Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anything Maiden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cnk38

New Maiden video on their website. Like 'El Dorado' I wasn't too impressed on the first listen but that's grown on me a bit (although I still don't think it's as good as any of the other 2nd Bruce era stuff) so maybe this will too.

The video itself is a bit crap I think and the special effects noises from it sometimes take over the video and drown out the music.

I'm apprehensive about this album now

have to argee with you there.did nt know if i was watchin battlestar gallictica or listenin to the song at one stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I've been re-discovering, and falling in love with Maiden all over again, over the last week or so (got the X Factor on right now).
    Its' been a few years since I last gave them a good airing. I have to say, vast majority of it sounds as fresh and as exciting as when I first discovered them as a teen in the nineties. Can't wait to hear the new stuff, although fellow fans seem to be giving it a lukewarm reception. Still, I'll judge for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Final Frontier is reviewed indepth in this month's Classic Rock.

The gist of the review can be summed up with the closing paragraph from it.

"Far too densely-layered and substantial to be digested in one sitting. The Final Frontier is an album that may test the resolve of the casual observer, but then Maiden have never needed such patronage. The faithful, in their millions, will adore every last second."
    9/10

It also notes that Smith is much more to the fore on this album, both in terms of song writing and gutar work. The last time that happened we got Somewhere In Time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Is the Album released yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Is the Album released yet?

August 16th (which means we'll probably get it on the 13th)

Yep the 13th is the Irish release date.

Have to say that the packaging is not pleasing me.

The regular version of the album is a cardboard digipack and the edition above that is the cardboard digi pack inside a little metal box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yep the 13th is the Irish release date.

Have to say that the packaging is not pleasing me.

The regular version of the album is a cardboard digipack and the edition above that is the cardboard digi pack inside a little metal box.

Or the MP3 i'll be downloading will just be the music on my hard drive ;)

Just seen this set list (on another thread) of Maiden's from there last gig in the RDS back in 05

I've seen Maiden many times but this for me has to be the best ever set list i've had from them

1.Murders In The Rue Morgue
    2.Another Life
    3.Prowler
    4.The Trooper
    5.Remember Tomorrow
    6.Where Eagles Dare
    7.Run to the Hills
    8.Revelations
    9.Wrathchild
    10.Die With Your Boots on
    11.Phantom Of The Opera
    12.The Number of the Beast
    13.Hallowed Be Thy Name
    14.Iron Maiden
    Encore:
    15.Running Free
    16.Drifter
    17.Sanctuary

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just seen this set list (on another thread) of Maiden's from there last gig in the RDS back in 05

I've seen Maiden many times but this for me has to be the best ever set list i've had from them

1.Murders In The Rue Morgue
    2.Another Life
    3.Prowler
    4.The Trooper
    5.Remember Tomorrow
    6.Where Eagles Dare
    7.Run to the Hills
    8.Revelations
    9.Wrathchild
    10.Die With Your Boots on
    11.Phantom Of The Opera
    12.The Number of the Beast
    13.Hallowed Be Thy Name
    14.Iron Maiden
    Encore:
    15.Running Free
    16.Drifter
    17.Sanctuary

ive been in two minds whether to go or not for ages.
    seen them last time at the point where they played
    nearly all from their most recent album at the time
    and feck all else.
    im not awful impressed with the set list this time
    i know theres a lot of recent stuff in it or rather
    from their last three albums.
    for me the clincher wouldve been if dance of death was included
    this was from 2 canadian concerts last month.
    now if only phantom of the opera was on it
    id be besides myself with joy

Set List:

The Wicker Man
    Ghost Of The Navigator
    Wrathchild
    El Dorado
    Paschendale
    The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
    These Colours Don't Run
    Blood Brothers
    Wildest Dreams
    No More Lies
    Brave New World
    Fear Of The Dark
    Iron Maiden

Encore:
    The Number of the Beast
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Running Free

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    ive been in two minds whether to go or not for ages.
    seen them last time at the point where they played
    nearly all from their most recent album at the time
    and feck all else.
    im not awful impressed with the set list this time
    i know theres a lot of recent stuff in it or rather
    from their last three albums.
    for me the clincher wouldve been if dance of death was included
    this was from 2anadian concerts last month.
    now if only phantom of the opera was on it
    id be besides myself with joy

Set List:

The Wicker Man
    Ghost Of The Navigator
    Wrathchild
    El Dorado
    Paschendale
    The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
    These Colours Don't Run
    Blood Brothers
    Wildest Dreams
    No More Lies
    Brave New World
    Fear Of The Dark
    Iron Maiden

Encore:
    The Number of the Beast
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Running Free

Drop me a pm if ya come, buy ya a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Drop me a pm if ya come, buy ya a pint

thanks

will do as ill be flying solo if i do get there

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Kess73 wrote: »

It also notes that Smith is much more to the fore on this album, both in terms of song writing and gutar work. The last time that happened we got Somewhere In Time

'Somewhere In Time' was/is a class album, and is actually my all time favourite Maiden album next to 'Piece of Mind'. Adrians guitar work on 'Somewhere In Time' is truly class, so I'll be interested to hear this new album, but sceptical at the same time, because I've heard 'Eldorado' and I wasn't in that impressed with it. I just hope the rest of the album will be much more impressive, and will have a lot of awesome lead guitar riffs and majestic solos. I also hope that it is much much better than the last album which I found to only alright with some outstanding songs, but some songs that left a lot to desired.
    Or the MP3 i'll be downloading will just be the music on my hard drive ;)

I'll be downloading it myself when it comes out to see what its like first. If I really love it, I'll definitely buy it, and buy the special edition of it, but if it has only a couple of songs that are class, and the rest is no good I won't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

The Classic Rock interview was interesting, it was basically saying there's a lot of stuff in there that isn't "typical" Maiden and this is definitely not a band resting on their laurels. It's also their longest album, clocking in at around 76 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

blastman wrote: »
    The Classic Rock interview was interesting, it was basically saying there's a lot of stuff in there that isn't "typical" Maiden and this is definitely not a band resting on their laurels. It's also their longest album, clocking in at around 76 minutes!

Thats quite some running time for a Maiden album. I just hope it will be much better than the previous album, Which I found to be a bit on the disappointing side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I mostly listened to Number of the Beast, Powerslave and a few tracks off Piece of Mind before the gig the other night but I'm listening to all of their other stuff since then. I've listened to Piece of Mind and Dance of Death in full and now I'm giving Brave New World a spin and I love it. :D

Their new album should be a cracker.

Lookin forward to there new album.

That's why i wasn't bothered when i heard that the new tour would mainly be from the last 3 albums, cos they've been very strong albums, now if Metallica had said that on the St Anger tour i'd have **** bricks!!!!!

Any idea why Maiden have been wearing the same clothes throughout the tour? I know not exactly the same, as prob have 10 of each, but ya get my meaning, Bruce in a PsychWard t-shirt and Steve in his Whale, Oil, Beef, Hooked shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lookin forward to there new album.

That's why i wasn't bothered when i heard that the new tour would mainly be from the last 3 albums, cos they've been very strong albums, now if Metallica had said that on the St Anger tour i'd have **** bricks!!!!!

Any idea why Maiden have been wearing the same clothes throughout the tour? I know not exactly the same, as prob have 10 of each, but ya get my meaning, Bruce in a PsychWard t-shirt and Steve in his Whale, Oil, Beef, Hooked shirt

I think they're recording for a DVD?? They probably want continuity??

I mostly listened to Number of the Beast, Powerslave and a few tracks off Piece of Mind before the gig the other night but I'm listening to all of their other stuff since then. I've listened to Piece of Mind and Dance of Death in full and now I'm giving Brave New World a spin and I love it. :D

Their new album should be a cracker.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same about St Anger & Death Magnetic but was extremely underwhelmed by both.

What's everybody's take on the relationship wit Bruce and Steve?

Check this interview out wit Ozzy (sell out IMO, the real Ozzy died years ago)

As previously reported, Ozzy Osbourne slammed IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson in a new interview with The Quietus over an incident that occurred on the 2005 Ozzfest tour. During an August 20 show in San Bernardino, California, Sharon Osbourne allegedly messed with MAIDEN's sound and had the band pelted with eggs onstage, after claiming that Dickinson had made disparaging remarks about her husband throughout the tour.

Ozzy told The Quietus about the incident, "Unbeknown to me, every night he was going on stage slagging me off. And that wasn't fair. If he didn't like the ****in' tour, he should have said "I'm jumping (off) the ****in' tour," but to go on stage and ****in' slag me off for no reason . . . If you've got something to talk to me about, be a man. Come to my face and say, "I think you're a ****in' asshole." Don't be a ****in' idiot. It's so pathetically childish."

Ozzy added, "To this day I don't understand what the ****in' beef was. I just don't get it. To go on the Ozzfest and slag (people) off, that's crazy. I really think he needs a ****in' psychiatrist if he does that, he's ****ing nuts. It's an irresponsible ****in' thing to do. Sharon must have got pissed off with this ****, you know."

Sharon never denied her involvement, but at the time Ozzy told The Pulse of Radio that he wanted nothing to do with it. "I had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what went down, because I do not condone any of that kind of crap," he said. "Even though the singer was saying bad things, so I heard, I never heard it 'cause I'd never went and seen them. But that very night, the bass player (Steve Harris) comes into my dressing room and said to me, 'I'd like to apologize for our singer.' I was absolutely confused what this guy was on about."

VELVET REVOLVER replaced MAIDEN on that tour for the last seven shows after the egg incident.

MAIDEN manager Rod Smallwood later lashed out at Sharon Osbourne publicly, saying, "In 30 years in this business...I have never seen anything anywhere near as disgusting and unprofessional as what went on that night."

If thats true then i guess Bruce was raging, some other things, when Bruce came back, Steve keepin Jan in the band looked to me like a middle finger to Bruce, as in "It's still my band"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

If thats true then i guess Bruce was raging, some other things, when Bruce came back, Steve keepin Jan in the band looked to me like a middle finger to Bruce, as in "It's still my band"[/QUOTE]

it was bruce who brought jan into the band in the first place.
    he worked with bruce with his solo albums.

trey99 wrote: »
    If thats true then i guess Bruce was raging, some other things, when Bruce came back, Steve keepin Jan in the band looked to me like a middle finger to Bruce, as in "It's still my band"

it was bruce who brought jan into the band in the first place.
    he worked with bruce with his solo albums.

I know that, but then Bruce left, and i heard one of his conditions that he came back was that H came with him, maybe he was expecting Jan to leave but Steve put his foot down.

Just that watching them on tour, there doesn't seem to be much interaction at all between the 2 of them (Bruce & Steve)

I know that, but then Bruce left, and i heard one of his conditions that he came back was that H came with him, maybe he was expecting Jan to leave but Steve put his foot down.

Just that watching them on tour, there doesn't seem to be much interaction at all between the 2 of them (Bruce & Steve)

Conspiracy theory ftw. :rolleyes: If they(Bruce & Steve)don't get on, then why the f**k would they still be in the same band together??? :confused:

As previously reported, Ozzy Osbourne slammed IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson in a new interview with The Quietus over an incident that occurred on the 2005 Ozzfest tour. During an August 20 show in San Bernardino, California, Sharon Osbourne allegedly messed with MAIDEN's sound and had the band pelted with eggs onstage, after claiming that Dickinson had made disparaging remarks about her husband throughout the tour.

Ozzy told The Quietus about the incident, "Unbeknown to me, every night he was going on stage slagging me off. And that wasn't fair. If he didn't like the ****in' tour, he should have said "I'm jumping (off) the ****in' tour," but to go on stage and ****in' slag me off for no reason . . . If you've got something to talk to me about, be a man. Come to my face and say, "I think you're a ****in' asshole." Don't be a ****in' idiot. It's so pathetically childish."

Ozzy added, "To this day I don't understand what the ****in' beef was. I just don't get it. To go on the Ozzfest and slag (people) off, that's crazy. I really think he needs a ****in' psychiatrist if he does that, he's ****ing nuts. It's an irresponsible ****in' thing to do. Sharon must have got pissed off with this ****, you know."

Sharon never denied her involvement, but at the time Ozzy told The Pulse of Radio that he wanted nothing to do with it. "I had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what went down, because I do not condone any of that kind of crap," he said. "Even though the singer was saying bad things, so I heard, I never heard it 'cause I'd never went and seen them. But that very night, the bass player (Steve Harris) comes into my dressing room and said to me, 'I'd like to apologize for our singer.' I was absolutely confused what this guy was on about."

VELVET REVOLVER replaced MAIDEN on that tour for the last seven shows after the egg incident.

MAIDEN manager Rod Smallwood later lashed out at Sharon Osbourne publicly, saying, "In 30 years in this business...I have never seen anything anywhere near as disgusting and unprofessional as what went on that night."

Well it is. He formed the band.

Reckon it is just more bull from Ozzy. His other gem in recent weeks was that he predicted the death of Diana before it happened, but only remembered he did so in a recent interview.

Harris came out after the egg gig in the States and slammed the Osbournes over how they acted, so I doubt if he turned up in the dressing room to say sorry to Ozzy, especially as there was already friction with the way Ozzy kept missing shows.

Poor ol' Ozzy. He should retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ozzy's a gob****e. Ignore him , hopefully he'll go away and stop pissing on his own heritage while there's still some left.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

hmmm.. i don't see much tension between them at all, there still pretty much the same live and there is no conflict i don't think.

but nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Who's "H"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

trey99 wrote: »
    hmmm.. i don't see much tension between them at all, there still pretty much the same live and there is no conflict i don't think.

but nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Bruce rejoined the band what 11 years ago now.

If there was an issue between them they probably wouldn't be together at this stage

Advertisement