Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Switch sold out everywhere?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Ah they have the full range now

Surprised to see they also have the Animal Crossing console in stock!

My order from last night shipped today with An Post so that’s a quick turnaround too which I wasn’t expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Switchmas in May :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭tdow

With the switches shopping, where is the best place to get games at the moment?

The PRICE8 code at currys eBay shop doesn't seem to be working any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

tdow wrote: »
    With the switches shopping, where is the best place to get games at the moment?

The PRICE8 code at currys eBay shop doesn't seem to be working any longer

To use the code you have to register a new account on ebay.co.uk and use a uk shipping address. You can use it twice and still works for another few days

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭tdow

spix wrote: »
    To use the code you have to register a new account on ebay.co.uk and use a uk shipping address. You can use it twice and still works for another few days

Thank you.

Was able to pick up a couple of games with the code after setting up a new account

• Advertisement

GameStop switch arrived this morning after ordering Tuesday night. Just in time for a birthday tomorrow so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

GameStop switch arrived this morning after ordering Tuesday night. Just in time for a birthday tomorrow so happy days!

Pity their game prices are so high so will have the console before any games. For example can save 35 euro getting zelda and mario kart on currys uk ebay store instead. The pro controller is only 55 vs 80 at gamestop. My games from there were sent yesterday due for delivery 23rd, all in 1 parcel so just a single parcel motel fee.

Pity their game prices are so high so will have the console before any games. For example can save 35 euro getting zelda and mario kart on currys uk ebay store instead. The pro controller is only 55 vs 80 at gamestop. My games from there were sent yesterday due for delivery 23rd, all in 1 parcel so just a single parcel motel fee.

Same here - got the switch from them but click and collecting games from Curry’s physical store today because of the price hike GS seem to have. Saving €25 on the Crash and Spyro trilogies and would’ve been more if I had the time to go through eBay. Ridiculous from GameStop - probably selling a lot of switches and no add ons!

Also a bit surprised they charged a €3.50 delivery fee on a €330 purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

There is always this option over the pro controller https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32850861099.html I've ordered mine but they have yet to arrive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was surprised how expensive the games were on the nintendo estore. I was looking for zelda and pokemon. I might try this out

edit: ordered now, they had a 5% off offer on pokemon which stacked with the PRICE8 code so that's on the way now. 39 euro vs something mental like 70+ on the nintendo shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Available for pre-order on Smyth's, expected in stock 15th of June.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Available for pre-order on Smyth's, expected in stock 15th of June.

Thanks for the update, ordered one for the daughter- her junior cert results were so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

Are the chances of finding one on Symths/Argos website better earlier in the morning, or can they go up at any time of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Switch on Smyths site now to preorder due in next week

Pre-orders stopped last night as far as I know. I doubt Smyths will take anymore until the stock arrives, that's what happened last time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

You can still preorder for collection in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

On a whim on Friday morning I had a goo on the Argos website and was able to reserve one in Naas for collection on Saturday. Didn’t believe I would actually be able to collect but there it was when I went in. Also comes with a free case as their current special offer.

Not sure if they’re just coming in in dribs and drabs to other stores, but I thought I’d mention it here in case it’s maybe just worth keeping an eye on each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

In stock on Amazon UK as of 8pm this evening if anyone’s on the hunt (Amazon Direct £299)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-10002200-Switch-Grey/dp/B07W6HNZNW/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=nintendo+switch&qid=1591729739&sr=8-6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue / Neon Red Joy-Con Controllers is available to pre-order on the Nintendo UK Store for £279.99. Due to dispatch on 16th June.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-neon-red-joy-con-controllers/12245286.html

There's also a few bundles available, but there's no savings in buying them.

Edit: I had a look just now and they're all gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Teena20

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue / Neon Red Joy-Con Controllers is available to pre-order on the Nintendo UK Store for £279.99. Due to dispatch on 16th June.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-neon-red-joy-con-controllers/12245286.html

There's also a few bundles available, but there's no savings in buying them.

Edit: I had a look just now and they're all gone.

Got one today click and collect (the one you quote above ) in Smyths In Blanch... few others have them in stock too but seem to be selling fast

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ordered for Click and Collect in Smyths Maylor Street Cork on 4/06 and collected today.

Nintendo Switch Console - Neon with improved battery is available to buy or pre-order in Argos. If they don’t have it in stock, you should be able to collect it in the next couple of days.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2077921/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CNintendo+Switch%7C50000328/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000328%7CNintendo+Switch+consoles%7C50000329.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just picked up one in Smyth's kinsale road on click and collect. 14 in stock when I checked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone know any bricks and mortar I can get a lite? Son broke his and need one quick....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

smokingman wrote:
    Anyone know any bricks and mortar I can get a lite? Son broke his and need one quick....

Currys. The site is showing 'collect from store' is available

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Donutz

Does anybody know if the 2ds and 3ds are discontinued? Thought I'd pick one up for my daughter but doesn't seem to be any stock in bricks and mortar shops. Smyths dont even have them on their website anymore.

Donutz wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the 2ds and 3ds are discontinued? Thought I'd pick one up for my daughter but doesn't seem to be any stock in bricks and mortar shops. Smyths dont even have them on their website anymore.

3DS will be very expensive now ...

Try amazon uk, it, es, fr, de for a 2DS XL. Or Argos ?

They are probably in short supply due to them being end of line and also the pandemic.
    Also expensive now probably.

Checking - yep - expensive ... nearing Switch Lite territory for 2DS XL. Crazy.

There is CEX. I see 2DS for < 100 quid second hand.

Checking 'cause I'm bored in work ...

Amazon Spain have a new pink 2 DS with Tomodachi Life for 107 euro + delivery.
    https://www.amazon.es/Nintendo-2DS-Consola-Tomodachi-Preinstalado/dp/B00O57WHPA/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=nintendo+ds2&qid=1593519056&sr=8-3
    Good price and a great game. My daughter loves that game.

I posted links in the run-up to Christmas for the 2DS XL. Smyths were selling them for €110 with a digital copy of Mario Kart 7. I was tempted to buy one myself, but I remember saying had it been €99.99, I would have bought it, it was that mental barrier with the price. I kind of wish I had bought one now. I'm sure things will settle down again in a few months, though that might have been as good as it gets.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    I posted links in the run-up to Christmas for the 2DS XL. Smyths were selling them for €110 with a digital copy of Mario Kart 7. I was tempted to buy one myself, but I remember saying had it been €99.99, I would have bought it, it was that mental barrier with the price. I kind of wish I had bought one now. I'm sure things will settle down again in a few months, though that might have been as good as it gets.

Ah, it would drive you crazy if you let it.

I see CEX selling the unboxed Pikachu 2DS XL for 35 quid less than the boxed one.

I have some duplicate Nintendo hardware that I fell for or "as a backup". I think the "as a backup" option is good for the hard to emulate stuff like the Wii U or xDS line ( with dual screens and novel controllers ).

I've decided I'm not going to become a collector. :)

Advertisement