Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why can't most hairdressers cut curly hair??

• 10-03-2019 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have naturally curly hair, and have had the same hairstyle for donkeys years! Occasionally I change the colour and length (from mid neck to shoulders).
    But when I suggested to my hairdresser yesterday that I'd like a change and cut it short, her response was 'No,no,no! It wouldn't suit you! The curls would spring up!'

I think she was nervous about doing the cut!

If any curly haired person knows of any hairdresser in Ireland that knows how to cut curly hair please let me know...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Frowny_face

Hi there, I've been going to the curly look in Phibsborough for awhile now and can highly recommend him!
    Theres also a curly only place - think they are on wicklow street. Never been there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Curly Look is the best. Very long waiting time for an appointment though.. If you don't do it already, check out the Curly Girl method online and it will put you on the right track. There is a girl, Laura, in Ritz Hair Salon in Galway who does curly cuts and she's good, if you're ever in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

There’s a Curly Girl Method Ireland Facebook page, might be worth having a look

https://www.facebook.com/groups/285452478843412/?ref=share

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Martina in Kopper in cork is fantastic for curly hair too

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hillary of Hillary.ie in Ranelagh is great with curly hair. She’s been cutting mine for over 10 years now.

Your hairdresser may be right though. Curly hair often needs weight (e.g. length) to look it’s best. Too short and it can fly away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement