Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Seen a 202 yesterday. Must be the last of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

But the Mondeo only got a hybrid plant recently.

Be sad to see it go, would have loved to see the st kept too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That Mondeo hybrid has been on sale in the US market for a good few years so it wouldn't take much to engineer it for the European market. It's not meant to be great anyway and dealers struggled to sell them here. They were offering massive discounts on them last year along with the overpriced Vignale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

bazz26 wrote: »
    That Mondeo hybrid has been on sale in the US market for a good few years so it wouldn't take much to engineer it for the European market. It's not meant to be great anyway and dealers struggled to sell them here. They were offering massive discounts on them last year along with the overpriced Vignale.

The Mondeo Hybrid was available in the UK for a few years. It was a bit shyte so wasn't hugely promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi
    Wifes G30 automatic appears to have a dpf issue. Car was practically parked up for 6 weeks while she was WFH. She mentioned power issue yesterday, I've just taken it for a motorway spin and it definitely seens to be down in power in the lower gears almost like the autobox isn't selecting the correct gear. After 30 minutes or so it appeared to be back to normal. Think it needs to be looked over , 2 years old 50K it's not due service for months. What's the remedy? Do they replace them or clean them? Big issue or no?
    Thanks

Hi,
    So i posted about my wife’s car a month or so ago, as above the car appeared to be loosing power when decelerating and sluggish, a week or so later it had disimproved but no warning lights.
    Got the car into BMW last week and it turns out the EGR valve was the issue.
    The valve was open too wide and causing the lack of power.
    New EGR valve and the car feels like new again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

OSI wrote: »
    Similarly the brother in laws Golf is in the garage for a failed EGR valve. Unfortunately for him it's a 2012 so mucho moola to replace.

Did it have the dieselgate fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Buying parts for the DC2 at the mo, haven't done that in a while.
    Should possibly replace the front discs as well. They were only on it a day or two before the engine went pop, but it's been sat up for a long long time.
    Finding 300mm discs in 4x114.3 is tricky though, might go down the redrilling route.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Buying parts for the DC2 at the mo, haven't done that in a while.
    Should possibly replace the front discs as well. They were only on it a day or two before the engine went pop, but it's been sat up for a long long time.
    Finding 300mm discs in 4x114.3 is tricky though, might go down the redrilling route.

Would it not be easier to get the old ones skimmed? Since you said they were new before it was parked up.

Would it not be easier to get the old ones skimmed? Since you said they were new before it was parked up.
    Might be, need to have a proper look at them and see if they've been corroded much from sitting up.
    I'd say they were just about bedded in when it popped.

Some mish mash of brakes gonna be on it now; Prelude discs, Legend calipers up front and Ep3 on the back.

Forget to ask was it parked up inside or outside. If parked up in a shed then get them skimmed but if parked outside they are probably gone at this staged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Similarly the brother in laws Golf is in the garage for a failed EGR valve. Unfortunately for him it's a 2012 so mucho moola to replace.

Out of warranty what are the replacement and labour costs?

Forget to ask was it parked up inside or outside. If parked up in a shed then get them skimmed but if parked outside they are probably gone at this staged.
    Was in a garage, but said garage was damp as **** so would have been better off outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

moby2101 wrote: »
    Out of warranty what are the replacement and labour costs?

2012 Golf 1.6 EGR in a main dealer would be the guts of €1k.

2 years cover on the EGR cooler with a bit of flexability if it's had the emissions recall done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Could be worse when my Dad brought his A4 in to get the EGR changed with Audi doing good will on it and it costing 100s rather than 1K when they went to remove it, they couldn’t get it off the air intake manifold not sure the full story was the air intake manifold actually damaged before they went to do the job or what. Ultimately the car ended up with a new air intake manifold and new EGR valve probably talking 2K cost I’d imagine he still only ended up paying a couple of hundred euro Audi covered the rest. His car is 141 180k km.

He is kind of just lucky when it comes to cars if I had owned it I’d be down the 2K no doubt.

CIP4 wrote: »

He is kind of just lucky when it comes to cars if I had owned it I’d be down the 2K no doubt.

Ah, that's only pocket change to you. Sure you're loaded. :D

Could be worse when my Dad brought his A4 in to get the EGR changed with Audi doing good will on it and it costing 100s rather than 1K when they went to remove it, they couldn’t get it off the air intake manifold not sure the full story was the air intake manifold actually damaged before they went to do the job or what. Ultimately the car ended up with a new air intake manifold and new EGR valve probably talking 2K cost I’d imagine he still only ended up paying a couple of hundred euro Audi covered the rest. His car is 141 180k km.

You'd have just bought a new car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Well my volvo is now sold thanks to the boardsies !

Just one post on the luxobarge thread was enough to get good interest on her.

Thankfully now she's going to a very good home !

I'm happy she'll be looked after and I hope the new owner really enjoys their new car ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Well my volvo is now sold thanks to the boardsies !

Just one post on the luxobarge thread was enough to get good interest on her.

Thankfully now she's going to a very good home !

I'm happy she'll be looked after and I hope the new owner really enjoys their new car ! :D

I'm surprised it lasted so long it's a class Car!

Truckermal wrote: »
    I'm surprised it lasted so long it's a class Car!

There was quite a bit if interest ! But one person tossed me about on here and when I contacted them several times they didn't have the decency to say thanks but no thanks. So there's time wasters on here too... Who would've guessed :rolleyes:

Ah, that's only pocket change to you. Sure you're loaded. :D
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    You'd have just bought a new car

The joke in work is I don’t buy tyres for cars just change the car once they wear down :pac:

• Advertisement

The joke in work is I don’t buy tyres for cars just change the car once they wear down :pac:

Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

There was quite a bit if interest ! But one person tossed me about on here and when I contacted them several times they didn't have the decency to say thanks but no thanks. So there's time wasters on here too... Who would've guessed :rolleyes:

Sounds like Tim :P

Sounds about right.

Actually this weekend a year ago I collected the Golf. For all my nitpicking on it, it's been a good car overall. I think it would be a struggle to find a better all rounder it really does everything quite well. It hasn't given me any issues and maintenance cost have been low but then there still is only 48k km on it. Running costs have been substantially lower than I would of expected. I really don't find it expensive to run considering the performance it offers. I am still unsure how long I will end up keeping it but I will have to wait and see.

Sounds like Tim :P

Not at all actually :haha:

Tim actually did buy it and was very decent about it all ! So I'm not complaining !

Not at all actually :haha:

Tim actually did buy it and was very decent about it all ! So I'm not complaining !

I know :p

I know :p

Ya bollox :PAC:

I'm happy to see the car get a decent wash since it got to this country ! Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

mg1shw3gr7a51.jpg

He's on an all carb diet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Got 2 punctures in the 1 tyre this week one tuesday and one today a nail and a screw!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

That happened to me last year. Couldn't believe it when the second one happened. You'll go a year or two with nothing and hit 2/3 punctures in quick succession.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement