Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 uptothetop

300€ worth of clothes? How did she managed to hold on to such weight? its like 1000 pairs of socks or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

uptothetop wrote: »
    300€ worth of clothes? How did she managed to hold on to such weight? its like 1000 pairs of socks or something

I'm sure she could conceal it somewhere on her person. Having the 7 childers was just practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

The 2.5 kids part-time parent phenomenon is only a recent development.
    In a largely urbanised micro-managed society, it has become the socially accepted thing to do.

You're just parroting vacuous, half-baked, uninformed nonsense.

From Census 2016 -
    Decline in family size slows
    The number of families with children increased by 28,455 to 862,721. Looking at larger families, 62,192 families had 4 or more children, 4,352 had 6 or more, while the average number of children per family, which had been declining between 1996 and 2006, remained unchanged at 1.38 children.

https://www.cso.ie/en/csolatestnews/pressreleases/2017pressreleases/pressstatementcensus2016resultsprofile4-householdsandfamilies/

1.38 isn't much more than half of 2.5.

You haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

No its not a picture of us in matchin Pjs for the toy show, "is ours nicest dan theres?" or how many sweets we had to pig out. "Did we have more dan dem?" Its definitely not a picture of how big or beautiful my Xmas tree is, "does it look better bigger and fuller dan deres?" And its certainly not a picture of how many presents my child gets under the tree." Did we get her enough? Did they get more tho?? " Its an innocent picture of a child knowing no different. Enjoying the innocent stories about santy , his reindeers and how magical christmas will be regardless of who has what or How much was spent on dem. Please count your blessings please remember kids less fortunate who may sit beside ur child in school wondering what he done dat was soo naughty dat santy didnt bring him dat iphone or xbox or the mammy watchen your page looking at what your kids got for xmas feeling like she cud of worked longer days, cut back here and dere and done better but now she may simply feel like shes let her kids down!! Some people get things easy in life while others are not sooo lucky!! I hate Facebook This time of year!! But on the other hand look at my 7 beautiful children if i had nothin in the morning only them id be the richest woman in the world ����

Took me a while to figure out who Dan is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

"or the mammy watchen your page looking at what your kids got for xmas feeling like she cud of worked longer days, cut back here and dere and done better"

"Some people get things easy in life while others are not sooo lucky!!"

"But on the other hand look at my 7 beautiful children if i had nothin in the morning only them id be the richest woman in the world"

You heard her, dept. of social welfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"or the mammy watchen your page looking at what your kids got for xmas feeling like she cud of worked longer days, cut back here and dere and done better"

"Some people get things easy in life while others are not sooo lucky!!"

"But on the other hand look at my 7 beautiful children if i had nothin in the morning only them id be the richest woman in the world"

You heard her, dept. of social welfare.

Longer days?? how about ANY days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Even the tinkers who work are involved in spotting for actual full time thieves, had a tinker courier deliver an item earlier today and he wanted to know if there was always someone home so he would not have to reverse down the cul de sac.

Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Longer days?? how about ANY days.

This has all gone a bit mad now

She actually is feeling sorry for working mothers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

She probably knows about the whole part-time parenting thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Who minds the kids when the husband and her are working....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Who minds the kids when the husband and her are working....

The kids tag along on "jobs" and are useful for narrow windows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Paddy o Gorman, on today's Sean o Rourke show, interviewing a lady who was in court for shop lifting, her thoughts on shop lifting were that it's not stealing, it's borrowing, because when you buy something your giving money back to the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Paddy o Gorman, on today's Sean o Rourke show, interviewing a lady who was in court for shop lifting, her thoughts on shop lifting were that it's not stealing, it's borrowing, because when you buy something your giving money back to the government.
    Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

That's the embodiment of "a special kind of stupid".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So when my business was robbed, by a traveller junkie (double whammy for the PC brigade) while I was actually present, that’s no big deal cause when they eventually pay for something that isn't heroin, with my tax, they’re repaying me??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Even going by their warped loan logic, do they seriously believe that every cent spent goes directly to the gubbermint? F*ck mainstream schooling, these people require some seriously basic remedial education. I’d be starting them on colouring books with crayons and those big Lego blocks.

sightband wrote: »
    Even going by their warped loan logic, do they seriously believe that every cent spent goes directly to the gubbermint? F*ck mainstream schooling, these people require some seriously basic remedial education. I’d be starting them on colouring books with crayons and those big Lego blocks.

Too late for that, 5 years with a big sledgehammer and a quarry full of rocks might be a more suitable education.

There is another example of the warped mindset, on the SoR show, from Portlaoise court on the 15th October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Just on a Dublin bus and overheard two women talking. One was talking about how she has 7 brats aged from 16 months to 23 years old but her sister puts Maggie to shame... Her sister has 22 Kids! Feckin Amish

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The sad reality is that half of Travellers are dead before the age of 40. It's hardly something to aspire to.

Sure even the infamous Maragaret Cash knows this, she has a video on her timeline of some guy telling people to talk to someone about thier problems - suicide prevention etc.
    https://www.facebook.com/adamdoyle88/videos/2298828413670440/?t=125

As for the other issues you raise most of them are presented in other disadvantaged areas this is nothing new.
    But travellers do have stronger family units, then the settled community, that is something the settled community have lost in my view.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

there Are NO redeming qualities to this so called "culture"

That sounds like the 'great white man's burden' talk from the 19th century to me.

http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_burden.htm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I... can't even.

Yeah and a nice chunk of money that actually goes to the government goes back to them... for doing nothing. They don't even know what they're moaning about.

But travellers do have stronger family units, then the settled community, that is something the settled community have lost in my view.

Would some of the results of this "stronger family unit" be the control of the girls, by arranging marriages before they can complete an education, which could give them other options in life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Stronger family units ?

Every traveller family is in a violent feud of some sort or another with each other

You should go to a christening or wedding .

Report back,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

She seems to have done a 180 on a few things recently.. There's a recent post from her knocking Sinn Fein supporters too when a couple of months back she was their biggest fan after Mary Lou promised to help her get a home at one of the protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    She seems to have done a 180 on a few things recently.. There's a recent post from her knocking Sinn Fein supporters too when a couple of months back she was their biggest fan after Mary Lou promised to help her get a home at one of the protests.

To be fair, I wouldn't trust Mary Lou to make me a cup of tea.

Aul Mags will throw her support to whoever she feels will best serve her own narrow interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You should go to a christening or wedding .

What is the right implement for each? Can never remember is it a slash hook for a christening or wedding?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

lawred2 wrote: »
    Would i be wrong in assuming she's not playing with a full deck?

she knows where the claim forms are though
    That's what pavee point is for
    Exercising their right to every last cent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement