Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't text 51551!

Options
  • 18-10-2019 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I recently upgraded my phone and now have a Huawei P30 lite. And for some reasion I cannot text 51551. It just says 'not sent. tap to try again'. 51551 is the number of RTE. They say the problem is on the Vodafone side (my network) burt Vodafone say the problem lies with RTE.
    Any Suggestions??
    Cheers and Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 palajam

I can't text to 5155. It was ok on October 29 but nothing since. It's not just my phone Iphone,Ipad and mac. I've emailed RTE but no reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amhlaoibh

I am wondering if anyone has been able to solve the problems with texting 5155* numbers. I have an iPhone7 and in January I suddenly could not send to any of these numbers (radio stations).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Have you checked that premium/short code SMS option is switched on in settings?

For iPhone https://support-pg.digicelgroup.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002598932-What-is-premium-SMS-and-how-can-I-activate-it-

For Android https://www.samsung.com/sa_en/support/mobile-devices/nougat-os-how-to-change-premium-sms-settings-to-allow-sending-sms-to-short-numbers/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I had similar issue with Gomo. They told me I should add the number as a contact and it sent ok after.

Advertisement