Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Seems they cant do it peacefully at all.

"At all" the post he quoted was of a protest being done peacefully, I choose to raise up their "voices".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

"At all" the post he quoted was of a protest being done peacefully, I choose to raise up their "voices".

Look beyond MSM and youll see,the rioting and looting is way more than we are being told.

Look beyond MSM and youll see,the rioting and looting is way more than we are being told.

I ain't watching msm, thanks for the concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So I see the indoctrination of “All whites enslaving blacks” has made it to our shores thanks to the wonderful media we have. I’m not even gonna link the disgusting video of that Limerick boy getting his head kicked in by a group of black lads today while being blamed for slavery.

It’s a blatant hate crime.

It will not be reported as one.

It will be somehow justified.

If it was the other way round our cities would be burning right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

FatherTed wrote: »
    Jeez you need to lay down the pipe.

I do apologise BUTTTT when you're a BIG Mr Trump supporter like Millions of Americans and myself of course....well I tend to get carried away. And when I see guys Like 'Mayor' Rudy(sorry I still call him mayor)protecting and defending his leader like a real man should when he sees injustice and total fake news being spewed about him(on this occasion by Piers Morgan)well I just love it especially from such high profile guys like Rudy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,622 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Saw a few videos of Santa Monica and Hollywood,seems to be fcuk all protesting and more looting than anything else....place needs a big clean up,protests have been ruined by the rioting and looting the whole thing is out of control and needs some order restored

How recent?

Posted an hour ago, Los Angeles and Southern California looked quite tame:

https://abc7.com/hollywood-protest-west-los-angeles-george-floyd/6231579/

Heck here's - this looks like a fantastic live feed, showing 9+ different cities across the US, and it's still live at time of post, with 2.5 hours of archived footage. I don't see any rioting and looting, I see protesting. I see police officers and demonstrators engaging with one another (dialog). The streamer is aggregating streams from across the US and putting them on one screen. dead handy.

I ain't watching msm, thanks for the concern.

Im not concerned about you,I dont what would make you think I care.
    I support the protests,just not the rioting and looting which is going on a lot more than youve been led to believe according to the the media you watch

So I see the indoctrination of “All whites enslaving blacks” has made it to our shores thanks to the wonderful media we have. I’m not even gonna link the disgusting video of that Limerick boy getting his head kicked in by a group of black lads today while being blamed for slavery.

What happened there was BS and I hope those scrotes are dragged before a judge to explain how the slavery factors in

Overheal wrote: »
    How recent?

Posted an hour ago, Los Angeles and Southern California looked quite tame:

https://abc7.com/hollywood-protest-west-los-angeles-george-floyd/6231579/

Heck here's - this looks like a fantastic live feed, showing 9+ different cities across the US, and it's still live at time of post, with 2.5 hours of archived footage. I don't see any rioting and looting, I see protesting. I see police officers and demonstrators engaging with one another (dialog). The streamer is aggregating streams from across the US and putting them on one screen. dead handy.

From the 1st of June...im into cars so follow a few car spotting youtubers and this guy just happened to be spotting around the area I mentioned.

I only said it becaused its unbiased in its editing....check out effspot last 2 videos

What happened there was BS and I hope those scrotes are dragged before a judge to explain how the slavery factors in

Good lad you didnt say ....BUT...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I swear I don't know who I 'love' more now Rudy or Mr Trump.
    FANTASTIC VIEWING

Great stuff. Good morning Britain has been a bloodsport in recent times, rarely disappoints for entertainment.

Usually dislike Rudy, but he's bang on the money here
    • Left wing media misinterpret Trump
    • Political media (progaganda) gave up on being journalists long ago
    • (Left wing media) promote actual violence, while denouncing Trump's words that may lead to violene
    • Racial narrative being spun by the media
    • Don't cover things that go against their narrative
    • Exaggerate things that support their narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ill bet you wont say the same in some of the police brutality clips on twitter.

You do know that the police have a higher standard of conduct to uphold than a few lads in Limerick right?

If it's 'real' I'd agree 100%. Just be careful there are race stoking idiots everywhere. Has anyone confirmed this video is recent and not staged?
    I've lived in Limerick for a long time, I would have thought people have other things to worry about.

You do know that the police have a higher standard of conduct to uphold than a few lads in Limerick right?

No **** sherlock.
    Point still stands,in some of those clips nobody knows what the police had to deal with before the actions they took

I support the protests,just not the rioting and looting which is going on a lot more than youve been led to believe according to the the media you watch

Quantify it, then. It's really easy to shout "It's loads, Ted!" It's quite another to demonstrate the scale you are referring to. Nobody here is denying looting and rioting has occurred. The way you go on about it, the vibe you get off is that you feel like the scale of destruction is not just apoplectic but utterly apocalyptic. So let's cut to it what scale is it, are we talking the Boston Tea Party, the London Bombings, or Hiroshima?

Trump is misinterpreted... Lord above, the brainwashing and delusion is off the scale. Roll on November when we won't have to listen to this utter horseshít anymore.

Quantify it, then. It's really easy to shout "It's loads, Ted!" It's quite another to demonstrate the scale you are referring to. Nobody here is denying looting and rioting has occurred. The way you go on about it, the vibe you get off is that you feel like the scale of destruction is not just apoplectic but utterly apocalyptic. So let's cut to it what scale is it, are we talking the Boston Tea Party, the London Bombings, or Hiroshima?

5 times more than the media has told us

How's about focus on the message of the protests that is what should be the talking points.. This thread has been a fcuking **** show since the rioters highjacked a legitimate protest, you had people jumping on it immediately. Yet they fained a lack of understanding/need more evidence when there was 10 minute long video of the murder at their fingertips.
    You then have people jumping on a video (from a white supremacist Twitter account) people saying 400 years slavery and that is proof of blacks attacking a white teenager, one of the attackers I think is white (open to be corrected/the attack was sickening anyway) I'll wait for more evidence before I Sabre rattle "look the blacks are attacking us" if it turns out to be blacks and with the words spoken in it it's racism and should be dealt as such in the courts.

2u2me wrote: »
    Great stuff. Good morning Britain has been a bloodsport in recent times, rarely disappoints for entertainment.

• Left wing media misinterpret Trump
    • Political media (progaganda) gave up on being journalists long ago
    • (Left wing media) promote actual violence, while denouncing Trump's words that may lead to violene
    • Racial narrative being spun by the media
    • Don't cover things that go against their narrative
    • Exaggerate things that support their narrative
    I think the Democrat-biased media became exactly what Trump gaslit them to be, because he has insisted for so many years on doing everything in his power to ensure they are who he says they are. I'm not sure how long the journalism of the 4th estate is suppose to supposedly be empirically unbiased and neutral while reporting on the remarks smearing the very same journalists. The right is holding the left to an impossible standard they don't themselves feel the need to be accountable to. I don't know at what time in American history the press was ever completely politically neutral - that seems entirely antithetical to a free press; the Federalist Papers being the primordial example.

Still no looting on any live feed tonight that I've seen, which is now at least a dozen major cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

2u2me wrote: »

So only media that has the same agenda is right, while media that has a different view is wrong?
      Or is that too simple?

• Advertisement

No **** sherlock.
      Point still stands,in some of those clips nobody knows what the police had to deal with before the actions they took

So you're condoning police brutality whenever they feel like it's justified by the actions of the protestor? Good to know where you stand.

So you're condoning police brutality whenever they feel like it's justified by the actions of the protestor? Good to know where you stand.

If I am then youre condoning a white teen being beaten by a black teen.:confused:

If I am then youre condoning a white teen being beaten by a black teen.:confused:

If you can't see that the situations are different, then there's no point discussing it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Fùck it no lives matter at this rate. It’s a mad world I’d be reluctant about being drawn into

Trump is misinterpreted... Lord above, the brainwashing and delusion is off the scale. Roll on November when we won't have to listen to this utter horseshít anymore.
      • Trump tells russia to spy on Clinton.
      • He advocated to inject bleach.
      • He colluded with Russia
      • "They're brining their criminals, their they're rapists."
      • When Trump answered "Ask China" to an asian reporter she whined "why would you ask me specifically" press picked it up as racist.

A few examples.
      He's been called bunker baby for the last week while it's the secret service who decided when he goes down there. It all just seems so disingenuous

We don't see what happened before that though do we? I'll hold fire on passing judgement based on a short clip shared by an obvious white supremacist.
      No **** sherlock.
      If you can't see that the situations are different, then there's no point discussing it any further.

Yeh no point making yourself look silly by excusing one but not the other

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

BoroMan32 wrote: »
      Disgusting racist attack in Limerick today. Hope they find this dirty filthy scumbag.

https://twitter.com/BaronStrucker/status/1268662138803019781

How come they’re always the ones to put these things out there? It’s as if they want us to know something we don’t want us to know

5 times more than the media has told us

What is 5 times zero? ;)

What is 5 times zero? ;)

Ah no they reported it,I never said they didnt;)

• Advertisement

Polar101 wrote: »
      So only media that has the same agenda is right, while media that has a different view is wrong?
      Or is that too simple?

I guess the best way to describe it; the media seem to be more like activists.

I don't mind them taking a political view, as long as they are fair and include all the facts.
      Now it seems left-wing media has been brainwashed by an ideology, the ideology of intersectionality.
      Intersectionality posits that an oppressed person is often the best person to judge their experience of oppression; however, this can create paradoxes when people who are similarly oppressed have different interpretations of similar events. Such paradoxes make it very difficult to synthesize a common actionable cause based on subjective testimony alone.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement