Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tuesday - Friday windstorms & snow - REPORTS AND CHAT THREAD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

Hail Showers-Thunder-gusts during showers

North Kerry

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

:eek: Snow in Lusk! I wasn't expecting that! Not sticking but quite heavy, mixed in with sleet and pretty windy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Blizzard in clonsilla, dublin 15 but its struggling to stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Fantastically fluffy flurries flying around Ashbourne. Almost flizzards at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Just had a few strong gusts of winds to accompany that onimous looking sky.

And then....

IT SNOWED :D! Yay! Very chilly morning- 1.5 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Getting heavier in Glasnevin...

185042.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Snowing in Letterkenny as well, only really sticking on grass, cars etc. Not much different to what we've had all week really

Max gust only 69km/hr so far

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Snow angel

Just looked out and a dusting of snow on ground in maynooth. Raining mow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Sleety snow in north Dub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ye are welcome to it, be gone by evening ....till after the new year. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Just driven through a heavy snow shower in Tallaght (100 m), which was reported in the 0900 Casement report. Sleet at Dublin Airport (85 m). Moderate/heavy snow at Shannon Airport (20 m), but I think that will turn back to rain during the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Su Campu wrote: »
    Just driven through a heavy snow shower in Tallaght (100 m), which was reported in the 0900 Casement report. Sleet at Dublin Airport (85 m). Moderate/heavy snow at Shannon Airport (20 m), but I think that will turn back to rain during the morning.
    Dont no how high up i am su but its snowing heavy enough in ballyfermot at the moment. No sleet just big flakes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another snow shower here. 1.9c DP 0.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

snow here in enfield, was quite heavy for a while, stopped now and the sun has come out

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

DOCARCH wrote: »
    South Down......possibly? Just a guess. :D

Thank you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

8:00 this morning flurries and some settling in East Cork between Midleton & Fermoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Heavy hail/sleet mix here. Biggest hail I've seen in a long time. Thunder seems to have fizzled out along the coast. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

All Hail Sponge Bob...that and a mixture of sleet is all I saw so far today. Mind you Red Steve and I are not too far from Mace Head which is the windiest spot in Ireland for the past 24 hours continous.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

:D:D:D:D Snowing in Greystones.:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Shame to see Fridays event turn into nothing, that's the nature of model watching I guess, It will take me a while to forget BBCs spine shivering forecast from last Saturday, everything went downhill since then :( .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Another hail shower rolls in
    8e418aee.jpg

Actually between showers its quite calm. If this is it then it's yet another anticlimax.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Snowing in D24 and sticking at around the 200m ASL mark above Bohernabreena valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

COULDNT get a picture because it was blowing in the wind too fast ...

SO heres a video! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just cycled through a fecking bitter sleet shower in Milltown, Dublin. Was this forecasted at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

snowing in north east meath, nice big flakes, nothing to get excited about though, just a passing shower

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    All Hail Sponge Bob...that and a mixture of sleet is all I saw so far today. Mind you Red Steve and I are not too far from Mace Head which is the windiest spot in Ireland for the past 24 hours continous.

Some big gusts here in the last half hour.

That will add to the high tides in galway. The appropriately named Flood street will be on alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Not a thing here as per usual, clear and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well theres a big blob on the radar just missing cork city :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowed nicely here this morning wasnt expecting that, it stuck to certain places but is melted now, may post a picture later today when I get back from college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Still quite windy here in Kanturk,North West County Cork. There was some heavy hail/sleet showers during the night. Sun out now but I reckon there's more showers on the way.

Advertisement