Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

Only saw it last night. Not the winner I would have picked on the back of last night but there you go!
    Detox - totally stole the show - that look was ah-maz-ing.

Can't wait for the next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Rick_

I agree, Detox's look was stunning. I actually thought based on the performances of last night alone that Alaska would have won it, but I guess RuPaul takes into consideration the whole series, every performance and challenge and also what the fans think. Every time the official page asked you to re-tweet one of 3 messages (depending on the queen) the one for Jinkx always got the most re-tweets closely followed by Alaska. Roxxxy never got that many.

Good news for anyone that has Netflix... According to RuPaul's Twitter, Drag Race will be coming very soon to UK & Ireland's Netflix. I dunno if this means Season 6 will be the first to be shown or whether they are gonna put the past seasons sometime soon or what, but finally, I shall be able to watch it without having to resort to finding streams online! Hooray!

Hopefully they put up Untucked too and the old Drag U series as well.

A quick update on the above, as of yesterday, all 5 seasons of Drag Race are on Netflix UK & Ireland in 16:9 HD (something even the Americans don't get!). No Untucked or Drag U yet, but hopefully they come in time, and season 6 appears in January shortly after the US broadcast, so it saves me having to look for torrents of it! :)

So, anyone seen the first episode of Season 6 yet? Started last night in the States, but no sign of it yet on Netflix. Hopefully they get it up soon or I'm gonna have to start looking for streams of it again. I thought with Netflix those days were behind me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Have they ever done drag Kings ??

I think this would be some great theme music!

Stephin Merritt the singer is openly gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Paddy C wrote: »
    So, anyone seen the first episode of Season 6 yet? Started last night in the States, but no sign of it yet on Netflix. Hopefully they get it up soon or I'm gonna have to start looking for streams of it again. I thought with Netflix those days were behind me!

Love, love, LOVE this show!!!!!! Both myself and my daughter have been watching the Netflix boxsets over and over in anticipation of the new season. So far haven't been able to find a full episode yet. Please if anyone finds one let me know where I can watch it.

Looks like a great mix of queens this year, my money is on Ben de la Creme.

I finally found a torrent for episode 1 and the untucked after show, its as crazy as ever. Not sure if the mods will allow me to post the site I found it here but they are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Watched the new ep, interesting move with introducing the queens in stages, although it did allow me to actually pay attention to the ones there rather than being swamped with a whole group.

Adore is annoying me already...Vivacious could be interesting, but she has got to keep her hips in check on the catwalk, was a bit ott!

Netflix still don't have it on yet. Argh. Eviltwin, PM me the details of the site you found Ep 1 and Untucked on. Were they censored TV broadcasts or the iTunes uncut versions? I hate watching the censored ones. All the episodes on Netflix are uncensored (apart from one, strangely).

• Advertisement

EDIT - Never mind, I found a place just before bed and decided to stay up and watch it, (and Untucked too!) and it was uncensored thankfully. At least I have somewhere to go next week if Netflix haven't got the finger out and put it on by then.

So what did we think of the first lot? I already hate Gia, April is stunning, she reminds me a bit of Carmen Carrera. Hopefully the next bunch will be a bit more entertaining.

I laughed at the dig at Willam from Kelly, and Willam has already posted stuff on Twitter and Instagram about being unhappy with the comment. Shade!

Can't say any of the first 7 are stand outs for me, perhaps Leganja Estranja and Ben de la Creme. I'm waiting to see how Courtney Act fairs next week.

I honestly thought Vivacious was gonna fall over on the runway, those hips were seriously wiggling! It seems to be a thing from her Ball days, so we may be seeing it every week.

Oh, and doesn't Ben looks like Michelle?! Like, *really* looks like Michelle?!?!

Ben is scarily like Michelle Visage, down to the mole. He must be messing, saying he can't see it. It was freakishly uncanny!

Gia and Adore are annoying me a bit...Laganja getting to that level too although it's more innocent. Gia and Adore have that awful drooooooone on their voice.

I'm not seeing any clear cut standouts just yet but there are 7 more to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Ben is scarily like Michelle Visage, down to the mole. He must be messing, saying he can't see it. It was freakishly uncanny!

Gia and Adore are annoying me a bit...Laganja getting to that level too although it's more innocent. Gia and Adore have that awful drooooooone on their voice.

I'm not seeing any clear cut standouts just yet but there are 7 more to go!

Firstly Kelly deserved to go home. There is nothing amazing about her. She had zero wow factor compared to Sharon Neddles, Raven. She lacked a strong personality and sense of humour. Her drag sense was bland.

That episode would be like watching paint without Adore and Gia. They both are quite talented. I think Ben is too much like a carbon copy of Jinxx( They are friends and from the same city). If you watch Adores youtube which she regularly updated. She is missing videos for nearly two months, so I think she has made it quite far. Plus she is incredible funny.

Milk, Bianca and Courtney are also very strong competition. I doubt Courtney will win as she is only doing it to make herself a household name like Willam did.

My money is on Milk, Adore, Courtney and Bianca.

Is it only online to watch guys ? thought it used to be on Living or something?

It used to be on E4, but they stopped showing it after Season 2. It is available on Netflix (season 1-5) but Season 6 which only started on Monday night isn't on yet so you'll have to search for a stream of it online somewhere. I have the first episode and also the Untucked accompanying show downloaded (and uncensored) if I was able to upload it somewhere for you you could download them, but such things are likely frowned upon by the mods on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andy_ajs

I'm obsessed with RPDR, enjoying the season so far.

Watched the first 10 minutes of the second episode and I already like Bianca Del Rio, Milk, and Ms Darienne Lake.

Favorite queen so far probably has to be Ornacia, she looks like she gives good head.

From the first episode, Laganga is sort of getting on my nerves but I have a feeling they're going to let her story develop, and allow her to 'mature'. Ben is a bit full on, like how she ran into the werk room, and the forced character, hopefully she'll reign it in a bit.. sort of doubtful though. Vi Vacious was werking the ball walk and the lip sync, I hope her own drag is better than that thing she sewed together with the crow on her arm, she looked like a cross dressing taxidermist. Kelly Mantle was the right choice to go home, but I feel if it was all the 14 queens together, she would be safe. I wanted to see her in the acting challenges. April was fishy, I liked her, but need to get to know her better before I make a full decision, but she worked well with the Duck Dynasty stuff. Gia was fishy and she'll probably p*ss people off, but I like her in a weird way. That handbag was ridiculous though, and not a ridiculous in a good way, it looks like it was trying to hide a colostomy bag. Adore was probably my favorite, she'll probably be a lot like Detox from last season, getting the talking heads and featured a lot more.

The jaw droppingly gorgeous Carmen Carrera was on Ireland AM this morning, it should be on the TV3 player later today if anyone wants to see it. She was on around 10am.

Really? What was she on for I wonder...

• Advertisement

New 7 queens are great! Now I'm starting to appreciate the new lineup as a whole, breaking it down to 2 groups was a great idea and the ending of the episode is brilliant, just a little taster of a possible "Heathers vs Boogers" style thing!

New runway track is probably the best so far, didn't think Glamazon would be topped but it just works so well.

(Very) Early prediction...

Ben de la Creme, Courtney Act and Leganja Estranja for the final 3, unless someone like Milk or Vivacious are sleeper hits and really dazzle later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

(Very) Early prediction...

Ben de la Creme, Courtney Act and Leganja Estranja for the final 3, unless someone like Milk or Vivacious are sleeper hits and really dazzle later in the season.

Mmm, I dunno. I REALLY like Milk, she seems to have the most creativity AND a really genuinely nice personality too.

Courtney Act is nice, and obviously legendarily fishy, but i think Visage will come down hard on her - she already has, saying that she expected more from her. This is unreasonable because in a sense she has admitted a negative bias against Courtney who, like everyone else, deserves to be judged on the merits of what she does in the show, not what she has achieved prior to coming on the show.

I'm glad they have someone in there with a really sharp tongue Bianca del Rio- now we know who it is in the opening section to the show who says "I'll give you originality when Santino......... something something.... and Visage wears a facking turtle-neck". Lol!

Like Laganga's aesthetic.

Like Gia for some reason - I usually don't go for queens like her.

Like Darienne, but she'll suffer in challenges of most varieties that aren't comedy based.

Vivenne Fox or whatever.... harmless also ran.

Ben de la Crème I like a lot. how many episodes before they castigate her for not being herself? Twill be quite annoying when they do becasue she has built a character so expecting her to dump it and be herself would be ridiculous.

the queen with Ornacia on her head (funny I remember Ornacia's name and not hers) had a terrible opening episode. Her entrance could have been brilliant but ended up being quite toe-curling.

Adorè - by far the most likeable Queen on first impressions, but her lack of 'polish' (four dresses is all she brought, allegedly) might cost her dearly. I see her going just beyond half way.

April Carrion - wasn't wild about her entrance costume OR what she constructed, but seems nice.

Trinity K. Bonet - the cutest entrant. Early exit.

That first queen to exit , Magnolia? Hideous hose-beast.

Oh no - Kelly Mantle was the first. Right choice.

Predictions for me:
    Milk wins.
    Leganga second.
    Courtney third.
    Ben de la Crème fourth.
    Adorè fifth.

Liking the show a lot more since episode two

I'd like Adore so much more if she could use a sentence without "fucking" in it.

"Hideous hose-beast"... Hahahahahaha!

The queen with Ornacia on her head was Vivacious.

I can't wait to see the episode where Bianca (if it is her) says that stuff to Michelle and Santino. I can just picture their faces!

I'm actually starting to go off Michelle Viasge. Personally, I think she gets worse looking every season. I don't like her style at all. Also only recently found out she used to be a correspondent or something for 2FM in the 90's or around that time. Was she actually based in Dublin or did they do some US link-ups or what? Anyone remember her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

"Hideous hose-beast"... Hahahahahaha!

The queen with Ornacia on her head was Vivacious.

I can't wait to see the episode where Bianca (if it is her) says that stuff to Michelle and Santino. I can just picture their faces!

I'm actually starting to go off Michelle Viasge. Personally, I think she gets worse looking every season. I don't like her style at all. Also only recently found out she used to be a correspondent or something for 2FM in the 90's or around that time. Was she actually based in Dublin or did they do some US link-ups or what? Anyone remember her?

Ah yes, Vivacious!

With you totally re Visage. Actually I have noticed during the season finales (live shows) that the audiences have been somewhat lukewarm to her.

Paddy C, you seem to love and scrutinise this show just like me - did you think it was a bit restrictive of the judges collectively to diss Milk for wearing facial hair (Bianca did too). I mean fexxake like, gender-**** has a place in drag!!! How can I appreciate this and THEY don't? It was the same last season when Alaska didn't cross dress in one task, but was still in full makeup. Drag is an artform, it shouldn't be so restrictively defined - it's an attitude as well!!

I did think it was weird for Milk to wear the beard, but when I saw the whole runway look I did like it. It did work with it, and I've certainly seen guys before in drag on the scene but they have facial hair or beards. Like you say, drag is an artform and an expression, if people don't get it, that doesn't make it any less valid. The judges did seem to diss her for it, but then said that it worked, even though I were expecting them to completely slate the entire look she went for, never mind the facial hair!

Santino never seems to like anything. A lot of people have said he is just bitter for not winning the TV show he was part of and takes it out on everyone else. I'm so happy someone has finally said something to him, although I'm sure they have before but it's either taken out or it is only part of Untucked.

Michelle is definitely getting bigger, and worse as a judge. She seems more intent on trying to copy queens catchphrases and make her own stick than judge, and when she does she changes her mind constantly on what she likes and doesn't like. She can't seem to give a consistent critique, week after week (that rhymes!). The show ain't about you love. I think Detox said it best at the RuPaul Roast:- "Michelle's favourite movie is Showgirls, which is apt, since much like Nomi Malone, she too relies on the talents of her black friend". Michelle wouldn't be on Drag Race or anywhere in the public eye as much as she is now without Ru. Time she learned her station and stuck to it methinks!

I'm more creeped out by seeing Ben and Michelle in the same show, it's seriously like Michelle has an alter ego going on...

Santino is boring to be honest, has been for quite a while. Michelle is also getting samey...

Am I the only one who notices the tension between Santino and Michelle? In the last few episodes of Season 5 and the first 2 of Season 6 there have been looks thrown when one disagrees with the other. Either the shows producers are editing it in the extreme to create fake drama, or maybe there is something going on behind the scenes. Either way, a refreshed judging panel for Season 7 would be most welcome. I would be happy to see the back of either Santino, Michelle or even both of them.

• Advertisement

Finally got round to watching Episode 2, much better group of girls all round and the right choice was made as to who to send home.

I love Courtney Act although I was expecting a lot more from her on the runway, Milk is just nuts and I like queens who are unique so it will be interesting to see how she does, was expecting a bit more from Darienne tbh, I was hoping this season we might finally get a bigger girl worthy of the win but so far I'm not impressed. Bianca was a worthy winner but I don't think she came across well in the Untucked show. I didn't think much of Trinity as first but I really liked her outfit, I think she might be a dark horse. The rest I have already forgotten.

Its going to be interesting to see the dynamics in Epi 3 now with the entire group together.

Totally agree with the comments on Michelle, I am so over her now, she gets more pointless each season and those boobs are hurting my eyes. I still have a soft spot for Santino though

Advertisement