Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Radio wiring

Options
  • 16-04-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up an 05 A4 Cabrio couple of weeks ago.

It already had an aftermarket radio in it . But it wasn't working right. The front speakers weren't working properly.

I wanted to put a Bluetooth unit in anyway so wasn't too concerned, till I pulled out the radio. it was a ball of ****e in behind. 2 of the 3 original plugs were cut off and some of the wires were routed through some foam covered pcb of sorts. I picked up a couple of sets of original wiring (plugs with a few inches of cable) off breakers on eBay but a few wires seem different. The car had the single din concert stereo from factory according to myaudi.

I had a go at it but not having much luck so I'm thinking of leaving it to someone with more knowledge .

So that brings me to the end of my story. Im looking for recommendations in the Dublin area or surroundings. Do ICE in Ranelagh do this sort of thing?

Comments

Advertisement