if he could get a flick-on for Clarke to run onto. Clarke was on his own too often.

Just a quick reminder that the expression of interest meeting for the Limerick Soccer Trust is taking place this evening in the Limerick Strand Hotel @ 8pm

• Advertisement

Quick update:

The meeting went well on Tuesday night. It was hard to know before it what kind of an interest there would be but gladly we had a good turnout on Tuesday night and even more that could not make it have made contact through other means.

If anyone would like any info on where the trust currently stands or if they would like to be kept up to date about further meetings they can PM me their details or just send a quick e-mail to limerickseniorfootballtrust@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Longford 1-0 Limerick

A goal mid-way through the half was enough to send us to another defeat. We're still winless, haven't kept a clean sheet, and are now 6 points from the team above us.

Next game: Away to Bray in FAI Cup, Friday May 29th

After that we finally return to the Markets field for the visit of Drogheda on Saturday June 5th. Not the way we'd like to be returning there, but lets hope it gives some impetus for the rest of the season.

Quick edit there Osarusan, home to Drogheda and not Cork in the first Markets Field game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

There could be one more home game before the Markets Field reopening. If we draw with Bray on Friday, I've heard the replay will be in Jackman on Monday evening at 6:30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

bray seem to have steadied their ship. I'd be surprised if we're in jackman monday evening

FAI Cup: Bray 3 - 1 Limerick

(Clarke)

Dean Clarke equalised after 15 minutes to cancel out an early Bray goal, but two goals in 4 minutes midway through the second half means Limerick are out in the first round and continue our poor FAI cup form.

Next home game: At the Market's Field, Friday, June 5th versus Drogheda.

Next Friday Limerick finally, finally return to the Market's Field, and we need some kind of momentum going for the rest of the season as we try to avoid relegation. Let's hope it starts against Drogheda. We will be playing on a decent surface and hopefully there will be a bit of posotivity around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Is Summer Street car park (just off the top of William Street) open 24/7? Might leave the car there on Friday evening

Not sure but I had suggested that it would be great if the club sorted some kind of a deal with them. €5 parking for the match or something. Would be pretty close and the safest place to leave your car.

There will be a general meeting for the supporters trust at the Coonagh Sports Grounds (Coonagh United) on June 9th from 8:15pm.

All welcome,

Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jofspring wrote: »
    There will be a general meeting for the supporters trust at the Coonagh Sports Grounds (Coonagh United) on June 9th from 8:15pm.

All welcome,

Thanks.

Will it be the A team or the B team taking over for Limerick? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Ive seen over on Facebook some posts saying that tickets for the match tomorrow can ONLY be bought online, is this true? If so, what happens if you turn up on the day to buy tickets for the match, will you be turned away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

banjobongo wrote: »
    Ive seen over on Facebook some posts saying that tickets for the match tomorrow can ONLY be bought online, is this true? If so, what happens if you turn up on the day to buy tickets for the match, will you be turned away?

Yes, you will be turned away, absolutely no doubt about it. However the trustees of the club are in advanced talks with the city council to show the match on a giant screen in the Garryowen green to cope with the problem.:P

banjobongo wrote: »

I would imagine they will be available on the night but supposedly they are selling very well.

According to 95fm tickets are on sale today in Gleesons Sports Scene from 1

I wont be in town before the match so cant buy the tickets in that shop before the match is on...
    I just checked the Limerick FC website and I dont see any clear messages either about how to buy the ticket online or that you can only attend the match/buy tickets online?
    Where does it say this?

They had it in their news section about buying online. They announced on Facebook that online sales have now stopped as the match is tomorrow. They have advised to buy early if possible to avoid queuing on the day.

Jofspring wrote: »
    They had it in their news section about buying online. They announced on Facebook that online sales have now stopped as the match is tomorrow. They have advised to buy early if possible to avoid queuing on the day.

ok thanks but now Im puzzled, Im guessing different messages, we were told to only buy online, now you cant buy online, so if I want to buy tickets tomorrow can I do so at the Market Fields before kick off tomorrow?
    Limerick FC should state clearly on their website what people should do if they want to go to the match tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You can be 100% certain that they will not be turning away punters at the gate tomorrow night. Turn up a little early in case you need to buy a ticket from a kiosk like you would at a big GAA game.
    Pity it's Drogheda as there should be a good atmosphere that might inspire a big performance, I know Limerick had a result against the in the return fixture but Drogs have been outstanding lately and could seriously spoil the party in a big way.
    Good luck to the lads, I hope to make it myself.

Ya they said on Facebook you can buy on the night. Just to avoid queues they advise to buy early.

The original message about buying online went up about two weeks ago I think. I never saw any mentions anywhere of not being able to buy on the night.

Limerick 1 - 2 Drogheda

(O Conor)

After more than 30 years (and 15 minutes as crowd congestion caused the kick-off to be delayed) Limerick finally returned to the Markets Field tonight. A crowd of more than 2300 were there, but it was the same old story in many ways as Limerick's lack of attacking threat was evident.

Drogheda took the lead from a header at a corner, and lead at half time. A perfect Tracy cross allowed Paul O Conor to crash a header home early in the second half, but Drogheda too the lead again on the break soon after. Limerick couldn't find a way back into the game, although we did have a penalty shout turned down late on.

It was a great event in many ways: great crowd, the players from the final game in 1984 introduced at half time, the president of the country was there...even the weather cleared up for us...but we are still a weak, poor football side. We have two away games in a row coming up - St. Pats and Dundalk. Scary stuff really.

Next home game: versus Bray Wanderers, Sat 4th July, 6.30pm

• Advertisement

Limerick are so frustrating; Drogheda are a poor, poor team but we couldn't even get a single point. The goal we scored was excellent- lovely link-up play, Clarke did really well, absolute perfect ball from Tracy and a bullet header from O'Conor. I thought we could kick on from there, but no.

The goals they are conceding are so soft, the first one was an absolute shambles. O'Donnell is so weak under a high ball and the defence didn't help at all... all just stood there and watched. The second one Williams (who had a good game) charged out of position, missed the header, then Whitehead got rolled too easily and it was easy. Same thing happened not long after but they hit it straight at O'Donnell.

But it's been the same story all season, build-up play is mostly poor but when they did whip the ball in, they caused chances and should have scored another. Looked like a definitely penalty at the end too, Schlingerman took out whoever the Limerick player was (maybe Clarke?). Hanlon was also clearly smashed in the face by Byrne, lots of blood, but refs never give those.

Russell dallies on the ball way too much, you wonder what he offers. Why is the taking set-pieces ahead of Tracy, who showed what he can do with a fine delivery for the goal? Tracy should have done better with the free-kick he did take, hit the target at least. Russell beats a man, then tries to do it again, very weak too. Rainsford mixes the good with the awful; Hanlon tried hard but his touch was off imo. Clarke was very good, main outlet in attack, crowd definitely warmed to him.

But we don't have the quality and we don't play a way to suit the players we do have. Very disappointing though as that was winnable and the chances were there.

Advertisement