Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DR21 Draught Reducing Air Vent

Options
  • 21-04-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got one of these installed? How is it performing?

Just installed one today. I thought it was a bit of a messy and poor installation method. I can still hear wind whistling around this vent which is a bit disappointing, although TBH I am out in a exposed location.

Hopefully the other aspects of the vent make it a good solution.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Has anyone got one of these installed? How is it performing?

Just installed one today. I thought it was a bit of a messy and poor installation method. I can still hear wind whistling around this vent which is a bit disappointing, although TBH I am out in a exposed location.

Hopefully the other aspects of the vent make it a good solution.

Did it get any better for you?
    Just watching them on Dragons Den!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yes. Although I'll not fully know until I've been through a winter.
    I have to say I was slightly disappointed in how it is attached. When attaching to a dashed wall, you have to seal the gap between the backplate and the dash with a silicon.
    It took a lot of which to do so. Also if the back plate was smaller in diameter it would be hidden more and look better.
    The actual cowl itself the is stuck to the backplate with silicon which I thought was a bit daft as if you need to take it off it could be a bit of a pain.
    Otherwise it seems to be fine, but I've not experienced much in terms of wintery days in order to confirm its operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Yes. Although I'll not fully know until I've been through a winter.
    I have to say I was slightly disappointed in how it is attached. When attaching to a dashed wall, you have to seal the gap between the backplate and the dash with a silicon.
    It took a lot of which to do so. Also if the back plate was smaller in diameter it would be hidden more and look better.
    The actual cowl itself the is stuck to the backplate with silicon which I thought was a bit daft as if you need to take it off it could be a bit of a pain.
    Otherwise it seems to be fine, but I've not experienced much in terms of wintery days in order to confirm its operation.

Hey, just came across this thread while looking for info on these vents. How did it work out for you last winter?

Worked out very well.
    No draughts - at least nowhere near the extent of the previous vent we had. Very pleased with it. On a very windy day I can put my hand over the vent on the inside and feel next to no breeze. Very impressive.
    There is a bit of noise from the wind at the vent when the wind blows in a certain direction, but other than thant the only issue I had was the method of installation requiring a large amount of sealing silicon.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

Worked out very well.
    No draughts - at least nowhere near the extent of the previous vent we had. Very pleased with it. On a very windy day I can put my hand over the vent on the inside and feel next to no breeze. Very impressive.
    There is a bit of noise from the wind at the vent when the wind blows in a certain direction, but other than thant the only issue I had was the method of installation requiring a large amount of sealing silicon.

Thanks, that's good to know. Did you get it on Amazon or is it available to buy somewhere in Ireland, do you know?

• Advertisement

I got it on Amazon.

Advertisement