Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Customer service

• 22-03-2019 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Here we go folks is this a record, I have been on the phone waiting for Eir customer service for 1hr 15 minutes of my life....time i will never get back....they definitely do not believe in looking after their customers.............the GOVERNMENT should not be dealing with a company which is so inefficient .....................and ineffective

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ah here, I've spent 37 hours on the phone to them since the 26th of Feb.

Amazing what new mobile can do, my new phone records all calls and puts them in separate audio files for me, I click on a number and I can see how long I've spent on that number. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

It never ceases to amaze me how long people will stay on the phone to a company who is supposedly providing a service they are paying for.

I give them 15 minutes max.

Then it's email.

Email gives you the ability to document your issue and then forward it if you don't gets a response.

1st reminder, 2nd reminder....... not to many can take the 5th reminder.

Obviously this doesn't work with all companies Eir (ComReg required) and Ryanair are two obvious examples.

Works for me most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Spent 48 minutes waiting. I was due a refund and spoke to an agent . Who sorted it out and the monies in my bank now.

But having to wait such a time to not on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

airuser wrote: »
    Spent 48 minutes waiting.  I was due a refund and spoke to an agent .  Who sorted it out and the monies in my bank now.

Hi airuser 

hondaguy01 wrote: »
    Here we go folks is this a record, I have been on the phone waiting for Eir customer service for 1hr 15 minutes of my life....time i will never get back....they definitely do not believe in looking after their customers.............the GOVERNMENT should not be dealing with a company which is so inefficient .....................and ineffective
    wmpdd3 wrote: »

Amazing what new mobile can do, my new phone records all calls and puts them in separate audio files for me, I click on a number and I can see how long I've spent on that number. Very handy.
    Spent 48 minutes waiting.  I was due a refund and spoke to an agent .  Who sorted it out and the monies in my bank now.

We are sorry for the long wait times.  A few months ago, eir announced that we would bring our customer service back in-house. We’re now more than halfway through that process, which includes recruiting for 750 customer care jobs in our new regional hubs. During this time of change, customers have experienced longer wait times but we’re doing everything we can to minimise the disruption and we're working as hard as possible to get our wait times down. 

Since October, eir has hired and trained 315 new front-line staff across our three new sites and 220 staff have transferred over to eir. Every week more than 40 new care agents complete training and begin taking calls, with performance improving every day. We firmly believe these changes will result in a better experience for eir's customers in the long term, thank you for your patience in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Hi airuser 

We are sorry for the long wait times.  A few months ago, eir announced that we would bring our customer service back in-house. We’re now more than halfway through that process, which includes recruiting for 750 customer care jobs in our new regional hubs. During this time of change, customers have experienced longer wait times but we’re doing everything we can to minimise the disruption and we're working as hard as possible to get our wait times down. 

Since October, eir has hired and trained 315 new front-line staff across our three new sites and 220 staff have transferred over to eir. Every week more than 40 new care agents complete training and begin taking calls, with performance improving every day. We firmly believe these changes will result in a better experience for eir's customers in the long term, thank you for your patience in the meantime.
    'Since October, eir has hired and trained 315 new front-line staff across our three new sites...'
    Linzi, where are the three new sites?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Hi airuser 

I have been on hold at all, I have a direct line number for both eir and Vodafone. I have clocked up 37 hours of telephone conversation.

The staff I dealt with in the beginning did not have access to the order system, they just raised tickets. This resulted in numerous orders being canceled and resubmitted.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Up Donegal wrote: »

Hi airuser 

'Since October, eir has hired and trained 315 new front-line staff across our three new sites...'
    Linzi, where are the three new sites?
    Thanks.
    Hi

The new sites are in Sligo, Limerick and Cork.

~Linzi

Advertisement