Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interstellar (Christopher Nolan) *SPOILERS FROM POST 458 ONWARDS*

• 10-01-2013 10:22am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭

His brother has been attached to this for a while. And so was Spielberg, but it seems Nolan has now stepped in. It's a sci-fi film about explorers who travel through a wormhole into an alternate dimension. It's apparently based on real-world science. The original treatment was written by Caltech physicist Kip S. Thorne.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christopher-nolan-talks-direct-interstellar-410616

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Michael Caine and Hans Zimmer should be expecting a phone call soon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Hard science fiction about time travel & alternate dimensions. Jonathan Nolan script. Christopher Nolan Directing.

That sounds very promising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Not exactly new ground for Nolan.
    Part of me would like to see how he'd do with a straight up comedy or romcom.
    Thought he could do no wrong up until the nonsensical TDKR, I was a fanboy before that car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Caine apparently already has being spoke to about being in it. I remember him some time last year talking about a secret project Nolan was doing, I presume this is it.

This should fill the sci-fi void that is left by Robopocalypse, now that its not happening, or not happening anytime soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,797 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Matthew McConaughey is suppose to be attached now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Sliders: The Movie, at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Matthew McConaughey is suppose to be attached now

oh ffs, the shirtless one

now there is one "actor" I cant stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

kingtiger wrote: »

I didn't like him before but Killer Joe renewed my faith in him. Think he pulled off one of the most unsettling performances of 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Not exactly new ground for Nolan.
    Part of me would like to see how he'd do with a straight up comedy or romcom.

Why?

He's not a comedy or rom com director. I would have thought that was at least glaringly obvious based on the genres he has directed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Matthew McConaughey can be a very good actor but he needs a character to play. When he plays himself his performances are just awful but when he can get his teeth into something like Killer Joe and Magic Mike he can be very good.

Movie idea sounds great and I'm sure Nolan will do the idea justice. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I didn't like him before but Killer Joe renewed my faith in him. Think he pulled off one of the most unsettling performances of 2012.

The Lincoln Lawyer renewed my faiht in him. Magic Mike and Killer Joe sealed the deal. Seems since he's got married and settled down, he's taken the acting lark a bit more serious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

More Kari Wurher please

Anne Hathaway latest name attached now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anne Hathaway latest name attached now

Mediumly happy at that...

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

kingtiger wrote: »

Stewie agrees.
    Terrible audio but worth it nonetheless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Hoyte Van Hoytema (Let the Right One In, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Fighter) is Nolan's new cinematographer

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fruvai wrote: »
    Hoyte Van Hoytema (Let the Right One In, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Fighter) is Nolan's new cinematographer

No Wally Pfister? he's shot all Nolan's movies so far wonder what made him change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

krudler wrote: »
    No Wally Pfister? he's shot all Nolan's movies so far wonder what made him change.

Hes doing his own thing now as a director.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Stewie agrees.
    Terrible audio but worth it nonetheless :)

some more bashing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hoytema is an fantastic choice. He's is known for his diffuse, low colour cinematography, which is very filmic and couldn't be any further from the current Hollywood obsession with sharpness and orange & teal. I was expecting a Hollywood heavy-hitter with experience with large formats and a preference for celluloid, such as Robert Elswit. But Hoytema is a much more interesting choice. Let the Right One In's cinematography creates an atmosphere of lonely isolation that really adds to the storytelling. Compare this to the lighting in the American remake which is typical horror movie cinematography.

• Advertisement

Hoytema is an fantastic choice. He's is known for his diffuse, low colour cinematography, which is very filmic and couldn't be any further from the current Hollywood obsession with sharpness and orange & teal. I was expecting a Hollywood heavy-hitter with experience with large formats and a preference for celluloid, such as Robert Elswit. But Hoytema is a much more interesting choice. Let the Right One In's cinematography creates an atmosphere of lonely isolation that really adds to the storytelling. Compare this to the lighting in the American remake which is typical horror movie cinematography.

I really liked how the original LTROI was shot, very bleak

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Michael Cane has joined the cast and Jessica Chastain is in talks as well.

Michael Cane has joined the cast and Jessica Chastain is in talks as well.

JGL, Hans Zimmer, Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe, Gary Oldman and Tom Hardy all await calls :pac:

Topher Grace in talks to join now

Matt Damon has now joined the cast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

A few set pics have shown up

http://imgur.com/a/z2QEu?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And that's John Lithgow in the 2nd/3rd pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Not much to go on but god I could listen to MMc's voice all day. :pac:

• Advertisement

A year?

But, but, but, I want it now!

Advertisement