Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Funny/C*ap Nicknames you've come across

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Keith Earls, the Munster and Ireland rugby player, is often known as Earlsie.

So original however neither funny witty strange or unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Chicken little. Part of a roof fell on him. He wasnt seriously hurt but yanno the sky is falling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Guy I grew up with was adopted..never knew his exact birth date..so he used share his with his adoptive name...when he was about 12 his birth mother was found and his real b'day discovered.
    Ever since we said he was actually an Apache..
    "Chief Martin Two birthday's"

It was funny when we were 12 anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Once knew an Irish guy in America who's nickname was Biscuits.

But then he got his American citizenship and everyone started calling him Cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

I know of a guy (Eamon) who was nicnamed "Badly"! He got it when he fingered the wrong hole late one night, the lucky lady was heard crying "Stop it, you're Eamon Badly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Worked with a guy everyone called Gimp. Not even The Gimp. :/

Reminds me, I use to babysit this kid when he was around 5/6 and he was telling me about his friend in school and his name was Igor. The little fella kept referring to him as The Igor. I remember trying to explain to him 'you can't call him that, drop the The! It's just Igor!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

You obviously went to a very nice school.

There was another guy called 'The Feeler' because someone once accidentally sat on his hand. There was a female teacher called 'Lurch' because she was very tall (and admittedly bore a slight resemblance to Lurch from the Addams Family). Secondary school was a very unforgiving place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Secondary school was a very unforgiving place.

There were loads of nicknames in my school and nearly every bloke on my road had a nickname that was a unique/exaggeration of them in some way/insult. I can't share them because most of them own the name now and some of them still go by them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

I knew of a lass who was known as Iris the Virus

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Conelan

A girl in secondary school called Kay, was known as Potassium!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Pothole.. Everybody avoided him.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

The rugby player Billy Twelvetrees

Nickname : 36

Genius :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Not so much funny but took me years to realize the nickname Teabag was associated with the surname Lyons

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

One of my sisters knew a guy called "Hoover".

In his teen years, his brother and mother walked in on him attempting to pleasure himself with the vacuum cleaner. Never knew which brand, but always had a funny mental image of it being a "Henry" hoover.

The brother obviously wasn't going to keep that incident quiet and I'd say everyone within a 2km radius of his house knew about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Pat 'Handball' Lally
    D'oh, I only got this now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

internet joke......chilli because his dads name was Con Kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Being in d'army for a few years, I came across a few funny ones.

Hitler, penis (his name was Pat Ennis), Susie (male), Patch (came back after a weekend with a plaster on his head), and many others, too numerous to mention.

I was called Skippy and the Wart Hog. :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

major bill wrote: »
    Not so much funny but took me years to realize the nickname Teabag was associated with the surname Lyons

I know a guy called Teabag because he was shit at rolling joints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

some guy on here called Macker. Used to sign off all his posts with "later Macker"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I once bought parts for a car from a fellow in Westmeath called Pissy. Couldn't understand and still can't to this day figure out why he's called that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Farmer near here called Paddy "Nail"
    They call his son Paddy "Panel Pin"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

There was a player that used to play for Bohemians. His name was Darren Mansaram. He was black. I've heard him called Black Betty.

The reason for this was a chant that was created in his honour. It was that song black betty but they chnged the lyrics from "Woh Black betty bam a lam" to "Woh Black Darren Mansaram"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Mate of mine once had a girl shout at him, Simon break my Hymen.

Not sure if he did, name didnt stick anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Had a friend called Wrong Mouth because everything he'd say would be incorrect.

Worked with a lady who's job involved going out to businesses. She never went out, staying at her desk - she became known as The Olympic Torch.

Stutts - he had a stutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I once bought parts for a car from a fellow in Westmeath called Pissy. Couldn't understand and still can't to this day figure out why he's called that!

It was hardly Pissy Fletcher from Mullingar was it?

Fella of about 30.

I was acquainted with him in college, we knew him as either 'pissy' or 'piss'. No idea where it stemmed from and never had the courage to ask. He was a volatile individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

rgodard80a wrote: »
    One of my sisters knew a guy called "Hoover".

In his teen years, his brother and mother walked in on him attempting to pleasure himself with the vacuum cleaner. Never knew which brand, but always had a funny mental image of it being a "Henry" hoover.

The brother obviously wasn't going to keep that incident quiet and I'd say everyone within a 2km radius of his house knew about it.

Imagine your own mother catching you trying to blow your own arsehole out of it with a hoover. Dirty F*cker.

I had a good laugh at that. I might even try it ater after a few jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Know a guy called Richard who is a welder everyone calls him Dick nuts. Also know a Willie windows..he fits windows....

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Tommy tit was a teacher we had in secondary school in Wexford. He was small in height

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I know a guy who is called 'horse'. He also calls everyone else horse. How'ya horse. It's funny and he's a nice guy. Horse. lol
    I knew one of them too. He called everyone 'Horse' so that became his nickname. The poor lad died in a car crash in his early 30s.

There's also a woman I work with who calls everyone 'Luv' so that's her nickname. Very inventive, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

A friend of our cousin was planning to go to Australia in 2010 for 6 months. He flew over, got home sick and was back after a few weeks. They christened him Boomerang.

Advertisement