Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    When Lysander gets about five miles up the staircase and reaches a platform the thousands of miles of staircases ahead of him vanish as do those below. Only the platform remains.

"Hello" Lysander hears behind him as a perfect sphere descends in the distance.

"You are about to enter the central presence. Be courteous and remember all details. Do not touch anything within the dwelling unless you are asked"

The sphere approaches Lysander where upon he sees it's the height of a skyscraper and fires a beam at the platform, creating a wooden door.

Lysander bows to the sphere.

'You have my word, if that counts for anything.'

He makes his way towards the door cautiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

As he walks through the door he finds himself standing in ice cold water with a cabin a head of him covered in snow and a rotted old fence. A strangely large moon hangs in the sky and a evergreen forest surrounds the scene.

LLH03C.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander takes a moment to take in the scenery before trudging forward towards the cabin. The water feels good around his feet, although he's concerned his designer shoes might never be the same.

Stepping onto the cabin porch Lysander sees a large Greek Alpha on the door. There's a light within. At the edges of his hearing he can make out the sound of gears turning.

Stepping onto the cabin porch Lysander sees a large Greek Alpha on the door. There's a light within. At the edges of his hearing he can make out the sound of gears turning.

Lysander approaches the door and reaches out to knock, but remembers the big tall sphere's warning.

He draws his hand back and speaks softly, but as clear as he can muster.

'Hello? Anyone there?'

• Advertisement

A friendly deep voice from the American West calls back.

"Come on in Ly, food is warm and we've a bit to discuss"

A friendly deep voice from the American West calls back.

"Come on in Ly, food is warm and we've a bit to discuss"

Lysander enters the room.

'I'm pretty sure you're aware of my... disposition towards food. But who would I be to turn down an offer from such a generous host?'

He looks around meekly, feeling suddenly very small and insignificant. He doesn't like this feeling.

The hut is small. Two chairs covered with Bison fur blankets sit facing a fire. Between them a small brown table. A stove is on nearby and a small book case lies in the corner. Besides that there is a bed.

At the stove is his host making a bean stew.

kYduWl.jpg

"Don't worry stew is for me. I got you that blood there..." Lysander sees there is now a wine glass of fine blood at the table "...just pass me that sauce..." he says pointing to a pot above the stove.

"So what's the big plan? What do you want to do? Just tell me while I finish this"

Lysander hands the being the sauce he requested.

'Well... my main goal is to establish a full clan of Lasombra within the Camarilla. Although, truthfully - as you probably know, that is only part of it. I hope to rise high amongst the council, with Clarissa and my...children at my side. I am ambitious and ruthless enough to make it happen in oh... about the next two centuries if I plan my moves correctly.'

He pauses.

'Probably sounds ridiculous to you though. And patently...'

He hangs his head briefly.

'Evil. Am I in trouble?'

"Heh" he laughs weakly.

"Evil, probably. You've no need to worry though"

He sits down on his chair with the beans.

"Truth is you go Vampire and you're out of my reach. No I'm just concerned about you meddling in the past recently. Your clan ancestor Lasombra himself has now survived. I had to exert some effort to make sure history in general wasn't too affected. It's not the worst thing I've had to deal with, but I'd prefer it didn't happen again. Can we agree on that to start with?"

• Advertisement

"Heh" he laughs weakly.

"Evil, probably. You've no need to worry though"

He sits down on his chair with the beans.

"Truth is you go Vampire and you're out of my reach. No I'm just concerned about you meddling in the past recently. Your clan ancestor Lasombra himself has now survived. I had to exert some effort to make sure history in general wasn't too affected. It's not the worst thing I've had to deal with, but I'd prefer it didn't happen again. Can we agree on that to start with?"

'Oh... he survived did he? Oh my. Yes - to be honest, that wasn't exactly planned at all. I should have expected it... our clan is the most cunning and ruthless. Forewarning would have him plan for the exact moment and how to deal with it.'

He looks up meekly.

"Well I couldn't stop him surviving. A purely Vampiric effect that, but I made it so that he has had a minimal impact on events.

Now. I want to ask one thing of you"

"Well I couldn't stop him surviving. A purely Vampiric effect that, but I made it so that he has had a minimal impact on events.

Now. I want to ask one thing of you"

'Of... me? Go ahead, I'm curious as to what someone of your stature could possibly need my assistance for...'

He lifts his glass and takes a sip of the blood, savouring it.

'And also absolutely terrified if I'm completely honest.'

"It's quite simple. There are things I cannot do, especially with your kind. I have a facility in the Senora desert. If you could spare some humans to guard it. That'd be great. I need nothing more"

"It's quite simple. There are things I cannot do, especially with your kind. I have a facility in the Senora desert. If you could spare some humans to guard it. That'd be great. I need nothing more"

Lysander thinks for a moment.

'I mean... I could 'persuade' half a room to do that for you, probably with a single command. Would that suffice?'

He makes a tut tutting sound.

"Sorry pal. No can do. Free will and all that. Use your human skills at persuasion"

Lysander nods.

'I can but try. They're rusty though. Does it have to be humans? Vampires would make much better guardians. Although... they are nosy.'

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander nods.

'I can but try. They're rusty though. Does it have to be humans? Vampires would make much better guardians. Although... they are nosy.'
    "You lot have a...corrosive influence on my stuff, but if it is easiest for you sure. Maybe don't let them into the facility"

"You lot have a...corrosive influence on my stuff, but if it is easiest for you sure. Maybe don't let them into the facility"

Lysander laughs, feeling a little better.

'Yeah we tend to do that a lot. I'll see what I can do... Padre? Father? God?'

He looks up at the being, slightly embarassed.

'Not sure what to call you to be honest. I was thinking my political friend would be very helpful in this. Set up a recruitment firm, get some of your most ardent followers to sign up... bingo, free will all taken care of in a nice neat contract. Heck, I'll even pay them for the first year, to atone for my meddling in the past and all.'

Lysander laughs, feeling a little better.

'Yeah we tend to do that a lot. I'll see what I can do... Padre? Father? God?'
    "I've got plenty of names...Padre would be a funny twist. Let's go with that"
    He looks up at the being, slightly embarassed.

'Not sure what to call you to be honest. I was thinking my political friend would be very helpful in this. Set up a recruitment firm, get some of your most ardent followers to sign up... bingo, free will all taken care of in a nice neat contract. Heck, I'll even pay them for the first year, to atone for my meddling in the past and all.'
    "Neat, clean, efficient and no breaking any rules. I knew I picked the right man for the job. Consider it a deal. It will be worth your while as well...in time.

Now you want to head back to when you were or wanna skip the fight..."

He smiles

"...or feeling mighty brave and want to skip a few months?"

• Advertisement

"I've got plenty of names...Padre would be a funny twist. Let's go with that"

"Neat, clean, efficient and no breaking any rules. I knew I picked the right man for the job. Consider it a deal. It will be worth your while as well...in time.

Now you want to head back to when you were or wanna skip the fight..."

He smiles

"...or feeling mighty brave and want to skip a few months?"

Lysander smirks.

'I do love a gamble. Let's take the time skip, and I'll get to work for you immediately on the recruitment. I've got a couple of... loose ends currently that may or may not self resolve.'

"Well good luck. We'll probably meet one more time before the end of all this...stuff you've got going on"

Lysander finds himself in Nostro's hotel. The roof has collapsed in, the stars twinkling in the sky above. Remnants of police investigation tape lie in the corner next to one of the doors. A bum looks at Lysander.

"Hey buddy how'd you do that?"

"Well good luck. We'll probably meet one more time before the end of all this...stuff you've got going on"

Lysander finds himself in Nostro's hotel. The roof has collapsed in, the stars twinkling in the sky above. Remnants of police investigation tape lie in the corner next to one of the doors. A bum looks at Lysander.

"Hey buddy how'd you do that?"

Lysander looks around strangely.

'Oh, call me a messenger of the Lord. There's a calling for you, my friend - if you want it that is. There is a building in the Senora desert, in need of protection. If you are interested....

It pays good money.'

Lysander flicks him a business card.

'Call me.'

He makes for the exit, pulling out his phone and dialling Cock Robin's number.

The bum fumbles with the card, a combination of Lysander's dominating mind and the obviously supernatural way he appeared out of thin air convincing him. He roars after him.

"I'll get cleaned up buddy...I...I...you'll get that phone call" he cries as Lysander heads out.

Cock Robin picks up almost immediately.

"Lysander....really you?"

He sounds weak.

The bum fumbles with the card, a combination of Lysander's dominating mind and the obviously supernatural way he appeared out of thin air convincing him. He roars after him.

"I'll get cleaned up buddy...I...I...you'll get that phone call" he cries as Lysander heads out.

Cock Robin picks up almost immediately.

"Lysander....really you?"

He sounds weak.

'Yes, Rob - what has happened? I... remember getting ready to watch the fight then... nothing. Until now, and I'm back in the hotel.'

He briefly checks the date on his phone.

'Yes, Rob - what has happened? I... remember getting ready to watch the fight then... nothing. Until now, and I'm back in the hotel.'

He briefly checks the date on his phone.
    It's February 2021. Lysander is roughly two years since the fight.

"What's happened...fúck man what hasn't...can you get to LA...fast?"

It's February 2021. Lysander is roughly two years since the fight.

"What's happened...fúck man what hasn't...can you get to LA...fast?"

'Two...two years? Oh my.. I think I can. Fill me in on the major parts at least. Cliff notes will do for now.'

He looks for a passing taxi to flag.

'Two...two years? Oh my.. I think I can. Fill me in on the major parts at least. Cliff notes will do for now.'

He looks for a passing taxi to flag.
    "Cliff notes well, when you vanished that Nostro dude was made acting Lasombra head in San Diego...he's pretty loyal to you you know. Never formally took on the title of Primogen, said it was yours until you were confirmed dead..."

Lysander catches a cab. When the driver hears the destination he looks shocked

"LA pal? $500 right. You got the cash? I take cards"

Lysander has neither cash nor card on him when he checks.

'Hold on a moment.'

He turns to the taxi driver and catches his gaze.

'You want to visit LA, to see an old friend. I need a lift so you are bringing me for company.'

He pauses, and then remembers his very first taxi journey and how all of that panned out.

'Oh, and you'll let me sit in the front.'

• Advertisement

'Hold on a moment.'

He turns to the taxi driver and catches his gaze.

'You want to visit LA, to see an old friend. I need a lift so you are bringing me for company.'

He pauses, and then remembers his very first taxi journey and how all of that panned out.

'Oh, and you'll let me sit in the front.'
    "Sure thing pal, just glad to have you with me. It'll be like old times seeing Frank again. Remember Sally's birthday party with that stupid horse game..."

The taxi driver continues to drone on, thinking Lysander is an old friend. Cock Robin fills him in on the details.

"So a few months after you vanished San Diego was hit by a massive Sabbat attack. They were looking for you"

Advertisement