Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voice training

• 17-03-2014 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

is there an age limit to getting your voice trained?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

In my experience, no. I would never tell a potential client that they are too old. You're never too old to learn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JayMurf

Wurly wrote: »
    In my experience, no. I would never tell a potential client that they are too old. You're never too old to learn. :)

Hey wurly.

Just wondered if you still give voice lessons around the moate area?

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

How true is it that you can make your voice better by exercising the muscles in it? Is it true that the more you sing, the better your voice will get?

I've watched a few videos on voice training, and with all the terms they use to describe the voice, it almost reminds me of a wine tasting course... meaning a lot of it seems redundant and confusing. I was thinking I could do it in the car. I could just start shouting various notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Yes, you can get better by exercising the muscles in your voice. And, as with anything, the more you practice, the more you tools you will learn and the more stamina you will build.

However, you need to practice in a way that won't damage your voice. For example, shouting various notes may do more harm to than good. The voice relies on muscles that can be torn/hurt like any other muscle in our body. You should identify what it is you want to learn about singing (how to sing louder, extending range, stamina, staying in tune, etc) and research that. And honestly, the best way to learn is to find an experienced vocal teacher in whatever style of singing it is you want to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement