Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone remember this ad for Hacks? Was there a later version?

• 21-10-2016 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I remember an advert that was on television when I was maybe four or five (which would have been 1980 or 1981). It showed someone with a frog in their throat taking a lozenge. It always made me sad to see the poor frog get killed by this lozenge.

I've found an ad very similar to the this one. However it's not quite the same as I remember. I don't know if I'm imagining things but I remember the frog punching the tonsils a bit more and his death being sightly more violent.

Was there another version of this ad made a few years later?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I remember an advert that was on television when I was maybe four or five (which would have been 1980 or 1981). It showed someone with a frog in their throat taking a lozenge. It always made me sad to see the poor frog get killed by this lozenge.

I've found an ad very similar to the this one. However it's not quite the same as I remember. I don't know if I'm imagining things but I remember the frog punching the tonsils a bit more and his death being sightly more violent.

Was there another version of this ad made a few years later?

There was a shorter version of this ad that cut to where he punches the tonsils,it didn't have the bit with him singing or the thing about Hackney at the start.It ran well into the 80's from what I remember

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I've never seen that long version which the op posted but the shorter one ran for years, possibly was still being shown in the early 90's.I'd say this is the one op remembers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The shorter version is on here from 1.35. It's the one I always remember being shown. Can see how it might have come across as more violent than the longer version. There's no context to his tonsil battering and his death seems really sudden here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

darkdubh wrote: »
    The shorter version is on here from 1.35. It's the one I always remember being shown. Can see how it might have come across as more violent than the longer version. There's no context to his tonsil battering and his death seems really sudden here.

Fyp. I remember this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The Marathon guy looks very pleased with himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement