Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

So has he gotten an agent yet ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Foxhound38 wrote: »

Cardboard Gangsters is a decent film though in fairness.

Only on Netflix with the subtitles on, when it becomes a comedy.

Try it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

we despise in others what we despise in ourselves. like loose girls who call other girls sluts etc. john throws the scum term at others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

AllForIt wrote: »
    I live in the center of a town with a population of 12k inducing the wider area. In past months the newspapers have been reporting about all the thieving that's been ongoing on in the town. There was a public meeting where the guards announced there were ramping up police numbers on the street and I've noticed a lot of premises are sticking up signs on their front that saying they have a right to refuse admission and that the shop is under police surveillance.

The newspapers don't say but it's clear the majority of this thieving is done by travellers. Every day they hang around the town , you can't go out to the shops without seeing them somewhere. Just the other day in Mr Price there were 2 teenager travellers arguing with the duty manager and one of them with a raised voice saying "...this isn't yoouur shop". So they do understand the concept of employment.

Last week I was casually walking down the high-street when someone hit me in the arm as I passed them taking me by complete surprised. I turned around to see the usual all female traveller trio waking speedily away - so fast I hadn't a chance to give her a mouthfull. Only a few days later the same woman was in Dealz as I was leaving and stood in the doorway blocking it as I stood behind her. I couldn't help but barge through her nudging her out of the way. Gottcha.
    I don't forget.

I was telling this to my sis who recently bought a house in the outskirs of the town. I was telling her about this and she reported seeing a male traveller with 2 kids harassing and intimidating a very small Vietnamese man with a severe limp, must be some kind of refugee, where they were calling him a wonka something or other. Thankfully some other passers by saw this and told him of eff-off. He was with his own kids like - training them up I suppose.

This town has grown a lot over the last dozen years and a lot of new estates have popped up. My sis who looks after disabled kids knows the town like the back of her hand. She has to drive around to all the estates to pick them up and in doing so she knows where the housed travellers live and used this knowledge to great advantage in buying her own place . She says you just have to note all the junk thrown out in their front lawns to know what kind of ppl they are. What a sorry state of affairs that when one is buying a house one has to take into consideration whether there are any travellers in the area.

I find all of this really depressing and I can't believe it has been allowed to happen whatever the complex reasons for it are. They bring down the whole tone of the area and it's no wonder ppl can't stand them. I wish they would all just disappear.

On the contrary - it is vitally important that one puts in the work to ensure they are not buying something near travellers.
    You will spend most of your life paying for the house, why would you pay a fortune for something that has travellers near it essentially making your life miserable and being on edge watching out for them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Suppose it takes a scum bag to know a scum bag as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I'm surprised Boards allows hate-speech like this.

Actually, I'm not at all - as long as it travellers it's fine apparently.

It's ok once it's travellers, RCs or Unionists. However, I have to be honest and say that I have no time for the individual being discussed in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭facehugger99

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If Michael O'Leary of Ryanair or some other famous non-traveller person called the Gardaí "SCUM" on telly, do you think the media would be staying as quiet about this as they seem to be about Mr. Connors calling the Gardaí "SCUM"?

They would in their hole.

So, I'm presuming you don't buy or read any of the Sunday newspapers?

Front page headlines on a number of them so just by looking at them in the shops you would be able to tell how incorrect you are.

Still, never let the facts get in the way of a good rant I say.

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If Michael O'Leary of Ryanair or some other famous non-traveller person called the Gardaí "SCUM" on telly, do you think the media would be staying as quiet about this as they seem to be about Mr. Connors calling the Gardaí "SCUM"?

They would in their hole.

You got that right but both left wing politicians and media types will never go to town on an official minority.

Rampant mysogony within the traveller community is completely ignored by the same preachy Irish times types who have a piece on patriarchy or "toxic masculinity" every other day.

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

So, I'm presuming you don't buy or read any of the Sunday newspapers?

Front page headlines on a number of them so just by looking at them in the shops you would be able to tell how incorrect you are.

Still, never let the facts get in the way of a good rant I say.

That's reporting, no columnist has as yet wrote a piece but I'm confident Jennifer o connell or una mullaly will deliver any time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Did Connors say all the Guards are scum or just the ones involved in a certain action out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

FTA69 wrote: »
    Did Connors say all the Guards are scum or just the ones involved in a certain action out of curiosity?

All

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

All

And RTE let that go unchallenged?
    FFS!
    If somebody said all Travellers were scum they would be prosecuted ! But he gets to mouth off and it goes unchallenged!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I remember Pat Kenny calling people reviewing his presenting style in a negative light as "scum" live on air so RTE have form in this regard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Lads, calm down. He simply meant that all Gardaí are Serious Conscientious Uber Men.

All

I mean, he's denying that on Twitter. I didn't see the show by the way on account of the fact I live in England and even if I didn't I f*cking hate Tubridy.

What did Connors say exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I'm not sure if there are any clips around, only these quotes posted on joe.ie, who knows if they're accurate.

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/john-connors-described-gardai-scum-late-late-show-640699
    Before labeling the Gardaí involved as "scum", he claimed that they were assisting ex-loyalist paramilitaries, saying: "What happened at North Fredericks Street with the guards, aiding and helping these ex-loyalist paramilitaries was a low-blow I think."

Tubridy sharply interrupted by saying: "We don't know that they were that, so we need to hold back."

Connors replied: "Either way they were scum. I think they were scum, and so were the guards that were involved. I think it's a new low."

He offered a silver lining to the incident that took place during the week, saying: "A bunch of people got together and protested, and every day that group is getting bigger."

dav3 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there are any clips around, only these quotes posted on joe.ie, who knows if they're accurate.

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/john-connors-described-gardai-scum-late-late-show-640699

Ok so he said the Guards helping in evictions were scum? He didn't come out and say "all cops are bastards" or whatever. Whether you agree or disagree with both, they're two different statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Ok so he said the Guards helping in evictions were scum? He didn't come out and say "all cops are bastards" or whatever. Whether you agree or disagree with both, they're two different statements.

So just the Gardai doing their jobs and upholding a court order are scum?

I hope people have done a few stretches before bending over backwards to defend this...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,948 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Doing your job means your a scumbag apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

So just the Gardai doing their jobs and upholding a court order are scum?

I hope people have done a few stretches before bending over backwards to defend this...

Doesn't sound like FTA69 is defending him tbf.

They are 2 different statements, both wrong.

But no point exaggerating what he said when what he said was bad enough. He'll use it as a defense now saying people are changing his words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Very average acting ability but lucky to get a part on Love Hate playing a traveller. How hard would that be? Has a bit of notoriety now as everyones favourite traveller. Sooner or later he will come a cropper and the media will turn on him as they did with Al Porter, David Norris etc.
    How many of his media friends will invite into their homes for Christmas dinner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Wheety wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like FTA69 is defending him tbf.

Aye, I'd to edit my original post!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭diggerdigger

mfceiling wrote: »
    guylikeme wrote: »
    Late late show, he didnt exactly cover himself in glory. Referred to Gardai as scum and then critical of those who call him a knacker. The lad-ee doth protest too much methinks.

Disgusted by this tbh.
    Garda are front of line keeping the rule of law and order in our society. To be labelled as "scum" by Connors is a horrible term.
    This week some family will answer the door to a garda who will have to break the news to them that a family member has died in an accident.
    This week at least one member will be attacked trying to keep the peace.
    This week a garda will be spat at or verbally abused.
    This week at least one member will have to perform CPR on someone.
    This week at least one member will be st the scene of a car accident and witness some horrific scene.

What will Connors or his like do this week?

Rob some rural OAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

When the Lidl store in Tallaght was been looted and vandalised by thugs during storm Emma Connors was on Twitter showing empathy with the thugs and referring to Lidl as the robbing c*nts. Most right thinking people would correctly have it the other way around. The guy is pure trash and how he gets any airtime is beyond me.

Squiggle wrote: »
    When the Lidl store in Tallaght was been looted and vandalised by thugs during storm Emma Connors was on Twitter showing empathy with the thugs and referring to Lidl as the robbing c*nts. Most right thinking people would correctly have it the other way around. The guy is pure trash and how he gets any airtime is beyond me.

Emma? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Wheety wrote: »
    Emma? :D

Yep that would be Storm Emma and NOT Emma Connors !! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

You know he had a great chance to do something meaningful and stand as a good representative of the traveling community and try bridge the gap between the public and the community.

But instead he proves to be full of nothing and just rants anti government and Garda nonsense constantly.

Wasted opportunity and hopefully he fades away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Lovely couple, Emma and John. Are they anything to Blackie do you know?

Squiggle wrote: »
    Yep that would be Storm Emma and NOT Emma Connors !! :pac:

:P I read it as Emma Connors

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Omackeral wrote: »
    That’s it, really.

but hes a traveller so you cant say that, its also ok for him to say fcuk on tv...because hes a traveller, basically he can do what he likes, because hes a traveller

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement