Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone been to Oonas Dive Club in Egypt

Options
  • 10-03-2008 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi

Just back from the London Dive Show, met tons of great sales people.
    I quiet liked Oonas Dive Club, seemed nice people and really good prices about 600euro for the Open Water and Advanced Open Water course together, beats the Irish prices hands down.
    I am a beginner, just wondering if anyone has been to these guys
    By the way the dive show was good but london Transport was CRAP, I recon London will never host the Olympics in 4 years, almost as bad as Ireland..

Garry

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

They certainly had a nice stand, forgot to take a photo though:D

http://www.oonasdiveclub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bigross

Grinderman wrote: »
    Hi

Just back from the London Dive Show, met tons of great sales people.
    I quiet liked Oonas Dive Club, seemed nice people and really good prices about 600euro for the Open Water and Advanced Open Water course together, beats the Irish prices hands down.
    I am a beginner, just wondering if anyone has been to these guys
    By the way the dive show was good but london Transport was CRAP, I recon London will never host the Olympics in 4 years, almost as bad as Ireland..

Garry

Having dived in both Ireland and Egypt, where conditions are - to put it mildly -very different, I would recommend learning in Ireland before going to Egypt.
    If you learn in more difficult conditions (colder and less visibility) then Egypt will seem so much better when you get there.
    If you learn in the easier conditions in Egypt, Irish water will seem very cold and dark when you get back, you'll be less likely to continue diving here, and to be honest you'd end up missing out on some great diving.
    And as for buddies, I'll pick a buddy who learned in Ireland over one who learned in the tropics every time!

Advertisement