Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Funny/C*ap Nicknames you've come across

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Brick Walshs older brother paul is known as Block

there used to be a fella around waterford city years ago called jimmy giant hands

Evil kelly . nice fella just looked like a dangerous bastard

Big Mick 7 foot tall 2 and a half foot wide has his own gravity

Little big mick , normal size except where it matters if you know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 37 foxes

I know of three brothers known as Tractor, Trailer and Bailer - self explanatory, Also a guy known as Buckets of Water - because he walked like he was carrying buckets of water, a girl named Helen called hell on earth - also self explanatory

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My parents had a friend in the 70s called N**ger Doyle, because he was a bit suntanned. Different world back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Plank because the lad was as thick as fcuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

So original however neither funny witty strange or unusual.

C*ap then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,830 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A colleague of mine had a friend called Joanna, she called her "Gimme Hope"

Life ain't always empty.

Splinter cas he had a set of teeth that would chomp through cement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A fella in North Cork is called Chilli.

His name is Con Kearney.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I used to work as a civil engineer in England and there was a labourer guy I hadnt seen. He was referred to as "Landmine" by the gangerman on the day work chits.
    I took it that it was slight against the nationality of the dude until one day a silhouette of an ungainly rake started walking towards us from a distance, as he got closer his ripped clothes, filthy face and utter dishevelment became apparent and he was shouting in a jerky inaudible English.

What's fecking this coming towards us Joe?

"That's Landmine. He always looks like he's just stepped on a landmine. Great grafter though"

The lad as it turned out was from Spiddal. And he was a pure grafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Friend of mine earned the nickname Slippers when he was 13 because he was seen wearing a pair of slippers. Decades later it's still all he's known as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

A fella i worked with was called cabbage and he had a little brother named sprout.
    Another fella was called nxgger because he had a bit tan, everyone called him that and no one batted an eyelid, different times then. A fella in my school was called Big Foot because he had small feet, another lad was called Floppy cos he was with a bird and couldnt get it up... Two brothers that worked for my dad were called itchy and scratchy cos they never washed themselves. Another fella was called Onslow after the slob in keeping up a appearance programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A lad in school was christened casúr because someone decided his head was shaped like a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

One lad called Michael who was a real know it all and he had a big nose so his nickname was Micky Knows.

Another mate bit slow upstairs but built like a block wall so we called him The Cavity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

my father used to work with a guy called casper. he could be right beside you and then instantly vanish into thin air .

i was on a site a few years back and the forman was called peeping tom. you would often see him hiding behind stuff and peeping out from behind it to make sure his guys were working .

Two of my flatmates contracted crabs when we all lived together in college. They had to tell everyone else in the house, in case it had spread. To this day, the two of them are called Itchy and Scratchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Knew a kid called Study because one day he said he had to go in to study. One comment - tagged for the rest of his childhood.

There was a teacher in the school I went to known as Indicator because he had a facial tic.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Lad in school was called Turbo.

He was a heavy set kid and couldn't run very fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Square Head. For obvious reasons.

Once knew a guy nicknamed Magic because he was always off his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Being in d'army for a few years, I came across a few funny ones.

Hitler, penis (his name was Pat Ennis), Susie (male), Patch (came back after a weekend with a plaster on his head), and many others, too numerous to mention.

I was called Skippy and the Wart Hog. :rolleyes: :D
    I was in the same Arm of service as you, so. The Naas Road Flying Club ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Wagon Wheel.

This was back when a Wagon Wheel was the crème de la crème of lunchtime snacks, not a dodgy country song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

A perpetual moaner was known as King Tut. Another was known as The Moving Crib. A bad acne case was known as Pizza Face. A guy with a tic was known as 40 Blinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Lad in school was called Turbo.

He was a heavy set kid and couldn't run very fast...

there was a labourer on our site called that too for the same reasons

Just remembered an old colleague I had called "The Hamster". He used to eat in his cubicle, and had an unfortunate way of eating, which involved stuffing as much of his lunch into his mouth as would fit, and chewing it so that his cheeks puffed up.

My brother Rory is called Ropey at home, because he's long and lanky. He was a horny bastard before he got married, so was called Rapey by his mates. No such thing as PC in rural Ireland.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

A teacher in my school wore glasses and the lens were shaped a little bit like a 50p piece..

So he was nicknamed Quid.

Girl in the school who was big and heavy was cruelly called Man-Wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Schwanz wrote: »
    Girl in the school who was big and heavy was cruelly called Man-Wolf.

Girl in school who was as skinny as a lat, her nickname was Titless.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Woodwork teacher in school was called Popeye, after his glass eye fell out in class one day. Bounced all the way down the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

"Killer" His mother died giving birth to him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

my father used to work with a guy called casper. he could be right beside you and then instantly vanish into thin air .

i was on a site a few years back and the forman was called peeping tom. you would often see him hiding behind stuff and peeping out from behind it to make sure his guys were working .
    I also know a casper. Mid 30's now, got his nick at age 7 for wearing a casper the ghost tracksui

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

My dad was born in the late 50's. Growing up, a friend in his circle has pronounced lips like an African person.
    The group (and even some teachers in school) called him "Nigger Murphy" as a nickname. Imagine calling someone that now!

Advertisement