Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elder Scrolls Online

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That actually looks quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Since the NDA has been lifted, lets just say my last beta weekend was....interesting...

Do note that these images were taken from an area I shouldn't have been in. It's wasn't really meant to be accessed and the rest of the beta was perfectly bug free for the most part. And none of these bugs just appeared, I had to run into an area I knew had a hole in it visually to fall through the ground, didn't just start falling.

For the below building it looks like the object was just left there, I see similar when I dump random objects in places in Unity.

Random building:
    Stuff2.jpg

Falling through a hole in the map, it was in the side of a mountain (Also Jonathan isn't me I was streaming my screen to a friend in the beta who had problems downloading the beta and missed out.):
    stuff_4.jpg

Feel forever, eventually I would be logged out due to too many error messages...so I logged out and in and ended up dead at the top of a tree:
    stuff5.jpg

One part of the map just ended, no warning...try and run through it and it wouldn't let you:
    stuff6.jpg

Great to see they are listening to the players,some nice changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

No mention of another stress test just yet. Gimmie one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Well i shall definitly jump back in the next stress test to check out the changes, i also read they removed the race/faction lock is this true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

I wonder what the end game Content will like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

They are doing another beta this weekend, grab them on a first come first served basis on CVG or enter a sweepstake on Eurogamer (I'm sure other sites have keys as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Benzino wrote: »
    They are doing another beta this weekend

Bah! I'm away all weekend again!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Anyone else giving out beta keys? Gonna give this another shot

• Advertisement

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Anyone else giving out beta keys? Gonna give this another shot

If you've already given it a shot, you should be able to log in on the same account, thats how it worked for the last few betas anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Just got an email from ESO, I was invited back and was given an extra beta key to invite a friend. If anyone needs it ,I can give it to someone.

So got a beta key, plus 1 for a friend. Going to try my hand at recording video to youtube and take a crap ton of screenshots.

If anyone has any preference on what they would like to see post up here. I'm going to be playing a fairly low level character so nothing end game, was thinking of trying out some sort of bow wielder stealthy type. Been playing a Dragonknight mostly though I prefer Templar myself. Going to focus on Hammerfell(? The desert looking place) since I've not tried out that location.

hmm, they said before that if you were a previous stress tester you were automatically invited back. Didn't get an email this time so dunno.
    Will wait and see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

if any spare buddy keys going, I wouldnt mind giving it a shot?

Noxin wrote: »
    hmm, they said before that if you were a previous stress tester you were automatically invited back. Didn't get an email this time so dunno.
    Will wait and see I guess.

Im in the same boat, the last one i didnt get me email until a day after most others.

Seems I got my mail.

One key to give away. First come, first served. PM me if interested.

Ill gladly take it but wont use if i get one before then.

Sent

Thanks mate, i just got my own invite a few mins ago,i replied to you there thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

lemme know if theres a spare still going :) its just for the weekend coming?

mine is back on the market if anyone wants it..

I got a spare key too if anyone wants it. PM me

[EDIT] Gone already. Someone is on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

If anyone has an extra key, please send it my way, I'd love to have a shot at it, looks great

LOL got one from CVG, 4th time i clicked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

ANEG4TN5JLMYHW6LGRWP my second key if anyone needs it, Looking forward to finally trying it out. If all goods well this weekend I might just splash the 80 euro for the game :p

This weekend is a big decider for me too.

I really enjoyed Wildstar last weekend so the current update will make a big decision for me. There are things I like better about both.
    I'll most likely be deleting my character and starting again (again) so will see about these changes to the beginners area too.

Anyone else pretty much have to download the whole game again? I started up the launcher last night and was surprised when it started downloading 22odd GB.

Also FYI, this weekend is a stress test on NA megaservers. Gonna mean a bit more lag for us so take it into account.

Yeah had to redownload also, left it running over night and then had to redownload AGAIN this morning wtf............

I'm thinking about waiting until tomorrow so I would not have to redownload when they release another build this afternoon .... and another build .... and....

• Advertisement

This weekend is a big decider for me too.

Likewise, ive played enough of wildstar to see its going to be excellent.
    But the whole setting and theme of ESO is more appealing to me,knights,magic,trolls and all that stuff.
    I think ESO will have a more immersive world for me too.
    FFS if i keep goign ill buy both games and then theres ROS expansion for Diablo 3 now that D3 is suddenly awesome ill have to get that too.

Advertisement