Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

respraying a bottle???

• 08-03-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys,
    I started diving a while ago and was given a bottle by a friend of mine.I got it tested recently and it passed no bother. Only problem with it is its pink!!!! Ive no idea where he got it but its old enough. Im just wondering can bottles be resprayed or does it need to be a specific coating that goes onto them?
    My cousin works in a bodyshop and said he can respray it if I want.

Any ideas or info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

be very careful if getting it resprayed as the markings need need to be visible or it cant be filled id suggest checking some dive shops about getting it done i know flagship scuba use to do it but i havent dived in a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 10 markdebarra

Hi, there is no major difference in the paint your cousin would use from his bodyshop.
    Just be careful not to heat the cylinder when you strip down the old paint. Maybe use soda blasting.
    As mentioned above take care with the cylinder marking and any retest stickers.

Another option instead of respraying would be to get a tank graphic form these guys. https://www.scubacool.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JOT

thanks for the info

Advertisement