Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Attic mounted ventilation unit - noise

Options
  • 18-04-2019 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Recently moved into a new build. A couple of issues popping up that would have been difficult to identify during snagging.

Number one is the ventillation unit mounted in the attic. It's a Vent Axia multi-vent (https://www.vent-axia.com/range/lo-carbon-multivent-mvdc-ms-msh)

It looks to be mounted vertically on some studs in the attic, I can't see if there is any damping around it or not, but will investigate this evening.

Anyway, we've only been in a couple of weeks (really only sleeping there about a week now) and at night there is a very loud hum in the master bedroom, which I have isolated to this unit. The only way I can describe it is that it sounds like the hum when you are on board a turboprop aircraft.

I'm going to get on to the builder, but I wanted to verify here if it is perhaps not installed correctly to be making that hum, or just something that we need to live with in a modern house.

Advertisement