Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Babybird

• 04-03-2019 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember Babybird, aka Stephen Jones? They were mainly known for "You're Gorgeous", but we're so much better than that.
    I checked them on Deezer and there were four new albums from 2012! Seems to be new material (at the time), and also some older stuff. I'm a fan and only discovering it now. Listened to it all a few times and it's excellent.

It also looks like he is coming back as Babybird are listed to appear at a festival in England.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Know a few of his older songs. Loved this one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Know a few of his older songs. Loved this one..

Yep. Great track. Johnny Depp's favourite band apparently and he played guitar on this.

https://youtu.be/CxrYcTgATaM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

His earlier solo stuff was marketed as Baby Bird.
    I bought Bad Shave on the strength of an NME review sometime in 1995. Intense LP.

Goodnight was the breakthrough - credited to the full band or Babybird.

Advertisement