Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety break cable broke ifor williams

• 15-04-2019 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Lashing rain today and forgot to take safety cable off hitch when returning trailer. Drove away and cable broke. Trailer stayed in situ. Have new cable ordered. Not my trailer so things abit awkward.
    Has anyone experience of replacing ine of these? Any advice appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭emaherx

Carrickbeg wrote: »
    Lashing rain today and forgot to take safety cable off hitch when returning cable. Drove away and cable broke. Trailer stayed in situ. Have new cable ordered. Not my trailer so things abit awkward.
    Has anyone experience of replacing ine of these? Any advice appreciated...

Remove pin.
    Throw away old broke bit.
    Reinstall pin with new cable.
    Job done.

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure owner will forgive you in time, it's an easy mistake and easy to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Yeah, did one a couple of weeks ago. So easy I can't even remember the process. It's just a two minute max. thing. Don't remember if I just had to clip the thing on or put it on like you would a key on a key ring. My local motor factors had them on the shelf, a very standard thing and not specific to ifor williams or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

emaherx wrote: »
    Remove pin.
    Throw away old broke bit.
    Reinstall pin with new cable.
    Job done.

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure owner will forgive you in time, it's an easy mistake and easy to sort.

Yep, that's it ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Carrickbeg

Yeah, did one a couple of weeks ago. So easy I can't even remember the process. It's just a two minute max. thing. Don't remember if I just had to clip the thing on or put it on like you would a key on a key ring. My local motor factors had them on the shelf, a very standard thing and not specific to ifor williams or anything.
    Local Coop advised generic one wouldn't do the job...they ordered specific ifor williams one for me...11euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Carrickbeg

All fixed. Thanks for all the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement