Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That looks amazing Ollie. Only just noted the Outrun peaking out the side on the left there a second ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

BGOllie wrote: »

56553742_10157177513548276_7984919935040094208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=80dce43ff6fb88fec9f3623af8072154&oe=5D47F73C
    now moved to the arcade room . we're full!!! :)

56968278_10157178514518276_2330640617077473280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=24cf352df4e29bb234aeffc2c343aaa0&oe=5D03256A

Great! Reeaaaly great! Fantastic collection there. Bet it all sounds fantastic too with the attract modes on. If only I had the space :(

looking good.
    where is your pinball ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

right behind the outrun cap. hard to get everything in one shot in that room. there's donkey kong and bombjack too behind that 1942

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

you can see the lockdown bar

• Advertisement

Was having a look at vaps and theyre going through model numbers of every arcade cabinet to determine production runs (how many were ever made)

Unless the numbers are skewed (possible), I think my punchout cabinet is the "newest" recorded worldwide. In other words, the last recorded cabinet off the production line.

Means nothing, but kinda cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

beejee wrote: »
    Was having a look at vaps and theyre going through model numbers of every arcade cabinet to determine production runs (how many were ever made)

Unless the numbers are skewed (possible), I think my punchout cabinet is the "newest" recorded worldwide. In other words, the last recorded cabinet off the production line.

Means nothing, but kinda cool :)

It's a cool cabinet anyway! Big fan of it, any idea what the production run was?

Its a cool machine (if I ever bother to replace that ko button!). It reminds me of the captain N cartoon, pity there was never a kid ikarus cabinet too :P

The highest number before mine was 9000 odd, and mine is in the 13000 range. Quite a lot of them were made!
    So I have one of the oldest oldest Nintendo cabinets, and one of the newest oldest :P

I see someone has red tent number 10, that's gonna be hard to beat!

Got a bootleg rtype running, its a strange one, it only seems to boot properly every other attempt. Im sure its down to the power supply barely giving it enough welly.

As far as I can tell its indistinguishable from the irem board, some bootlegs (rarely) are as good as the real thing.

Also got another ghosts n goblins boot going, again, very finnicky with power supply, you have to get it just right. Just like the rtype, I cant really see any differences between it and the real thing.

DSC-1187.jpg

Lastly, I got the adapters for Taito's Halleys Comet. Its powering up fine, everytime. Music plays, sound effects okay, can coin up and play it. But the graphics are a mess. I have the psu turned up as high as it can go, but im still only getting about 4.6v on the furthest chips, so its practically guaranteed to be the problem. Annoying!

i-canna-do-it-captain-i-just-dont-have-the-power.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

On my Ghost n Goblins boot I had to short 2 pins on the Jamma to get it to work, could be the same as the R-Type. i'll check when I get home

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    On my Ghost n Goblins boot I had to short 2 pins on the Jamma to get it to work, could be the same as the R-Type. i'll check when I get home

Appreciate that, but no need to go to any trouble. Once I know it takes a couple tries to get going, that's all I need. I'll put a tag on the board for a reminder.

Spent my Friday night testing an airbuster. About 2 straight hours of frustration, the game ALMOST booting. So I think Ive had it with arcade stuff for a while, spending more time fiddling with stuff than actually playing anything. A long break from it is needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Anyone know if that D1GP cab is still in cineworld ?
    or whats there at all

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

The op in Waterford is back again listing cabs on adverts. E.g. Rave raver twin for 450. Monitors alone would sell for close to that

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade/17777894

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Rave raver

90s-rave-fashion-1.jpg

:D

360 spinning around the corners with this blasting out

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Looks like a time crisis 1 beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Very very rare to see a working rave racer come up.

Price seems to good to be true.

Yeah, looks like time crisis beside it

Master of the Universe

Finally got my SNK ashtray holder in the post, it's really gorgeous. Never thought in a million years I'd ever get one of these - not that I need an ash tray, just having that little stump with something missing on the CP has always annoyed me.

IMG-20190425-140155970.jpg

Stump removed. It actually still had it's original C clip in place

IMG-20190425-140323334-HDR.jpg

Along with the remnants of the last broken holder. Was rusted in and a bitch to get out

IMG-20190425-140637353.jpg

New holder all clipped into place

IMG-20190425-141348259-HDR.jpg

It all attaches really simply with a couple of screws on the inside of the CP

IMG-20190425-141518912.jpg

IMG-20190425-141552138.jpg

IMG-20190425-141630299.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Anyone have a bootleg Bubble Bobble 'Bobble Bobble' board? I'm trying to find the value of the capacitor thats missing in this photo
    478673.jpg
    Might not be needed tbh, just like to know :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive two at home , ill have a check later

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Anyone have a bootleg Bubble Bobble 'Bobble Bobble' board? I'm trying to find the value of the capacitor thats missing in this photo
    478673.jpg
    Might not be needed tbh, just like to know :)

16v 220uf. Now that I have it out I'll have a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

O1S1N, you really should take up smoking, it would be a shame not to use that how it was intended :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

beejee wrote: »
    Now that I have it out I'll have a go

who wouldn't... :)
    giphy.gif

Master of the Universe

O1S1N, you really should take up smoking, it would be a shame not to use that how it was intended :D

I only just gave up in December :D

I was messing about with it and it knocked off the cabinet, thought I was after taking a chip out of the paint - turns out it's actually a really old chip that the previous holder made - there's one on each side and they line up exactly with the new holder.

You can see them in th last photo. Always wondered why such a clean cabinet had two knocks there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Quirkeys has the new daytona... and its broken

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

airmax87 wrote: »
    Quirkeys has the new daytona... and its broken

I didn't know there was a new Daytona!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

My Cyberlead quest has finally come to a conclusion

I got a few hours in the garage today and hooked up the newly serviced chassis from grant.

SHE LIVES!!!!

tested it with an old 1 slot and got garbled mess but it works, I have a tekken 3 on the way to me now so will update when its all working properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

SHE LIVES!!!!

Great. Pics of it working would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Finally !

• Advertisement

2x battle gear 4 cabs for sale on adverts from the Waterford op at a great price.

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade/17915978

I got a rave racer twin from him last week and he is a great guy. If only I had the room for these.....

Advertisement