Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEN / All Consoles / PS+ - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs- See OP

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Egofirebird

When I turned on my PS4 today I got a message saying I need to download a system update on a usb then put it in to the PlayStation I rang Sony they told me what to do and I done it and it didn't work I rang again and they said I needed to format the usb first, I done that It didn't work and my ps4 won't turn on I just get that message every time did anyone else ever have this problem?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

When I turned on my PS4 today I got a message saying I need to download a system update on a usb then put it in to the PlayStation I rang Sony they told me what to do and I done it and it didn't work I rang again and they said I needed to format the usb first, I done that It didn't work and my ps4 won't turn on I just get that message every time did anyone else ever have this problem?

Did you followthe steps exactly as described here?
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation

Yes I did everything except turning my ps4 on in safe mode because it won't turn on in safe mode it won't beep a second time and I held it for about 20 seconds.

I just rang Sony again and they told me my ps4 had to be sent away, it broke for no reason I already had the latest update installed the other day but I got the message when I turned it on yesterday, now it has to be sent away for atleast 10 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Hello all.

Hope you can shed some light on getting my PS4 sorted.

It was purchased new about 2 weeks ago from Gamestop. It's my first console after a break from years of PC and even Mac gaming. I just really wanted to play Fallout 4.

It had been working fine until last Monday, I was away and my OH said it wouldn't power on. I came back the next day and it wasn't powering on. Unplugged everything as per some guides. Blue light came on, then died again. I'm plugged straight into the mains, no extensions and directly into the HDMI of the TV.

Rang Sony, went through some in's and out's, and they said to bring it back to the shop.

Brought it in to Gamestop yesterday, where they took it to test it and it worked no problem in their testing room. Came back home, plugged it in, played 20 minutes of Fallout when the screen turned briefly to pink static and it died. Again, blue light came back for a second, and died again.

Brought it back to Gamestop today, staff were really friendly, and are leaving it on for the day. And so far the issue hasn't occurred.... It's been there since before 12 today.

So where does that leave me? They won't replace without the fault happening in front of them, but it's just not working for me at home. I'm not keen on being left with a 400 quid paperweight, along with Playstation Plus for the year. Sony don't want to handle it, and my contract is with Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with their PS4 randomly trying to eject discs even when on standby. Problem seems to be getting worse. I've researched all the usual trouble shooting even opened it up and scratched away some of the plating of the release button to lessen its sensitivity but to no avail. It's out of warranty and sony quoted me £150 to return it for repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

I have an issue today where I am being told my PS4 needs to be activated as my Primary PS4 for my account. Then it wont let me and says another PS4 is my primary one and when I go online to try and deactivate all devices it wont let me do that as it says I've done it already recently (I have not). Playstation support are extremely hard to get hold of. Anyone else had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Qs wrote: »
    I have an issue today where I am being told my PS4 needs to be activated as my Primary PS4 for my account. Then it wont let me and says another PS4 is my primary one and when I go online to try and deactivate all devices it wont let me do that as it says I've done it already recently (I have not). Playstation support are extremely hard to get hold of. Anyone else had this issue?

Exact thing happened to me. Means you're hacked and you need to ring playstation support. Then depending on the person you get the conversation will either go round in circles and nothing will be achieved or the person will fix the problem and reset you as the primary account holder again in seconds. Happy lottery!

They also say the resetting is a once off thing and they wont do it again so just pray you never get hacked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Qs wrote: »

Did you try this ?

" Deactivate PS4 Online "

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/Deactivate-PS4-Online/td-p/42534135

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Folks does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that sells parts for PS4. Recently cot the blue(click noise) of death and Id rather buy it physically than ordering online. I tried the washer trick but sadly it didn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

hi, santa brought a ps4 to the 3 boys,they got ufc2 and fifa 17... they had a ps3 so they carried over their usernames etc.. for some reason they can play fifa17 online no prob but not ufc game, it says that due to age restrictions its not allowed,, I changed the setting that allows them play/view 18s games but it still wont allow them play it.. I contacted ps support but they never got back to me

anyone advise me on what to do ..im stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

hawkelady wrote: »
    hi, santa brought a ps4 to the 3 boys,they got ufc2 and fifa 17... they had a ps3 so they carried over their usernames etc.. for some reason they can play fifa17 online no prob but not ufc game, it says that due to age restrictions its not allowed,, I changed the setting that allows them play/view 18s games but it still wont allow them play it.. I contacted ps support but they never got back to me

anyone advise me on what to do ..im stuck

Get them a new account, set them up an over 18 account..

You obviously have a sub account for them which has to be graduated to a proper adult account when they turn 18, EA are particularly strict on it...

I had the same with my lad on his vita, in the end I had to just set him up a brand new account...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

anyone advise me on what to do ..im stuck[/quote]

Get them a new account, set them up an over 18 account..

You obviously have a sub account for them which has to be graduated to a proper adult account when they turn 18, EA are particularly strict on it...

I had the same with my lad on his vita, in the end I had to just set him up a brand new account...[/quote]

I set up an account for me and I still couldn't play the game online .. I rang ps help desk and they couldn't figure it out either, I was told to email them screenshots of what I'm seeing on the screen .. I did that but haven't heard from them since. It was a game that was downloaded from the play store. Would I be within my rights to ask for a refund if it happens that my young lads won't be able to play it online ??

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

Has anyone here experienced problems with the HD cable or settings. We have a Ps4 here which turns on as normal but after ten seconds or so we lose picture but the sound remains. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MikeD22 wrote: »
    Has anyone here experienced problems with the HD cable or settings. We have a Ps4 here which turns on as normal but after ten seconds or so we lose picture but the sound remains. Any ideas?

Sounds like a handshake issue between the TV and PlayStation, or it could be a dodgy cable...

Check the HDMI CEC settings in the PlayStation and try enabling and disabling and see if it gets you anywhere...

Anyone have any issues with 2-step this morning?
    Code not coming through.

See attached image, if I click the message it just gives message details.

Have tweeted their "Ask" account.
    Just wondering if it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Heffoman

After the last update my PlayStation is suddenly not recognising any of my discs.
    I ve tried a few tricks from YouTube with no success. Has anyone encountered this and solved it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

Hi guys, got a ps4 recently. Going mad. All my downloads are taking 99 plus hours to download. I’ve only one game loading at the moment and it’s still calculating. It’s not even downloading. It’s been an hour and it’s still calculating . Very annoyed. Internet is with SKY. It’s very fast otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nerohome

Hi everyone,

I'm not receiving any verification codes to my phone number.
    I'm on Vodafone.

I tried removing and re-adding the phone number, still no luck.

Did anyone else have this issue before?

nerohome wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm not receiving any verification codes to my phone number.
    I'm on Vodafone.

I tried removing and re-adding the phone number, still no luck.

Did anyone else have this issue before?

Happened me a couple of days ago, disabled it.
    Seeing this post reminded me to set it up again, no issues.
    With 3.

Maybe leave it disabled for 24hrs and retry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I saw talk about it in the vodafone X thread in the bargains forum. Seems to be happening a lot of people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Whoops, posted in wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Anytime I try to download a game I go to the store and click the magnifying glass on the top right. Type in the game and hit enter but all I get in the games section is playstation store add-ons.

This is an example of what I see when I search for "The Witcher" but the same is true for any game. Anybody with any insight?

Psn is a pathetic service in this day.

I am now into my second day trying to remove a.card from my ps account and I can't access the relevant page as it crashes.and logs me out of.my account every time.

Where's anonymous when you need them to teach Sony a lesson, but then again, that doesn't seem to have worked last time.

Wensite. Is crap, app is crap. Absolute disgrace of a service.

Just tried it there myself on the website - card deleted without issue.

Checked my PS5 and card was removed.

Less than a minute.

I had to log 9n on my pc to delete the card. App wouldn't work and going to psn website on phone wouldn't work. Pure pi$$ take.

Tried the app, again no issues.

Flawless service from what I can see.

Advertisement