Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Calisthenics/Outdoor workout group - Herbert Park Dublin

• 22-05-2018 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about starting a calisthenic/Outdoor workout Meetup group in Herbert Park, Dublin 4 to take advantage of the newly installed equipment and long days of summer.

My plan would be to meet up once per week, either early morning (before 7:30am) or have it on the weekend.

I am a beginner to calisthenics but would enjoy starting this with a group of people of any fitness level/calisthenic experience who would like to train weekly and help each other out and have a bit of fun!

Have been looking around the place for outdoor spots and have found Herbert Park to be the best so far! They have Pull Up Bars, Dip stations, Shoulder press, Chest press machines, Leg raise stations and sit up bench.

I remember a user had a similar group set up on here a few years ago (think it was called Paddy's bars).

I have no interest in running this as a business. It would be entirely free, open to all levels, and purely for fun!:)

Before I look at setting up the first Meetup, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in doing this Meetup or have any ideas on what could be added to the Meetup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Sounds great!
    I am interested for sure, live and work local to Herbert Park.
    PM me if you're putting something together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking about starting a calisthenic/Outdoor workout Meetup group in Herbert Park, Dublin 4 to take advantage of the newly installed equipment and long days of summer.

My plan would be to meet up once per week, either early morning (before 7:30am) or have it on the weekend.

I am a beginner to calisthenics but would enjoy starting this with a group of people of any fitness level/calisthenic experience who would like to train weekly and help each other out and have a bit of fun!

Have been looking around the place for outdoor spots and have found Herbert Park to be the best so far! They have Pull Up Bars, Dip stations, Shoulder press, Chest press machines, Leg raise stations and sit up bench.

I remember a user had a similar group set up on here a few years ago (think it was called Paddy's bars).

I have no interest in running this as a business. It would be entirely free, open to all levels, and purely for fun!:)

Before I look at setting up the first Meetup, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in doing this Meetup or have any ideas on what could be added to the Meetup?

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to see if there would be any interest in a few of us meeting up one morning per week for an early morning workout group.

I was reading about the November project workout group over the weekend and like the idea of an outdoor workout group in Dublin.

My thinking at the moment is to kick something off in May at either Sandymount Strand or Herbert park to take advantage of the outdoor workout stations.

I am thinking of doing it on a weekday, possibly Friday, from 06:15-07:00am?

Would anyone be interested in something like this?

Advertisement