If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will you be stocking the Optoma HD27HDR?

Options
  • 22-03-2019 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hey

I see you have the Optoma HD27e in stock. Will you be stocking the Optoma HD27HDR?
    I'm interested in getting this model, but can only see it retail online from the US. 

AFAIK they are different projectors(?)

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey

I see you have the Optoma HD27e in stock. Will you be stocking the Optoma HD27HDR?
    I'm interested in getting this model, but can only see it retail online from the US. 

AFAIK they are different projectors(?)

thanks
    Hi Ethereal Cereal.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure but it does look like the HDR version is only for the American market.

I've checked over their specs and they both look to be the same.

I tried to call Optoma to confirm this but they are closed until Monday.

I have it noted in my diary and will give them a call then and revert back to you.

Hey Ethereal Cereal.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I had a few days off at the start of the week.

Spoke with Optoma and they have said the HDR is for the America market but is pretty much the same spec as the UK/IRL version.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Hey Ethereal Cereal.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I had a few days off at the start of the week.

Spoke with Optoma and they have said the HDR is for the America market but is pretty much the same spec as the UK/IRL version.
    Thats alright Kenny. Yea, I think the main difference in them (beside the double contrast ratio) is "[font=Roboto, sans-serif]HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 connectivity for 4K HDR input sources"[/font]

I'm guessing this is why they can throw HDR on the end of the US version. 
    I'm going to go with the US version so. 

thanks for the reply

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

No problem but do check that you can cope with the voltage if you are sourcing it direct from the USA!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

thanks for the advice! I actually hadn't thought of that

• Advertisement

thanks for the advice! I actually hadn't thought of that
    No worries Ethereal Cereal.

Let us know if we can help in the future.

Hey

I wonder could I field a surround sound question by you???? 
    I received this projector and have been trying to set it up over the weekend.

How do I run surround sound from this to my surround sound system? 

The back of my projector looks like below, 

HD27HDR-Connections.jpg

and my logitech z607 surround sound system looks like below

z607-merida-pdp.jpg

Could you tell me do I need additional equipment?

thanks in advance!

Hey

How do I run surround sound from this to my surround sound system? HD27HDR-Connections.jpg

The back of the projector only has these connections, and my logitech z607 surround sound system looks like below.
    Hi Ethereal.

Did you get the projector from ourselves or somewhere else in the end?

The only audio output in that image is the 3.5mm jack which will only give stereo. You will be able to connect this to your Logitech as it has phono and 3.5mm inputs. (Both stereo inputs).

What is your source for audio/movies etc?

You would need to have an amp that can take HDMI to be able to get surround sound to work with any projector. As it the source that will output the audio track and not the projector. A projector should really only be used for Picture as it has no real audio decoders built in.
    How are you connected to the Logitech at the moment?

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey

How do I run surround sound from this to my surround sound system? HD27HDR-Connections.jpg

The back of the projector only has these connections, and my logitech z607 surround sound system looks like below.
    Hi Ethereal.

Did you get the projector from ourselves or somewhere else in the end?

The only audio output in that image is the 3.5mm jack which will only give stereo. You will be able to connect this to your Logitech as it has phono and 3.5mm inputs. (Both stereo inputs).

What is your source for audio/movies etc?

You would need to have an amp that can take HDMI to be able to get surround sound to work with any projector. As it the source that will output the audio track and not the projector. A projector should really only be used for Picture as it has no real audio decoders built in.
    How are you connected to the Logitech at the moment?

Let me know your thoughts.
    Hey, 

I ordered it online after, because I wanted specifically the US only version of the the projector, with HDR and double the contrast ration. 

Thanks for that, makes a bit more sense to me now. I will be using a SkyQ box as a source, Game of Thrones!!! 

Whats your cheapest applicable HDMI amp?
    Do I run a hdmi cable from the sky Q box to the amp, then run a hdmi cable from the amp to the projector?

thanks a mill

Hey Ethereal.

Ahh... You got the one you wanted after all :)

You would indeed connect the Sky Q to the amp and the the amp to the projector.

Cheapest surround sound receiver would be the Denon AVRX250 priced at £149 (Very good starting point)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203341-denon-avrx250bt-bluetooth-av-receiver.aspx

You would then also connect your speakers into the receiver. However your subwoofer will not longer be compatible with the new amp.

If you require speakers also there is the Elac Cinema 5.1 on a deal with the AVRX250 priced at £349 all in.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13476-denon-avrx250-elac-cinema-5-1-speaker-pack-av-receiver-and-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.