Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 child seats in a van

• 06-03-2019 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Can you fit 2 child seats in front of
    3 seater van. Have 7 month and 19 month old. Need an van for work but will have drop kids in the morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Legally no as dropping the children of is a domestic activity not commercial, thenif you were to wing it you would need to have two seatbelts to restrain the seats. An awkward peeler would have you if you tried to get away with one belt on the two..............................might also have insurance implications......................................

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

stock> wrote: »
    Legally no as dropping the children of is a domestic activity not commercial, thenif you were to wing it you would need to have two seatbelts to restrain the seats. An awkward peeler would have you if you tried to get away with one belt on the two..............................might also have insurance implications......................................

Lots of vans have 3 front seats.

Also, some commercial policies cover social and domestic.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Lots of vans have 3 front seats.

Also, some commercial policies cover social and domestic.

The make or model van wasn't mentioned if it was a focus or partner sized van it won't have 3 seat belts....................

I never mentioned insurance I was referring to the constabulary or RSA and Revenue / customs them boys don't consider domestic use of a commercial vehicle as appropriate.................................. even having the seats in the vehicle is enough to set them off.........................................they consider it fraud and road tax evasion..................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

The make or model van wasn't mentioned if it was a focus or partner sized van it won't have 3 seat belts....................

I never mentioned insurance I was referring to the constabulary or RSA and Revenue / customs them boys don't consider domestic use of a commercial vehicle as appropriate.................................. even having the seats in the vehicle is enough to set them off.........................................they consider it fraud and road tax evasion..................................................

That all depends on how the van is taxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

The make or model van wasn't mentioned if it was a focus or partner sized van it won't have 3 seat belts.....................

A focus sized van won’t have three seats anyway, and a three seater peugout partner will have three seatbelts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Peugeot partner that came out in 2008 has 3 front seats and belts. The OP specifically mentions a 3 seater van.

I’ve never heard of issues with revenue once you’re not carrying people in the back. Have heard of issues with people using crewcabs (LR Discovery for example) as family cars, but never vans.

Advertisement