Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Morals Are Optional - Fibbage Style Cards Against Humanity Clone

Options
  • 11-04-2015 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

If anyone was reading the More Controllers Please thread they would have seen I was working on this, but I've gotten to milestone with now as I have what I consider V1 complete.

If you have played Fibbage, it works very similar to that. It runs on one device and all players connect into that device using their phones or tablets etc.

So if you have never played cards against humanity, basically you flip a black card over and it will contain a statement with a blank space or a question. Each player needs to use one of the white cards, which contain a noun (some are more descriptive than others) in their deck to make up the funniest sentence
    The actual content of the CAH cards are CC0, so they are free to use, you just can't use the name.

I've added the game to greenlight, and would really appreciate a vote on it! This link should open Steam on the correct URL

You need at least 3 players to play, but I would appreciate any feedback you have on the game.

Demo Links:

Desktop Version
    Android Version

Link to the codebase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Congrats on getting to GL : ) Voted, good luck on getting through!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I cant believe on Greenlight I have the power to delete comments! I wouldn't ever do it, but it seems fairly crazy that I could

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Unfortunately I am unable to vote on Steam.
    But good luck with it.
    When you get the video up, it should be easier for people to get how it's played.
    I am still a little unsure still and like most players would not take the time to search fibbage.
    It looks like a trivia game to me so far.
    Interesting idea using the mobiles.
    I added to favourites anyway, so i might be checking back some time to see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Odd update on this, completely out of the blue yesterday I got an email to say it has been greenlit! I hadn't even thought about the game in quite some time!

No uptick in number of votes or anything, very random.

So with that I'm going to revisit it. I'm going to rewrite the game in nodejs, its more a webapp than a game so using game libraries doesn't really make sense. I'm also more of an app developer than a game developer, so may as well stick to what I know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Steam developer!

I'd love to check this out but my Home computer is ded :(

Once it's alive again I'll give this a good look! we do games night regularly with friends so always on the lookout for new games :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement