Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTÉ GE Debates - Chair & Format

Options
  • 01-02-2011 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭

Juts read elsewhere that Miriam O'Callaghan's councillor brother Jim has been elevated to FF's front bench, so without further ado I'll speculate (probably wrongly) that she won't be chairing any leader debates.

Who is left?

Pat Kenny
    Sean O'Rourke
    Richard Crowley
    Bryan Dobson
    ...Daire O'Brien??!

I'd prefer a panel of experts (economics, business, education etc) myself and the chair to be just that - a conduit between the questioners and the leaders.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

None of the above.
    Why do you think it will stop Miriam chairing the debate though ? We all know RTÉ are inextricably linked to FF anyway, not like it's some big secret.

Would prefer all the party leaders snub RTÉ completely due to the public perception they have a clear inability to remain unbiased in coverage and questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Surely RTE will be changing their opionion of FF since they will hardly be in power after the next GE, so they should be lick a$sing the next party who will be paying their wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

O'Rourke would be the best person out of that list - Would be good to see John Bowman make a return, although perhaps better suited for the poll count day instead.

This is RTE though - so Miriam will prob still do it, or if not, Tubridy might have to step in. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

gambiaman wrote: »
    Juts read elsewhere that Miriam O'Callaghan's councillor brother Jim has been elevated to FF's front bench, so without further ado I'll speculate (probably wrongly) that she won't be chairing any leader debates.

Who is left?

Pat Kenny
    Sean O'Rourke
    Richard Crowley
    Bryan Dobson
    ...Daire O'Brien??!

I'd prefer a panel of experts (economics, business, education etc) myself and the chair to be just that - a conduit between the questioners and the leaders.

Charlie Bird? So he won't be so lonely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

They should hire in Vincent Brown for the gig, it'd be colourful if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Id' love to know if people thought a panel rather than O'Callaghna/ORourke/Kenny etc firing questions at them would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

as long as its not miriam o'callaghan she's a terrible interviewer

i doubt i'l watch them anyway, pointlessi cant beleive that people make there minds up on a stage managed event like this, actually thats why we had the governments we have over the last few years i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Koyasan

I don't think I could take it seriously if John Bowman isn't doing it.
    On format, it's got to have 5 leaders. It'll make it far more interesting.

Advertisement