Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broke glasses don't have spares...

Options
  • 21-04-2019 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi
    I am in a pickle here, typing this with my face right up at the screen ,
    I am blind without my specs which i just broke (and my spares are missing) - i think i am around -7,-6 .

I need high index lenses , is there a place in dublin that can do them fast ?
    normally i need to wait a week for my glasses .

Also what prices should i expect to pay for a high index pair ?
    1000 EUR ?

For now i will get some disposable contacts..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Plenty of shops in Dublin that can have them ready in an hour or two, max next day.
    1000 euro is a lot unless you're paying 800+ just for the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JuanBerrosa

fritzelly wrote: »
    Plenty of shops in Dublin that can have them ready in an hour or two, max next day.
    1000 euro is a lot unless you're paying 800+ just for the frame.

No, i can go cheap on the frame, sorry its been a while since i bought glasses in IReland.

But about 10 years ago i spent 700Eur on a pair in Barcelona, but then 4 years ago spent about 400E, so don't know if that place was a rip off.

But high index is possible so quick ?
    They had to order mine in from Germany last time ..

Go to the big high street stores, I'm 6/6 and never had a problem getting them quick
    Supersavers/Specsavers etc. If you go to the small private practices then they are less likely to have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JuanBerrosa

fritzelly wrote: »
    Go to the big high street stores, I'm 6/6 and never had a problem getting them quick
    Supersavers/Specsavers etc. If you go to the small private practices then they are less likely to have them in stock.
    decent prices there ?

Thanks btw ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Give Ace and Tate a shout, on site lab there and they may have yours in stock and be able to do a fast turn around. Very very decent pricing

• Advertisement

As cheap or expensive as you want, around 200 for something decent with extra thin etc

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Give Ace and Tate a shout, on site lab there and they may have yours in stock and be able to do a fast turn around. Very very decent pricing

Are they glass or plastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Plastic, as are most lenses these days owing to the fact that even the thinnest index glass lenses will be heavier than plastic. You won't find anywhere carrying a stock of glass lenses

Advertisement