Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nest Protect Smoke / carbon monoxide detectors can't connected to Wifi

• 09-04-2019 8:41pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 Nest smoke / carbon monoxide detectors. All was well until I installed my Nest Hello doorbell. Since then both detectors disconnected themselves from my wifi at the same time and I can not reconnect them. The Nest Hello is working perfectly. I have tried everything including removing both detectors from the app, factory resetting them and reinstalling. It all goes to pot when I try to connect them to my wifi, it is as though I have the wrong password (although I don't). I get this message:

"Nest Protect couldn't connect to your Wi-Fi network. Make sure that you've entered the correct password and that your home network is connected to the internet. P007(3.9)"

I have Googled the hell out of this, very frustrating! Nest Hello working perfectly on the same Wifi with the same password.
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

I suspect WiFi contention. If you take the hello doorbell off the network and the 2 detectors work flawlessly then you've got a network issue

You need a booster or repeater near either the doorbell or your detectors

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I suspect WiFi contention. If you take the hello doorbell off the network and the 2 detectors work flawlessly then you've got a network issue

Thanks for the response.

Not sure what you mean by “WiFi contention”.
    However I powered down the doorbell and attempted to connect the detectors. This failed too.
    You need a booster or repeater near either the doorbell or your detectors

The 2 detectors have been working flawlessly for sometime with the same (Apple) WiFi routers. The doorbell is actually the furthest point and it is working perfectly.

I also attempted to set up a detector less than 1m from the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

I assume you restarted your router? Can you create a guest network on the router and try that? Maybe reset the router?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I assume you restarted your router

Yes.
    Can you create a guest network on the router and try that? Maybe reset the router?

Didn’t do that. Might try it over the weekend.
    Thanks.

Advertisement