Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you want to say to husband/boyf/ex's/friends/family/people *MOD NOTE POST #1*

• 05-11-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi just curious has there ever been a time where you wanted to tell something to someone but couldn't what did you want to say.

Dear ________

You made me so upset today that I could barely breathe I wish it didn't have to be like this and you could be more mature about it. I can't see a future if there not involved because at the end of the day that's all I wanted. You broke my heart.

MOD NOTE

This thread just does what is says on the tin - please post in another more appropriate thread/forum if you want to give advice/comment on posts/chat to other posters.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Dear people who treated me badly in the past (ex's, "friends", randomers, the lot)

Thank you for helping me become the person I am today, without you I wouldn't;

Appreciate the nicer things in life.
    Have seen who my true friends were.
    Be a stronger individual.

I'm sure there's lots more that I'm thankful for but I don't really give you people a lot of thought nowadays. No hard feelings, I hope you are all well and wish you the best in the future.

Will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Dear ____
    I wish you were here and we were still friends because I do miss you, our chats and hanging out I never thought a silly fight would mess things up. I'm sorry.

Dear_____
    You have no right to judge me the way you did I never did anything wrong to you I wasn't the one to hurt you. Any bad things I ever said to you was to defend myself from you hurtful remarks you gave, I was young but I was still a person not the cruel thing you described me as. You only saw your side and didn't think how any of it effected me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Dear (Ex boyfriend),

Look what you're missing......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You know when you can see something really clearly about a person, but they can't see it themselves? I'd love to tell my ex all of that. None of it is mean, but it's nothing he'll want to hear either (how he self-sabotages every opportunity he gets etc). I wish he could see what I can, but I doubt there's any point in saying it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Dear X,Y and Z,

I hope you enjoyed the pain and upset you put me through before I went to college, making my last few months an absolute misery. Jokes on you though as I'm actually doing something with my life, while you're still sitting on your arse with the same boyfriend you had years ago!

Try and catch up! :)

SD

Dear so and so,
    Thanks for giving me the kick in the arse I finally needed to get out of my rut. You helped me when I was low, but I put up a front so you would never see how **** I was feeling underneath it all. You were the beginning of a new chapter of my life in Dublin. You helped me develop a certain confidence another someone took away from me, which now I'm told is a very attractive point of mine! :)

Cheers

SD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

My Dearest Daddy,
    You always told me I didn't appreciate you enough- then start humming "You'll never miss your mother 'til she's buried beneath the clay".
    You were absolutely spot on. I just never imagined that you would leave us so soon, or that there would be such a void left in my life.
    The past year or so of our relationship we fought like cat and dog. With the benefit of hindsight I know now why: I am you. I have your temper, you mannerisms, but most of all your stubborn nature. This horrifies and amuses me in equal measure :).
    If I could turn back the clock, well...
    When you dropped me to secondary school and asked for a kiss at the gates? I wouldn't worry about looking 'cool'. When you told me stories about your childhood, instead of turning up the volume on the radio, I would have given you my full attention. Instead of getting frustrated by your pushing me to go to college, get a job, whatever, I would have realised that you never wanted to pressurize me... You were just so proud of me you thought the world needed to know what I can do.
    My last words to you would change- I told you to "F off and die", and funnily enough, you had a heart attack a few hours later. The first time you ever did what I told you to. Knowing what I do now, I'd tell you that you were great, you were the best, and I was so lucky and blessed to have you for my father.
    Love, eternally,
    Your Little Girl x

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh god that post about your father has me in serious tears here.

I live about 3 hours from my home place and always feel guilty that I dont get to see my family enough, especiallly if god forbid anything ever happens to any of them. Plus I'm a total daddys girl

Hope you're doing ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

dont worry kab dads fight with there parents as well. i imagine if he could answer you he would tell you not to be upset. its something we do when growing up.
    please god it will help you forgive your son or daughter when you fight with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Dear ex's family.

I'm no small fish. Watch out for the Sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I write letters to people and then never give them to them. It really helps to get your feelings out. Wish I had the guts to give them sometimes, but I don't like to hurt people's feelings, even if they have hurt me a lot.

Dear ex boyfriend

You are an asshole. We used to be in love and you treat me like a one night stand. I did nothing but love you and you used my feelings to get what you wanted. I've never felt so used and disrespected in my life, I expected so much more from you, who used to say that I mattered more than anything in your life and you change so suddenly and harshly. And the fact that you know damn well what kind of emotional effect your actions have on me, you know how upset and worthless I feel. You are an emotional retard and if you keep treating girls like this you will end up sad and alone for the rest of your life. Don't expect me to wait around for you, I'm never taking you back again.

Hugs and kisses xxx

If only I could get angry and say this to his face, he deserves to hear it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

There was a girl last year who was my best friend and I had a huge crush on her. I came out to her, and she pretended to be ok with it. I'll never forgive her for not just telling her real best friend, but flinching away from me any time I came near. I want her to know I could see that fear and disgust in her eyes, even if she didn't think I did, and I'll never forgive her for that. Whats worse is she still thinks she's cool for being 'friends' with a gay person.

Also, my first year hockey coach, who is now back in the school: you were horrible to me!! And your eyebrows are a disgrace!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kablamo! wrote: »
    My Dearest Daddy,
    You always told me I didn't appreciate you enough- then start humming "You'll never miss your mother 'til she's buried beneath the clay".
    You were absolutely spot on. I just never imagined that you would leave us so soon, or that there would be such a void left in my life.
    The past year or so of our relationship we fought like cat and dog. With the benefit of hindsight I know now why: I am you. I have your temper, you mannerisms, but most of all your stubborn nature. This horrifies and amuses me in equal measure :).
    If I could turn back the clock, well...
    When you dropped me to secondary school and asked for a kiss at the gates? I wouldn't worry about looking 'cool'. When you told me stories about your childhood, instead of turning up the volume on the radio, I would have given you my full attention. Instead of getting frustrated by your pushing me to go to college, get a job, whatever, I would have realised that you never wanted to pressurize me... You were just so proud of me you thought the world needed to know what I can do.
    My last words to you would change- I told you to "F off and die", and funnily enough, you had a heart attack a few hours later. The first time you ever did what I told you to. Knowing what I do now, I'd tell you that you were great, you were the best, and I was so lucky and blessed to have you for my father.
    Love, eternally,
    Your Little Girl x
    Beautifully written post. Like a poster above, it made me cry... Condolences... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dear Aiden, you turned me into someone I never wanted to be... I did everything for you, did everything you wanted and it still wasn't enough!? You picked on everything I did and said, you are a homophobic pr!ck and made me feel guilty for being friends with my best friend... You made me feel like a slut for talking about and to my class mates, I had to talk to and about them I was with them most of each day!?

You said you weren't jealous but you got so sh!tty when I talked to guys and ironically you were the one who cheated on me and kept it secret for 3 years! You broke my heart twice when you dumped me and I was so stupid to go back... You never supported me in anything, you said sh!te things after my cousin, my best friend and go-to-guy died!? You didn't want me to have friends or family, you controlled all my life and fcuked me up...

But I've moved on, I am a smart, nice, caring person and you just made me stronger and realise I don't need w@nkers in my life and I deserve proper happiness, so thanks for showing me that, I also laugh at how, ironically, you turned into your dad although you tried so hard not to be!

Jokes on you ass!

To all the other non-specific arseholes who were in my life ye also made me stronger and look how I changed, can't say the same about ye :)

Thanks for starting this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Dear Ciarán,

I'm really sorry for being an asshole to you that time.

NW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spinningwheel

Dear P.

your fist doesn't control her anymore and shes soooooooo happy. im not the quite little girl anymore. just wait till the day i see you again. P***k.

Dear V.

Im sorry :(.. im so so sorry!! but i can't help it.

Eirik,

The day you went from being my best friend to being the love of my life is still one I fondly remember. For 2.5 years we went through it all; a serious illness, divorce, a custody battle and then living 9 hours and thousands of miles apart. When we were together, it was like nothing else matter except you and me. When we were apart, it felt like time was standing still. I can't think of anyone in my life who has done all the things you did for me and I never appreciated it at the time, you were devoted and the connection we shared unbreakable. You're still the last thing I think of before I fall asleep, the first person I think of when I wake and if I wake during the night, I lie for ages remembering everything we shared and wondering why I walked away. Neither of us was able to make the ultimate sacrifice and give up their life for the other and after my recent break up, it just clicked, I've spent the last two years searching for what I already had. We had everything and dumbass here just walked away, and refused you every time you tried to 'win' me back.

I hope you find the love and companionship you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 monroebaby

Dear P.

I will never stop loving you as long as I draw breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Dear grandad,

I wish I let you know more often how much you mean to me. I wish you knew that no matter how bad things have ever been, or how low I've ever felt, the very fact of being lucky enough to have you in my life always made me feel better. I wish I knew what to do without you. Knowing you for every single second of my life is the best thing that's ever happened to me, will always be the best thing but it might be worst too, 'cause I think I'll forever be lost without you.

Thanks for teaching me about love - not with words or by giving in to my every little demand... but by being the constant, the one person I never doubted, the one who never caused any tears but dried thousands. I always thought to myself that it must be something bigger than love, 'cause so many people say, "It's the ones closest to you who hurt you the most"... But that's wrong, isn't it? 'Cause I can't think of one time, not even one, when I was upset by you. And it's not that it's easy to forget the bad times. I've tried and tried to remember a moment when maybe you raised your voice 'cause I was stepping on your flowers, but I can't 'cause no moment existed. You've loved me so much that without thinking, you've protected me and I hope I always gave you the same back.

When I was younger, people used to say that I had you wrapped around my little finger... You always had yourself wrapped around mine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Smallbit

Dear ex-husband
    It's a source of constant irritation to me that neither you, nor any of our old 'friends' seem to understand why I left you.

You were increasingly obnoxious, oblivious, and patronizing to me over our 20 years together. You sneered at my lack of education yet resisted my efforts to return to study when our children were almost raised.

You never supported a single initiative of mine, you never remembered a birthday, you never acknowledged my role, and yet you still act like the injured party because I left you.

Just because you never physically hit me doesn't mean it didn't hurt. Just because your motives weren't malicious doesn't mean you are blameless.

If you can begin to try to understand this, you might now be able to act like a mature adult when I'm forced by circumstance to be in your company.

Not Yours...

Dear M******,

I should have told you when you walked into my workplace, or when I saw you on the train, that you have taken something from me that I'm still slowly fighting to get back, but even then my mouth went dry and I froze. I wonder how you'd feel if you knew though.

I know I'm loud and opinionated, and that I can be very irritating, but it's the best way to cover up how terrified I am whenever people get too close to me. I am pushing people away because I still can't get over how vulnerable and frightened you made me in my own house, simply because I said no, or how close I was to not being able to fight you off.

I worry that you've done that to someone else since, and she hasn't been able to push you away and kick you out. I feel guilty that I didn't put my hand up and admit that I was scared that you lived so close by. I'm afraid that you've hurt someone like you wanted to hurt me and it's my fault for not doing something.

I was always a big girl, but for years after you I ate how I felt, and now I'm fighting against that too. I feel like a failure because I let something that happened so long ago take me over. I worry that I'm going to be lonely for the rest of my life if I can't just move on and put this behind me. I feel like a drama queen, like I'm being silly and it's stupid to panic every time someone gets too close. I'm afraid that it was my fault. I'm afraid that no wasn't enough. A big part of me thinks I was in the wrong. I know I wasn't, but even I don't believe it. How could I expect anyone else to believe me if I don't believe myself?

I actually don't wish you any malice. I just hope you've never done what you tried to do to me to anyone else. Nothing really happened, so I could cope with knowing I was a fluke, just too much drink and stupidity.

I'd like to say I'm getting there, that I'm working on it and I'm going to be fine with men any day now. Maybe I will get to that point, but not just yet.

DD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭mojesius

Dear Stranger in school,

I never saw you again to thank you for reaching out to someone in need. I'm eternally grateful for your compassion and wish you the very best in life.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Dear Girl-who-helped-me-up,

I know I was a first year, and you were a sixth year, and I was mortified, but I'd probably still be on my back in the middle of the road on that ice like a stranded turtle because of my schoolbag with my skirt around my waist if you handn't helped me up. Everyone else was too busy pointing and laughing.

I know I ran off with barely a mumbled thanks, but I really appreciated it.

I hope you're well!

Blush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dear Ex-Boyfriend.

You owe my dad 350e for the flight he paid for for you.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Dearest Mother,
    my life has not always been easy with you, you were a hurtful person. Jealous of your own daughters. The lies you told me were horrible. Involving me in your affairs was wrong, I was only 11. My poor father he always loved you and forgave you. You turned each of your children against each other for your own benefit in the most horrible way.
    Your dead now and I dont miss you at all. Isn't that a sad to to have to admit.
    My children will be devastated when I pass on. Becaused I have loved them.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

Dear D,

I wish I sh*gged you while I had the chance,

Best,
    S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Yes you are smaller than average.

Dear Ex-Boyfriend

I am still in love with you and I know if I called you right now and told you it would be perfect. Yes, like you said we do belong together but to be honest that scares me! Some days I make myself believe I love being single but in all honesty all I want to do is be with you. I want to marry you and live with you and have babies with you but I'm so scared about it all I can't do it! I'm sorry for all this, you deserve better than me.

Dear NOB

Yes, you are a bitch and even your parents have realised it at this stage. I feel sorry for you. You always put me down, I was meant to be your best friend and you walked all over me! I hope you having fun now being alone because every other friend you've had you've done the same to them...

Funny thing..I don't hate you, I just want to say thanks..you changed me to the person I am now! I like me now and so do a lot of other people!!

Thanks!! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

Person 1: I know you take some kind of perverse pride in the fact that you think you completely f**ked up my life, but you really didn't. You're not that important. And I'm willing to bet that you are more messed up than I will ever be.

Person 2: YOUR EXTENSIONS LOOK RIDICULOUS.

Person 3: You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.

Person 4: You were not worth all that time or angst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Dear Mammy,
    I have tried so hard to love you as best I can.
    My father always told me you had a sickness; but now I'm older, I realise that despite common thought it is not a sickness- it is a greed.
    I have followed you to the shops asking if I am not more important to you than the drink is... and despite your answers you always end up drunk.
    You have said the most unimaginable, hurtful things to me- "Rot in hell with your father" would be one, but I know that somewhere inside you, you understand what you're doing and don't like it. How you can choose whiskey above our family life is beyond me, but sadly I respect it. You have your own issues and you don't know how to deal with them. If you ever opened up there is a mass of people waiting with open arms to heal your hurt.
    I have an awful lot of anger, and I suppose issues would be the most appropriate word, involving you, but;
    Guess what?
    It's just me and you now, and Dad never gave up on you. I won't either.
    Love you no matter what,
    Kablamo!

Advertisement