Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack on Titan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

MOD NOTE: JJayoo I've edited your post to make that a spoiler. I'm not sure how 'big' a spoiler or not it is but I've only seen the TV series and wasn't aware of that so adding the spoiler tags just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Thanks Konata, completely forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm a bit late to the party, Started watching this on Friday. Up to episode 19 now.

Found it very slow in the middle but picking up now again, its excellent.

Great to have another anime series to binge on. But will probably have it finished by tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Just finished it on Netflix, really enjoyed it even though I'm not a huge anime/manga fan

Does the manga follow the TV show? If I want to continue the story where should I start?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

giftgrub wrote: »
    Just finished it on Netflix, really enjoyed it even though I'm not a huge anime/manga fan

Does the manga follow the TV show? If I want to continue the story where should I start?

Yes it does. I think the series ends around chapter 32. A second season is apparently in production for next year and the Junior High spin off is getting an animated version in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

and the Junior High spin off is getting an animated version in October.
    FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like someone messed up somewhere because a dvd screener of the film was leaked

English subs and all, no 720 or 1080 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Is season 3 available to watch with english subs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Gandalph wrote: »
    Is season 3 available to watch with english subs yet?

Is season 2?

• Advertisement

Yeh season 2 sorry, read somewhere that it was out in Japan, could of been rubbish though.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Yeh season 2 sorry, read somewhere that it was out in Japan, could of been rubbish though.

Season 2 hasn't started yet.

Maybe thinking of that Attack on Titan: Junior High series?

Yeh maybe I was, is that any good?

I seriously doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Just finished reading all the chapters , actually obsessed!! I have a theory about how titan shifters syringe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

And, finally, it seems season 2 is confirmed for Spring 2017.

http://screenrant.com/attack-on-titan-season-2-premiere-date/

Pardon the double, but is anyone keeping up with the books? I love how it goes from wholly predictable to absolutely heartbreaking in the space of half a page.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Pardon the double, but is anyone keeping up with the books? I love how it goes from wholly predictable to absolutely heartbreaking in the space of half a page.

Yeah, reading it chapter by chapter on Crunchyroll. Just stopped the free releases of the chapters this month though due to a change in their licencing agreement with Kodansha.

Thankfully I'm a premium subscriber, best €40 you can spend on anime for the 12 month sub.

Aye, my Crunchyroll sub is mainly due to Titan. Plenty of stuff there to justify it otherwise. Stayed up last night for the simulpub and ended up glad I did. The last scene is gonna be spoiled without due context in comment sections the internet over.

Another query, if anyone would know, but is Funimaton's service barely worth it to anyone? I signed up for the free trial and every single program wasn't available in Ireland. I know their licenses are geo-restricted, but the fact it was everything had me wondering was there something wrong.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Aye, my Crunchyroll sub is mainly due to Titan. Plenty of stuff there to justify it otherwise. Stayed up last night for the simulpub and ended up glad I did. The last scene is gonna be spoiled without due context in comment sections the internet over.

Another query, if anyone would know, but is Funimaton's service barely worth it to anyone? I signed up for the free trial and every single program wasn't available in Ireland. I know their licenses are geo-restricted, but the fact it was everything had me wondering was there something wrong.

You must have somehow subscribed to the US service or something. The Irish service has most of the US stuff, two notable exceptions being Dragon Ball and One Piece. Sign up at http://www.funimationnow.ie

Chapter 85 spoilers.
    7 years after it launched, the lads finally made it to the basement. Levi became even more of a hero when he serves as the anti-filler agent.

Also, picked a fine day to resubscribe to Crunchyroll, seeing as they've just announced a partnership with Funimation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was very late to the party, but loved Season 1. And tore through it before Netflix lost the license and removed it. Trailer for Season 2 released; looks very cool (does reveal one integral plot point). Although I was watching it in English dub. May have to watch a couple of Japanese episodes to get used to having to take in subtitles plus the spectacle all at once (and adjust to the different voices)

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Was very late to the party, but loved Season 1. And tore through it before Netflix lost the license and removed it. Trailer for Season 2 released; looks very cool (does reveal one integral plot point). Although I was watching it in English dub. May have to watch a couple of Japanese episodes to get used to having to take in subtitles plus the spectacle all at once (and adjust to the different voices)

If you want to watch season 2 in English the dub episodes should be out within a month of the Japanese broadcast as there is no way Funimation aren't simuldubbing it.

Starting in April, so wonder when it'll be completed, since wouldn't mind binging it.
    I watched the dub as well so think will wait for this dub

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Starting in April, so wonder when it'll be completed, since wouldn't mind binging it.
    I watched the dub as well so think will wait for this dub

Think its scheduled for 25 episodes, same as season 1. As I said the dub should be available week on week within a month of the initial Japanese broadcast, hell wouldn't surprise me if Funimation try to get it out dubbed the same day as they did with Space Dandy and are currently doing with Akiba's Trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Think its scheduled for 25 episodes, same as season 1. As I said the dub should be available week on week within a month of the initial Japanese broadcast, hell wouldn't surprise me if Funimation try to get it out dubbed the same day as they did with Space Dandy and are currently doing with Akiba's Trip.

That would be fantastic!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

Season 2 starting tomorrow methinks..! Hoping its not an April fools..

Wossack wrote: »
    Season 2 starting tomorrow methinks..! Hoping its not an April fools..

It does, only 12 episodes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Good start. Not a huge fan of the new opening and ending themes, but at least there's lots of stuff in the ending credits for the manga readers

Advertisement