Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Visitors gone. Airing the house. Peaceful. Tired but TH.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Black Coffee.

northgirl wrote: »
    Visitors gone. Airing the house. Peaceful. Tired but TH.

Airing out the boiled sprouts is it :pac:
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Skills you are quite adept at. :P

I learnt from the best Tedo :3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Slept in four hours later than I usually do, and really needed that. I had the windows open last night so when I finally woke feeling totally rested, it was to lovely bird song streaming In the window.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching a video of kittens trying to catch ropey things :D.

:3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

to be able to cook etc with the door open. real heat in the sun now

• Advertisement

Working away at the kitchen table and the 3-year-old is helping her 1-year-old brother over at their baby kitchen and she just said 'a ghrá mo chroí' to him while explaining something. hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Graces7 wrote: »
    to be able to cook etc with the door open. real heat in the sun now

Could do with being where you are, it's bucketing down here :eek:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Could do with being where you are, it's bucketing down here :eek:

Yep, here too now but it was a lovely morning.. There will be more.of both! And at least it is warm

Yep, here too now but it was a lovely morning.. There will be more.of both! And at least it is warm

Just wish we could get some sun and some heat that we could actually sit out in. That would make me very TH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just wish we could get some sun and some heat that we could actually sit out in. That would make me very TH :D

Sitting in the sunshine here, but rain expected by 4pm. It just won't settle, so making the most of the decent weather while it's here.

• Advertisement

Actually I have sat out a few times this year and could have today..It will return...

Airing out the boiled sprouts is it :pac:

You bectcha :pac: Candles on the go and all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Candie wrote: »
    We became homeowners yesterday!

And because we bought the house we've been renting, I don't even have to move! :)

Candie I'm delighted for you. May you have many years filled with happiness, laughter, peace and good health in YOUR new home.

Really like this thread, it's nice to focus on the little things that make you happy during the day, plus it's always lovely to see the things that are making other people happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I like the thread too. It spurs me to think of something good every time I think of something bad, to even things out. :D

TH that after 2 years (or is it 3 ?) without it, we finally got the tv working again !

Honestly we didn't miss it that much, but oddly enough, I was anxious lately to get it back for the social aspect : my daughter came back upset from school at times because all her friends could talk about was Strictly or such programs, and she didn't have a clue what they were.
    We're both not at all into that kind of thing, but we've resolved to get into something anyway, so she won't be so "out of touch" socially.
    (she's 12 and nerdy and artistic, not at all into sports, fashion, boy-bands/pop music, and generally what other kids her age like, and her school is so tiny there's no-one else into "her stuff" there)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

The weather today has been amazing. I really hope that the wet and cold weather has turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Rogueish wrote: »
    The weather today has been amazing. I really hope that the wet and cold weather has turned.

edit : oops, wrong thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I met two former neighbours this evening when out walking. We spent ages talking about nothing and everything, it was just that kind of day.

I like the thread too. It spurs me to think of something good every time I think of something bad, to even things out. :D

I find it helps you be more appreciative of the little things too :)

A deeply quiet morning peacens the soul.

Dog walked and slightly crashed and a day ahead to fill and be filled.

Safe house, food, work for hands. what more need we?

• Advertisement

The lads on 96fm put on a skit of Conor Mcgregor ringing Joe Duffy from a prison in New York, fecking brilliant :D.

A half decent weather forecast, a long walk promised and the constant birdsong in the garden right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

so me being a learner driver and still not fully understanding insurance, I thought something was wrong with my policy because I noticed on saturday that last months payment hadn't came out.
    got on to insurance this morning and it turns out that its paid by deposit and split then over 9months.
    I had totally forgotten this.

so now I've last months (high)payment still in the bank, and i'm covered until June with no more payments due.
    absolutely delighted with life atm:cool:

Walking into the field at the back here, not used and with the dwelling,and planning where my potatoes are going to go in..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Took the best part of a week away from technology (with a few dips in and out) and it was extremely refreshing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Walking into the field at the back here, not used and with the dwelling,and planning where my potatoes are going to go in..

Raised beds, Graces7, they're your only man! I'll give it a week to warm up more, then plant mine! Planning my hanging baskets, so many colours to choose.

The lads on 96fm put on a skit of Conor Mcgregor ringing Joe Duffy from a prison in New York, fecking brilliant :D.

Just to add to this, the bus that was damaged came on the line and was beeping in response to Joe's questions and then Conor said I'll fight ya in o2 arena and the bus started beeping mad in response :D like it wanted too :D brilliant sketch that brightened up my monday morning temporarily.

I'm home. SO happy to be here right now.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Raised beds, Graces7, they're your only man! I'll give it a week to warm up more, then plant mine! Planning my hanging baskets, so many colours to choose.

Not a hope. No one to make them and I cannot..I go in for the oldest ways.. No dig etc.. I was pondering this earlier.I have no fencing and the real work is keeping dog and cats off,oh and we have hares here! No rabbits as the ground is too hard/rockbased

So I will just earth in supermarket spuds, cover ( only have a trowel) then a layer of seaweed which is harvested here. THEN a branch of gorse which is in abundance here.

Did this once when I had a tunnel and the mice were digging up pea and bean seed in neat rows and it worked a treat.

Very happy to have thought of that; shows the brain is still working....

• Advertisement

A mystery tour.

Got a call to say Mrs S and I will be collected in the morning. Bring a coat and comfortable shoes.

We'll see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement