Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

rgodard80a wrote: »
    The Irish weren't layabouts in the boom, we had near full employment to the point where lower paid/lower skilled job vacancies were hard to fill.
    You'd think access to the EU labour force would be enough, with loads of Polish (with great work ethic) were coming over, but Fianna Fail decided to let 40,000 Africans in too. Even though we had no treaty/legal requirement to let in so many.

Which part do you dispute?

I'm not disputing anything , if anything I'm enjoying the thread this morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,704 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ok so they can't be jailed because they are underage.

Then we need to find a way to punish parents who can't/won't/don't control their children.

Introduce an ASBO system.

If child recieves an ASBO child benefit is automatically stopped.

If child gets a second ABSO, parent is fined.

If child gets a third ASBO, parent loses all state benefits, welfare, housing benefit etc.

There should be zero tolerance for this ****.

Punishing them financially would only increase the problem and push a further burden on society....with people turning to criminality to support themselves etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Strumms wrote: »
    Punishing them financially would only increase the problem and push a further burden on society....with people turning to criminality to support themselves etc...

So what, we indulge their crap instead? The only thing that changes behaviour is consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

If their benefits are cut expect more criminality and more desperation in their criminality. I still say cut their benefits but have the justice system set up such that if they act out they get absolutely crucified(ie all parents who are criminal and dont give a damn, not just the African ones). And not bibilical crucificant...long jail time

• Registered Users Posts: 24,704 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So what, we indulge their crap instead? The only thing that changes behaviour is consequences.

Jail them, an appropriate penalty and an obvious deterrent to others. Taking away their liberty as opposed to a bit of cash is the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Jailing them costs money.

We should have all immigrants sign a declaration that X amount of criminal offenses will immediately deport them without appeal.
    But for serious offences, that means jail time first, then immediate deportation, to avoid "criminal tourists" eg. Roma shoplifters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

We should have all immigrants sign a declaration that X amount of criminal offenses will immediately deport them without appeal.
    But for serious offences, that means jail time first, then immediate deportation, to avoid "criminal tourists" eg. Roma shoplifters.
    I'm not defending them by a long shot, but there's a good chance a lot of them were born here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,206 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Unfortunately the ones causing trouble are probably born here so you can't deport Irish citizens.

The Brits have been trying for decades to sort out the same problem and it's only gotten worse over there so i think we are in for more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Unfortunately the ones causing trouble are probably born here so you can't deport Irish citizens.

The Brits have been trying for decades to sort out the same problem and it's only gotten worse over there so i think we are in for more of the same.

Yep, the rampant knife crime in East London started off in the same way that ours is currently looking in North Co. Dublin.

I'm sure back then you had people casually scoffing at saying it'd all work out in the end like you do with a lot of Irish do-gooders.

If the Gardai don't do something soon, by the book or not by the book, this will spiral out of control and become the norm. We can see the crimes are starting to escalate now too.

Soon mere assault will become boring for them. What then? Gang initiation murders of innocent bystanders like you see in the States and London?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Then we need to find a way to punish parents who can't/won't/don't control their children.

If child gets a third ASBO, parent loses all state benefits, welfare, housing benefit etc.

Or just deport them. Problem solved forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Was the kid who got attacked in Ashbourne really random target or was it something specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

arleitiss wrote: »
    Was the kid who got attacked in Ashbourne really random target or was it something specific?

The kid that got beat up was a friend of my niece. They did randomly attacked him, and when he tried to run that was when things escalated dragging up to the parking lot.

Curious, attack happened so close to a Gardai station, and they only sent out two to confront a feral group of 40 youths?? The arrested girl, friend of victim, was giving out that the Gardai didn't do much.

I am honestly getting Fed up of all these violent youth gangs running amok, and the ****ing laws protect them because they are "underage". Should be changed to have anyone past 12 to be tried the same as an adult. These groups are fully aware they are 'untouchable' because of how lenient the law is towards them, and said laws being harsh on people that did anything towards them.

****ing joke. Bring back police with batons knocking them senseless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

BeerWolf wrote: »
    The kid that got beat up was a friend of my niece. They did randomly attacked him, and when he tried to run that was when things escalated dragging up to the parking lot.

Curious, attack happened so close to a Gardai station, and they only sent out two to confront a feral group of 40 youths?? The arrested girl, friend of victim, was giving out that the Gardai didn't do much.

I am honestly getting Fed up of all these violent youth gangs running amok, and the ****ing laws protect them because they are "underage". Should be changed to have anyone past 12 to be tried the same as an adult. These groups are fully aware they are 'untouchable' because of how lenient the law is towards them, and said laws being harsh on people that did anything towards them.

****ing joke. Bring back police with batons knocking them senseless.

Pieces of ****.
    Ireland needs to stop being so ****ing politically correct and just straight on answer violence with violence irregardless of suspects age or background.

Courts dont ****ing work on these teenage scumbags and if Gardai were to beat the **** out of them - they would get a massive public backlash from those PC advocates: "But they are just kids, leave them be".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

arleitiss wrote: »
    Pieces of ****.
    Ireland needs to stop being so ****ing politically correct and just straight on answer violence with violence irregardless of suspects age or background.

Courts dont ****ing work on these teenage scumbags and if Gardai were to beat the **** out of them - they would get a massive public backlash from those PC advocates: "But they are just kids, leave them be".

Those speaking out against actions are typically those that NEVER have to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

And what are the consequences of using violence to change a person's behaviour in your opinion.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Dannyriver wrote: »
    And what are the consequences of using violence to change a person's behaviour in your opinion.?

Success.

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Success.

The same way it has worked for the kids of parents who beat up their kids in order to have well adjusted children ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aversion_therapy

It's theraputic

Fair enough , but i thought we were discussing anti social behaviour not how to give up fags.

Fair enough , but i thought we were discussing anti social behaviour not how to give up fags.

Acting the maggot causes pain, the scummer associates being a scummer causes pain. Decides not to act the maggot anymore. Success

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Worked up the north for the most part during the troubled.

Punishment beating and most of the time the person never did it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

https://twitter.com/Holbornlolz/status/1104637051465535490?s=19

I like the coppers approach here, more of this please.

Im guessing the man in the dress was mean to someone on Twitter.

Worked up the north for the most part during the troubled.

Punishment beating and most of the time the person never did it again.

Sure why not have a totalitarian state altogether giving police the power to beat people up without trial. Now I wonder what the cons of that one would be?

Sure why not have a totalitarian state altogether giving police the power to beat people up without trial. Now I wonder what the cons of that one would be?

Perhaps a few verses of Kumbaya might work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,594 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think the point is that these people have no fear of our current police force or justice system, so insisting on longer sentences etc is pointless as they often get worse inside prison.

Now, while I wouldn't advocate for a police state, there has to be some sort of middle ground that's effective. But for that to happen, the "think of the poor disadvantaged and discriminated children" types would have to accept the above first.

Because this is unlikely to happen anytime soon however, it's not surprising that those on the ground (especially those most affected by these scum) would suggest more "direct methods" in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭conorhal

Uh... They already exist. There has been an ability to appy an ASBO against an offender since 2007. And yes, penalties for breaching and ASBO already apply, from 6 months in jail to a 3k fine.

As usual with everything in this country though, passing legislation is considered 'job done'.
    Enforcement? Are ya havin' a laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

But, but, we are different though.
    The liberal elites in Government believe that we will get it right when every other country, with much more resources than us, have failed spectacularly.

We'll pay the new Irish more welfare money than they would get in other European countries.
    We'll give them some of the new social houses currently being built that tax payers are paying billions for.
    We'll be extremely lenient when they commit crimes, as they would have a difficult time in prison because they are different.
    It's a wacky country we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Bottler gone mad in Ballymun by the sounds of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Bottled gone mad in Ballymun by the sounds of it

Was that him that got nicked yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Can't be all bad, is there not a nice pleasent holiday camp around this area, Mosney or something?

Can anyone recommend it for a summer visit next year for a game of frisbee, blowing bubbles, bright candyfloss and inflatable unicorns?
    Ah yes, Mosney. I was there as a kid, when the Community Games Finals used to held there (I was a fair sprinter back in the day). Nice chalets, swimming pool etc..
    But then one day, somebody realised there was more money to be made by running the place as a DP centre. Just like the numerous hotels in small towns have done in more recent times. The only tourist hotel in Wicklow town, the only hotel in Roosky, the only hotel in Moville... etc. etc.)

Of course, back then nobody thought to burn Mosney down, otherwise a lot of the current and future problems could have been averted.

So now we have this line of anarchy roughly corresponding with the railway between Dublin and Mosney, which includes Balbriggan and Drogheda, and of course the numerous robberies and phone snatchings around Clontarf by "people from outside the area".
    In another 100 years time their descendants will probably erect an interpretive centre at Mosney, as the place where the first colony was founded.
    Like the first landing of the Mayflower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement